Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Beware of anyone emailing you privately for Morning Glory Seeds!

There is a member who seems to be in desperate need of a lot of morning glory seeds. She has had numerous GW names over the past few months...each time requesting , or responding to threads that have morning glory seeds. She always wants a lot of or all of them.

She claims to have 6 empty flower beds, she wants to fill. IMHO, she has received enough MG seeds from numerous members here and in numerous other places to fill 6 beds, if they are all an acre or more a piece!

She claims that she is a Garden Web member but that she is having problems using GW...that she cannot post, or email via GW. There is likely a good reason for that.

There are numerous members here who are aware of her 'antics'.

She recently purchased 2400 Morning Glory seeds on Ebay!

One can only guess just why she needs that many, or what she is doing with them all.

While there are indeed members in good standing, who may do a seed search, and find you have what they are looking for, just beware of them if they need a lot of Morning Glory seeds, or are from Red Oak Iowa.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to email me. I hesitate to say too much here, for fear of this getting pulled.

Happy Gardening and Trading!

Sue...rbb

Comments (150)

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

I saw the note Ann got, it really seemed to be unwarrented to me. I know several of us have gotten more to the point regarding this person than Ann did. Down to and including Angie posting excerpts from a post from another site with her and the lady who posted something Glenda had posted on her garden journal. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with those, I see them more as a public service posting to highlight the kind of individual we're dealing with here, but they were more 'confrontational' than Ann's. And even the one I did that mentioned the idea of sending her chipped peppercorns was more mean spirited.

I'm sorry for not replying to you Ann, I was really rather shocked that your comment had brought such a reprimand. Makes one wonder if the person that gave rise to this thread has ever gotten a warning for her behavior and greed and possibly addiction.

Kathy

• Ann
    15 years ago

Kathy,
    Thanks for your kind words. Wasn't trying to whine, but it's nice to know who one's friends are!
    Let's trade again soon!
    Cheers, Ann

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Ann, I am sorry they singled you out..and I think if they understood the MAGNITUDE of this situation, they wouldnt be complaining. I normally wouldnt post about someone that just did it once or twice. We are ALL your friends ANN..

PJ, welcome to GW, I am SOO glad to see you...I have truly missed you ! Maybe we can keep up with each other here ? I had trouble with my emial account and it erased ALL of my info...the ladies here all know how upset I was..and I havent had a way to contact you.

Ok, back to the thread...I hope that the authorities that be here on GW will understand how bad of a situation this is, maybe they would contact one of us, so they can see the magnitude of this ??

• Ann
    15 years ago

Thanks flwrs4ever! That's the side of GW that I love!

• medontdo
    15 years ago

well i do know of a lady thru another group i am in on a hummingbird group, and she is trying her hardest to keep glenda out!! she has seen the damage she has done, and the only person i could put her in touch with was sue, i told her she has the info!! i also told her it would be smart if all of the garden people (head of them with the info on her)got together and put their info in so they'd have alll the info on her and could be on the look out. i do not like that there are people out there scamming anyone, whether they are scammers too. ya know!! ok i think i'm done!! its been crazy here, sick kiddo and hubby, so i haven't been able to blab much!!
    its nice to see a new face!! welcome!! :')) hugs, medo

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

She has a new name this week !

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Is it here at GW? Do we need to add it to one of the review threads with all of her aliases?...or was it just at another site?

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Don't forget our great Rate and Revire Forum

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Oh my goodness! You would think she'd quit after getting busted out so many times! Kym, or whome ever has it, please send me the new name via email. A GW Buddy (THANK YOU!)very kindly sent me a very comprehensive list of names and emails from all over the 'Net. I'd like to add this one to it.

Kathy

• medontdo
    15 years ago

hey Kathy!! ummmmm i'd like that name please :')) this is crazy freaky!!! why the names all the time?? this is sooo nuts!! my goodneesss!! ps may i have the very comprehensive list too?? LOL

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Hi Sue, I just posted the new names that I am aware of on the rate and review thread...I just wanted to make sure everyone knew she is still at it...

Original Author
    15 years ago

Morning glory woman just struck again...having the member send seeds twice, claiming the first ones never arrived, and then she never sent her end. She referred to herself this time as sweet German girl....sheesh. I don't know if the member who was scammed ever 'caught' her member name and don't know if she then did a Rate and review search on her....but I doubt if she did.

