Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

o
Beware of anyone emailing you privately for Morning Glory Seeds!

Posted by chemocurl zone 5/6 S IN (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 24, 08 at 11:03

There is a member who seems to be in desperate need of a lot of morning glory seeds. She has had numerous GW names over the past few months...each time requesting , or responding to threads that have morning glory seeds. She always wants a lot of or all of them.

She claims to have 6 empty flower beds, she wants to fill. IMHO, she has received enough MG seeds from numerous members here and in numerous other places to fill 6 beds, if they are all an acre or more a piece!

She claims that she is a Garden Web member but that she is having problems using GW...that she cannot post, or email via GW. There is likely a good reason for that.

There are numerous members here who are aware of her 'antics'.
She recently purchased 2400 Morning Glory seeds on Ebay!

One can only guess just why she needs that many, or what she is doing with them all.

While there are indeed members in good standing, who may do a seed search, and find you have what they are looking for, just beware of them if they need a lot of Morning Glory seeds, or are from Red Oak Iowa.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to email me. I hesitate to say too much here, for fear of this getting pulled.

Happy Gardening and Trading!

Sue...rbb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beware of anyone emailing you privately for Morning Glory See

Oops,I believe this person just mailed me,what you said sounds all familar.Debbie

o

Yes, Debbie. I received your email, and that is indeed the one.

Sue

o

Thanks Sue, what in the world would we do without you.

So "she" is back again.

Would like to add to Sue's advise. From past experience, if you do not have your e-mail addy available for members to see, this person has another method of attempts at contacting you.

She will look for a thread you started with MG seeds offered in it. Then she will find a newbie that you sent seeds to that has an e-mail addy listed.
Her next step is to contact that newbie claiming that they did a trade a while back and is having trouble getting GW. She then asks the newbie to contact you for her and gives the newbie her e-mail addy to send to you to contact her about a trade.
Being that the newbie is inexperienced and probably doesn't have the best record keeping system yet and is still learning, the newbie will do this for her.

I've had this trick done to newbies 3 times and all 3 times they have sent the info to me. Almost got caught in it the first time, but not the other 2.

So please be aware of this other method that she uses. If you have any questions about how she tries this way, just send me an e-mail.

And, maybe with this person around, we should not have the e-mail addresses readily available for her to grab.

Fran

o

ok, now i'm at a loss of what in the world this person wants with all these mgs!!! this is absolutely ridiculous!! i mean, that is acting like a uhhhh....druggie would act!! geez!! thank you fran!! and sue!! i wish there was a way gw could just filter these people out!! it makes it hard for other people, and newbies, i am so something or another, its like hey you don't have a rating, so please send first. and i send my link. i feel bad, but i don't want to be scammed.

o

medotdo, glad to add the info. as for what "she" is doing with all the MG seeds.
Couple of thoughts on that one.

selling them on Ebay comes to mind and she has been doing that one.

and there are people who grind up the seeds and use them for a drug high.

There are some forums that ban people by IP addy. By doing that the person can't rejoin unless they have, what I think is called, a roaming IP. then it will be different each time and they can just keep coming back.

All we can do is keep posting the info that we know and try and warn others about any person like this.

I remember the first time I was scammed with seeds. I was so upset and my daughter, who was in college at the time, reminded me that "they where just a bunch of stupid seeds and i should get over it and move on". She was right and the few times I've bee scammed, well it was just that, get over it, post the review and move on.

It's this kind of person that makes "getting over it" impossible. This is blatant out right planned theft, plain and simple. A well planned, well thought out pro of a scammer, using every trick in the book and more to scam people not just on this site, but all over the internet on any and all sites that she can get her hands on to get MG seeds and only MG seeds.

She is one scary person.

Fran

o

LMAO...I just read at Wikipedia, that some varieties have a laxative effect. Oh dear! Gotta run!............

o

OK, Sue, are you back from running. Maybe she has chronic pain issues on top of everything else. Those pain meds can really plug you up bad.

OH, that was really not nice. LOL

By the way, wonder if she has the right varieties for that

Fran

o

She responded to my MG offer under a new ID yesterday. I didn't realize it was her until someone kindly took the time to let me know who it probably was. She's contacted me numerous times in the past under a variety of user names. She's one sick puppy!
Karyn

o

Hi Karyn,

It was just a cold email wasn't it? No new member name involved...right?

I would love to get as many seedpods as allowed for my large empty backyard . I am new to gw, i can view postings, but for some reason cant respond. so I thought I would email you.
New my foot.....new like under which new name? She sure didn't privide it, did she?
Like I said b4...there is likely a very good reason for why she can't respond.

Sue

o

I wish she would just give up! She is a real pain in the rear and I am hoping eventually she will get the message she is not welcome here! I hope she does get the runs if that is what she is doing with them...lol...

o

This person sure has put a bad taste in my mouth, and I would just LOVE to contact the Iowa Police, and tell them she is trying to get a substance of concern in large quantities....

I have been emailing people left and right when I just THINK she is around again...I have never seen someone like this...BUT she really gets me angry...taking advantage of all of the wonderful people I have met here, and the newbies that dont know any better...

Maybe she will get soo much she will OD on it...ok, sorry that was mean...BUT....people like this take away the respect and honor of others.......

o

"I wish she would just give up! She is a real pain in the rear and I am hoping eventually she will get the message she is not welcome here! I hope she does get the runs if that is what she is doing with them...lol..."

OH I just love that statement. I'm just afraid this women is beyond understanding that she is not wanted here or anywhere, for that matter.

I honestly don't think she even understands that she is doing anything wrong either.

Talk about the energizer bunny that just keeps on going. She never stops, never gets it, never understands.

And keeps getting away with it time and time again.

Fran

o

well if she is using it for drugs, it would make sense that she'd sell them on ebay even as jmg. but you'd think she'd plant even 1/4 of them, cuz i tell ya, mine from last year are coming up, or i should say, talla's from last year are coming up, and i think these bad boy's are gonna be a real pain to get out of the spot!! i learned, put them on a twine!! LOL

o
hope they're not a drug dealer!!

well i just looked up the effects of it on google. gee, its amazing what ya can do with these. watch out kiddo's!! i hope she's not a drug dealer!! i mean they do say that teens are doing this, and i read a thing on it where the kids were doing it.
http://www.steadyhealth.com/effects_of_eating_morning_glory_seeds_t67305.html
so i just hope not!!
my mind gets to wondering to much!! small town thinking from living in the city to long!! LOL
although they do say something about weight loss. LOL icky!!! not that!! id' imagine that'd taste horrible though.

o

I agree Fran,I guess I just keep hoping maybe she will!

It does get your blood boiling though Kym,you are right!

Medo,it is hard to imagine putting one in your mouth let alone chewing it up! Yuck! Who would do this just to lose weight? People are insane sometimes!

She has posted elsewhere that this is not what she is doing with them,and gave the old 6 beds excuse,said she only had a cup of them...lol...a cup? My butt! Anyway,a cup of MG seeds is a heck of alot! I guess she isnt familiar with MG's,says it's her favorite flower,but apparently doesnt know jack about them! I hope she is growing them and plants them all...lol...

o

I'm glad someone emailed me with the info about her, including past IDs, that was much appreciated info. It burns me that someone would do this. And I worry about being confused with her, something I've discussed with Sue and Michele. I adore Morning Glories and have long fence lines that I want to cover with them, so generally, when I'm in the process of a trade, if I see they have a variety that I don't have yet, I ask for them as part of the trade. Those fences are really ugly! and on the other side of one set of them is a pit bull that has already EATEN three slats of the privacy fence in the back. And his owner STILL has not fixed it. My landlord is planning to in the next couple weeks. But I figured that with MGs on the line, and in profusion, then either the scent will be so strong he will have trouble smelling my Boston Terrier, or he'll eat through again and get a good dose of MG and perhaps learn his lesson.

Kathy

o

Kathy,alot of us collect MG's I have 36 different types I am growing under lights as we speak! This person is asking for all of them everywhere,not as part of a trade,but just expects them to be given to her. On top of that she is buying them from ebay,I doubt you have and I have collected together as many as she has.
And if you wanna teach that Pit a lesson,put a few hot pepper plants back there,if he has the nerve to try them once he wont try them again! More than likely he will just stay away,or maybe even think it's your little Boston that smells like that...lol...

o

Kathy, you have nothing to worry about.

Unless she changes her tactics, which I don't think she is capable of doing and obviously doesn't see anything wrong in what she does, this women doesn't ask for a trade. She is out to confiscate any all the morning glory seeds she can get her hands on.

I dealt with her once with her scam through a newbie that responded to one of my seed offers.
She conned the newbie into contacting me under the guise that she couldnt' repsond to my post.

My curiosity got me and I did e-mail her. Got crazy posts from her and absurd reasons why she was having trouble posting on GW.

anyways her request was very simple. "I want all the MG seeds you have on your list. I want every single one of them, so you can remove them from your trade page now and send them to me. I have lots of land to fill in and beds to plant them in,, so they will go to good use. send me your address and i'll get he envelope in the mail. Don't forget to take all those morning glory seeds off your trade list. They are mine now."