Sue...rbb

Here is a link that might be useful: remember to check the Rate and Review forum b4 trading

• medontdo
    15 years ago

man sue, you are good!! how do you always know all of this?? i almost always know if i come over here i can see you posting something informative!! :')) and very interesting!! if she'd only have planted some of them, she'd have some of them coming up by now, mine were til tabor started his medievil garden and tilled. and suni's are coming up. so i know glenda's would be coming up by now!! geez!!!

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

This woman is just one huge nightmare that is never going to end.

She's one sick lady, that's for sure.

Fran

• Ann
    15 years ago

Sue knows ALL and hears ALL - she may be the RBB, but she looks out for all of us! Thanks Sue!

• medontdo
    15 years ago

yes!! thank you sue! :')) i was never so glad as when the envi thing was fixed! "stamps" i should say!! i can't believe sue did that!! man that is still unbelievable!! dang kids tryd to take over my pc!! LOL bad part is, she's 5!!! LOL

Original Author
    15 years ago

man sue, you are good!! how do you always know all of this??
    I'm not good...but rather my informants are good, so I must give credit where credit is due.
    I check the Rate & Review frequently, noting an occasional bad review (and saving it to a folder on my computer), and watch for member names maybe not being included in the review or the name being spelled wrong...or a new review thread when there was already an existing review...yada, yada, yada...all just busy body type things.
    .......and we won't even go into the postage thing and it being fixed...or not being fixed...sigh.

Have a great day all. I'm playing outside all day today, and a friend is coming to go mushroom hunting, and I'm goiung to be wild flower hunting and hope to snap a lot of pics along the way.

• geosdee
    15 years ago

Hello all,

Just been reading some posts on MG's and got to this one. I usually by my stuff from ebay, I don't normally trade since I don't have a bunch of stuff. Can someone let me know what her ebay id is so that I don't run into a problem. I haven't bought any MG's yet, cause I am trying to figure out what ones I would like to have. I have the blue one that you see growing all over the place and think it is just beautiful. In case you want to check my ebay purchases before you let me know I am geosdee.

Thanks,

Dee

Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Dee,

Can someone let me know what her ebay id is
    It might be best to not mention that here...too much info will cause a post and then sometimes a whole thread to be pulled.

If you set up an email link on your member page, maybe someone will then send you an email with all the info.

To set up your email link, just go to the bottom on any page here, and click on Member Pages
    Then click on Edit your Personal Information, Page, and Preferences
    You will then probably be asked to login in again.
    Then check the box Allow other users to send you email via forms at our site.

That will place a link on your member page, making it handy for members (potential traders) to reach you in the future..

Sue

• geosdee
    15 years ago

Hi Sue,

I appreciate the fact of not including specifics on the subject here. I didn't know that my email was not showing. I have gone in and updated my profile. Hopefully someone will give advise. I and currently watching some MG seeds and want to make sure of whom I am bidding from, even though you check their feedback, sometimes you just don't know.

Thanks, Dee

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Dee I sent you an email...Angie

• geosdee
    15 years ago

Got it.

Thanks Angie

Dee

• scottrell
    15 years ago

I just received a weird e-mail today. I am going to forward it to you Sue, OK? Thanks - Sharon

Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok...Sharon. I got it and replied b4 seeing this...I asked your member name...but now I know, and will add it to my email book.

In case anyone is interested, it wasn't from MG woman, but instead someone wanting plants, and houseplants...not just seeds. My suggestion was to either ignore the email, or else point her to the Seed Exchange and reply to the 'offers' of SASE, SASBE, or free.

Sue

• Ann
    15 years ago

Sue: I had the same email and told that person (whomever it was since they didn't show a GW name) that they should post on the seed exchange but that I wasn't doing blind requests. Something's in the air...LOL Ann

• debbiep_gw
    15 years ago

I got the mail too!I just deleted it myself.Debbie

Original Author
    15 years ago

Ann, and Debbie,

If you do a search of the email addy, you will see the member name, as she included her email addy in 2 posts....in case you are curious. There's only 2 posts (made in 2007) where she was looking for some things....and nothing on her Member Trade list, and no email link on her member page. Her page does not come up on a member name search either, so I reported it...via the contact link.