Never, in over 5 years of trading on GW, have I ever gotten that kind of response for seeds. I was just blown away by it.

She wanted close to 200 seed packets of MG, ones that where for trade and ones that where for SASBE. I responded with polite but blunt no way was I doing any of that and just ignored her further e-mails.

Several weeks later, I posted a new update of seeds for trade and SASBE. Low and behold she was posting on and again wanting all my MG seeds. I didn't respond to her posts and she finally e-mailed me through GW and sent me the exact same request as I quoted above.

I responded with polite but blunt words that I would not send her seeds under any circumstances and made it clear that I was on to her and what she was doing.

Long story short, under a new name that she registered with the same day, she posted a very negative rating for me, referring to the e-mail I sent her under her old name.

I was alerted by another member to the rating post and responded very kindly to her but very bluntly. with things like No idea who you are, never heard of you, never trade with you, never had any postings or e-mails from you and how could I have anything negative to say about you when you just registered today and posted this on the same day? and very boldly put Unless You Are Now Posting Under a New Name.

Eventually the rating from her was removed.

Kathy, you aren't doing anything like this women is and does. Don't worry about being mixed up with her.

By the way folks, I got her outed on another site with a new name. Got her last week.

Fran

o

What an excellent idea! I don't know why we didn't think about that! Of course the peppers would work! Thanks, Angie!!

Kathy

o

Your Welcome! ;)

o

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 25, 08 at 20:13

Anybody else besides me have her home phone #, or was that just a strange fluke from when she wanted my roses? Fran, you want to talk to her? lol.
Remy

o

LOL hmmmm are ya'll vicious woman!! LOL but she is a very scary person!!! very bold and too much nerve!!

o

Add very greedy,big liar and quite pathetic! Sorry,I dont like trashing people ,but this one gets under my skin!
Oh and Remy,I have been tempted to call her and ask her exactly what her malfunction is! If it werent for a potential lawsuit I would have already done it! :)

o
RE: The MG bandit!

Here Fran this one is for you...lol...these were the last words I said to her at another board!

RE: Glenda
Posted by: Agirlsgirl Posted on: 3/3/2008 2:21:15 PM
#R9948364
Glenda,you are off your rocker! What is a lie? I sent you my address when we made "trade" arrangments,you still sent nothing! None of this is lies,you my dear are the liar! I have friends that are so upset because theys sent you their end of the trade and you sent nothing and all you can come up with is lame excuses and self pity! I have done well over a 100 trades and owe nothing to anybody! It doesnt take a rocket scientist to trade seeds,I have traded with a 14 year old that was more responsible than you! I have found it easy to put seeds in an envelope and mail them,and news to you Glenda I have problems too! Everyone does,not just you! Oh and people at GW that you never sent to are now speaking out about it,answer this question for me please,what in the world makes you think you are so special that a whole bunch of people would be out to get you? Please we all have better things to do with our time and I wish I had never met you! All you do is cause problems wherever you go,no one wants you hanging around their boards! You can say this is all just someone out to get you,if that makes you feel better,but everyone around you knows that isnt true and you make yourself look more and more like a fool everytime you post! So do me a favor,please quit posting at GW,we do not want you there,you know I am well known there and have many friends there,they all know about you, you little evil troll of a woman!

o

Way to go Angie...I am soo glad someone spoke up to her..she wiped me out of my morning glory seeds, and this was when she just FIRST started all of this...and let me tell you, I hardly had anything to trade at the time, and it makes me MADE to think I was taken...I know some people say "it is just seeds" but to me it is the principle of it all !!!

I think there are SOO many generous and nice people on this site...it is a shame there are people like this in the world.

I think we should all stick together, and keep her from ripping off the newbies...

I hope she is reading all of this too ...and know we are ALL not going to allow you to ruin a good site !!

o

Angie, I love it.

All i did was forward the info and the list of user names to the moderator on the yahoo morning glory forum. She had just signed on with a new name, would you believe after ripping off people there under another name. Good old Glenda, one unreal lady.

Just checked today and she still has her post looking for seed trades up, but folks when I checked the member list, she isn't listed as a member anymore.

Hope you're reading this Glenda or what ever name you are using now.

GOTCHA AGAIN AND WE WILL CONTINUE TO GET YOU OUTED NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY TO FOOL US.

flwrs4ever, I still have plenty of MG seeds if you are looking for any. just e-mail me and i'll let you know what i have.

anyone else want mg seeds let me know.