Sue...rbb

• scottrell
    15 years ago

Hi, I e-mailed her back and asked for her G-web name and she said it was flowerlady_2008, and she is in the State of MA. - Sharon

Original Author
    15 years ago

Sharon,

She is mistaken, as that email addy does not go with that name...like I said...do a search of that email addy, and include all forums and you will see a thread where a member gives that addy as theirs. If you click on that member page, there is no email link.
    click on See MY Journal
    click on send so-and-so an email
    and then you will see that that addy goes with that member name. She has chosen to show the addy to members, but has not checked the box to receive emails via GW.

Under the circumstances, maybe it would be best if we did not make any mention of member names here. It could get a reply pulled....especially since it is not MG woman

Sue

• west_texas_peg
    15 years ago

There is no one in the Members list with the name of flowerlady_2008

• scottrell
    15 years ago

Sorry, My bad! Not only after I posted did I think to myself that I shoud not have offered up that info to the public. I am sorry, will do my best to use better judgement next time. I don't want to get in trouble with the powers that be. - Sharon

• michi81
    15 years ago

I am new to this whole forum thing but man! there is always someone that ruins something so clean, sane and honest. People will always think of ways to make money on the side. Just know in your hearts that you are doing a good thing for the others that truely love this site and are getting the garden HIGH we all crave lol..Best of luck to all! I will keep an eye out. Good thing my morning glory started out as a cutting and is enormous and I do not have seeds!! ha ha ..

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:28509}}

• roxy_girl
    15 years ago

Quoted from Sue:

"Morning glory woman just struck again...having the member send seeds twice, claiming the first ones never arrived, and then she never sent her end. She referred to herself this time as sweet German girl....sheesh. I don't know if the member who was scammed ever 'caught' her member name and don't know if she then did a Rate and review search on her....but I doubt if she did."

Yep that would have been me, I was in a hurry (running around keeping up with my granddaughter) and she got me...snake bite me once I learned my lesson, it WON'T happen again...Thanks to Sue!!!! I'm guessing that "Glenda" is now the Wicked Witch of Gardenweb...lol

• medontdo
    15 years ago

oh hon, she is the "wicked witch" of many garden places!! unfortunately!! its always safe to look up that name, i'm learning, now i ask a well informed person. LOL and i'm starting to keep well kept records. well....when i start doing seeds again, LOL sorry she got you. i'm just so afraid of what she's doing with them. i know i shouldn't be, but if she's a doper, and with THAT much of these seeds, ya'll know where i'm going with this, so i'm just afraid of the people that's getting these, and what if these are being mixed in with something else. i'm no chemist but could the effect be bad??? and what if its on kids?? it scares the heck outta me!!!! ~Medo

• roxy_girl
    15 years ago

I know what you mean Medo, I'm raising my 6 year old granddaughter and daily I'm scared out of my wits!!! I just don't understand these types of people, it's beyond me! *shakes head*

I think I'll only trade with the good people on here that I have traded with many times and those that have good R&R's (I'll take the time to check from now on by good golly!!!) to cut out the risk of anything like this ever happening again.

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

Well, all, this is getting to be like living smack in the middle of that old movie Groundhog Day.

The infamous MG lady strikes again. Sorry roxy girl, that she got you this time.

She boggles the mind, and that she continues to return here with many of us watching out for her just blows the mind.

I don't know if any of you saw new reports this past late winter and early spring, but there where many, many reports about teens and their purchase of MG seeds at local hardware stores and nurseries.
    Teens buying 30, 40 and 50 packet of morning glory seeds. We all know they where up to no good with those purchases.

Even in the local, but quite large, hardware store it happened in my home town.

Luckily, the store manager and some very smart cashiers "smelled a rat". 4 local teens came in and each tried to purchase at least 40 packets of various morning glory seeds. All went to a different register and tried to pay for them.

They called the store manager who wouldn't allow the purchase of any of them, detained the kids and the police where called. Sure enough, the kids where well known drug users.

I have heard talk that it will be more difficult in the next year or so to purchase morning glory seeds, don't know if it is true, time will tell.

If that where to happen, then our MG lady will become even more desperate for her MG seeds.

Fran

• dorisl
    15 years ago

More lazy druggies!

Used to be the "hippies" in the 60's had very carefully tended marijuana gardens, [I mean like in the closed with grow lites and all that] they WORKED HARD for their high.

The mg druggies cant be bothered to tend a garden, can they? No no no they gotta BUY 40 packs of seeds.... geez... cant be bothered to GROW THEIR OWN.

(think maybe Im getting old?)

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

LOL Doris! :)

Original Author
    15 years ago

Good one Doris!

Morning Glory Woman is another year older today.

I found 12 of her aliases on The birthday list for Aug 12th

Sue...resident busy body who needs to get a life

• medontdo
    15 years ago

yes, i do remember when people used to grow their own stuff. now people buy it, that's why so many people end up dead, in the hospital, and accidently hooked on marijuanna or other things and don't know why. its because they are buying their stuff that is laced with opium or nowadays meth and hooked!! freaks!! IMHO very humble though. LOL i swear, if my kids do, i will take them to a rehab place and show them how the people look when they are strung out and begging for more, and when they think and wishing they are/were dying!!! maybe they will think twice about that. ~Medo

• west_texas_peg
    15 years ago

She's back with new id of galinagirl...posted August 25th for bulbs and sunflower seeds. Appears GW deleted Plant Exchange post but others are still there. Beware of galinagirl, if you do a trade--get your end first.

Peggy

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

Peggy,
    this is just beyond belief. So she's trying to get back here by posting on other forums to start with. Then she'll make her way back to the seed exchange site.

She is really one sick lady.

Fran

• diana_lynn
    15 years ago

Interesting individual. I read a bunch at the top of this thread and then gave up, so I haven't read the more recent postings. One thought that kept popping up in my head is that she probably is sick--clinically mentally ill. Perhaps with addictions issues on top of that (self-medicating perhaps?). Some of you posted quotes from her. The ones where she is responding to direct confrontation sound a lot like someone who is mentally ill. If that is the case, then she probably can't help what she's doing (at least not without mental health treatment and her own committment to deal with her illness). It would also account for the fact that her behavior is completely illogical (plant the damn things--you'll never have to beg seed again!).

I find, when dealing with someone who is seriously mentally ill, that one of the most therapeutic ways of dealing with them is to remain calm, non-judgemental, and set CLEAR, CONSISTENT boundaries. So the blunt messages people have sent her telling her they will not trade with her under any circumstances are actually a good thing!

This is sounding preach-y---NOT what I meant. I really want to say to everyone out there who has posted, thanks for protecting the rest of us! If she's really ill, then she probably won't go away, but at least we have the good souls on GardenWeb looking out for us and spreading the word!

Diana Lynn

PS--Could this post be kept near the top of the Seed Exchange page as a sort of permanent alert? Would that be appropriate?

• medontdo
    15 years ago

i think we try to do that, ya know, diana i never did think of that. just drugs always pop into my mind because of the hubs, LOL hmmm...........but because its the one things she's always after and spending so much on it, and getting so much of it. if i think about what we learn in classes, bipolar comes to mind. ~Medo

• lisa831
    15 years ago

She's back with new id of galina looking for morning seeds and pods,on a different site then this one.

• Ann
    15 years ago

Andrea81 posted for a SASE offer of MG. Someone with the GW name of Sunnny responded but there's no location or email. She said that she was in TX but I have my doubts. Anyone know if this is the "usual suspect"?

Original Author
    15 years ago

Anyone know if this is the "usual suspect"?

I really do not think so. That person has been a member since 2007.

Morning Glory Woman always has an email link, has 'favorite' forums listed, and the posted reply is not her style.

Sue

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

thanks for asking bakemom, I have been wondering also..BUT Id LOVE to know what address she is giving out, she has made me a real skeptic..it is too bad there are people like this in the world.

Thanks to you all for keeping us all posted !

Original Author
    15 years ago

She is now in IL, as of July 2008. I think she is in Springfield.

One more post and this thread will heave reached its max. Maybe I should copy my OP to a new thread, and then link to this thread, so the saga can go on and on, as she is just like the Energizer Bunny.

Sue...rbb

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

Bad news folks, she's back on a MG site and using her real name this time. She was banned from the site before and just let the mods there know that she's back again.

Anyone who wants the name she's using on that forum, just e-mail me.

Sue, get a new post going so we can keep this updated.

Fran

Original Author
    15 years ago

hmmm...this post says there are 150 replies, so I was going to start a new one, so we could keep it bumped up somewhere on page one (most of the time anyway), and now I see it is going to let me add reply 151 to this thread.

I'll hold off a bit then on starting a new one, as we don't need two 'active' threads on this.

Once this one can no longer be posted to, I will start a new one, copying the OP from this thread, and then linking to this thread....or someone else can feel free to do it.

Sue...rbb

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
Award-Winning Interior Designer in Loudoun County | 12x Best of Houzz