Fran

o

Wow, I feel so lucky she hasn't contacted me !! I'm like some of you though I have around 40 different ones growing in little cups and containers right now. I love them ! My mom even bought me some unusual types this year. I hope I don't ever have to deal with her.

o

She really turned that board upside down and had the folks there skeptical of everyone! I don't want to see that happen here,if I can help it ,she won't! I am so glad this has come out and people are aware,for me this has been going on since before Christmas,and let me tell you I have seen it all with her! She has told some really horrible lies in order to get seeds,I will not repeat them,because they turn my stomach! I only wish everyone read this side of the board,don't count on her seeing it, conversation is not what she is after! Anyway,just keep your eyes open for her,she posts in her own way,either no capitals or all caps,although, she hasn't done all caps in awhile since someone yelled at her for it...lol..she is a poor speller and lousy with puncuation,Red Oak, Iowa is where she hails from and, she doesn't usually have much to say unless, she is flipping out on someone that has confronted her.Not much personality either. She has been posting using completely different given names lately because, she is aware that folks know her real one. User Id's are like the wind with her,she doesnt hesitate to change them,I think sometimes, just for the heck of it!

o

Wow! Wish I had seen this before I traded a bunch of morning glories to her. Shame on me for not checking out this thread before. I guess I will have to be much more careful about the people with whom I trade. And here I am telling my kids what a good addiction gardening was. :-(
Thanks for the warning, Ann

o

you have to wonder about some people, don't you? And you really have to wonder just what she is doing with all those seeds...she sounds like she has an addiction of some sort.

Linda

o

I don't think shes reading this and shes Diana this week.She contacted me and I didn't know all this when I answered her back.I recanted the trade the same day but I guess she ignored that e-mail.The mail today says thanks for the trade and she'll take all my mg and give me all her yellow ones.I'm assuming she won't send her end and I'm not either.I'm not bothering to mail her back either.Debbie

o

I wouldnt Debbie,I wish I had the yellow ones you are looking for,I would send them to you so you wouldnt have to be bothered by her. She does send her end sometimes,just not all the time.She claims people wont give her their address and that's why she doesnt send...lol...PLEASE!
Ann if I had known she was contacting you,I would have let you know immediately,but since she is contacting privately,there is no way for me to know who she is conatcting. This is why she is doing it this way,she knows people will be told about her and that her real name has already been passed around like candy. She even told one board her name was Katie...lol..than said it was her middle name,another lie,it isnt. She is some piece of work! I couldnt imagine spending this much time thinking of ways to get around people to get to the "goods",like someone else said,if she would put this energy toward some good,she could really make a difference some where!

o

Debbie, I have a few seeds left of Ipomoea hederifolia var. lutea, are those the ones you were looking for?

o

Wow! this woman is really a piece of work, isn't she?

Amazing.

Kathy

o

"work" is not the four letter word I would choose for her! :)

o

geez angie!! remind me to stay on your good side!! :')) LOL
i am so glad i don't have alot of them seeds up on my list!!
it has to be a drug thing then, if she is going thru all that trouble and lying and thinks people are out to get her. i've been reading up on it. "some" ya know, i have kids, and i want to be aware of the things they can be likely to do when they get older, (which reminds me, the new thing is ectasy laced with meth, so beware of that!! grant- my hubby gets the newsletters about the new drugs,) and so, its off collar, so i want to be up to some sort of date on them, especially since i have these seeds!! like the belladonna seeds. and others we have. i like to have them but am very careful to make sure they are in a safe place!! and my neighbor knows that what's poisonous so if she see's anyone by them, ar such, it will have a fence around it, she watches our yard all the time, she's elderly and her hubby is out in the garden all the time! LOL very protective of our little area's in our little town!! LOL that's one thing i love about living in a tiny town!! LOL

o

lol...Michele,very few people bring that side out of me,I could have accepted her ripping me off,but when I hear she is doing this to a bunch of people and some of them being my friends the lioness comes out! ;)

It is great that you keep yourself aware of what is the "in" way to kill yourself now a days,but I do seriously doubt your kids would fall into something like that. They are well loved,supported and know they can come to you with anything.I know anyone could fall into this sort of thing,but a loving family does make a difference. I talk about it all the time with my daughter,she is 15, and ask her what she thinks of all of this,she thinks it is stupid and tells me,"Dont worry Mom I want to live to be 20"...lol..Thank Goodness! :) I just hope she keeps that attitude! My son is 6 so we havent had the talk yet,but he already knows smoking is bad (which he gets on me all the time about) and kids dont drink beer...lol..

I am so glad to hear you have such good neighbors,mine are the reason I am putting up a fence this year,we decided to stay here for a few more years and I am not losing any of my new babies to their kids and their feet anymore!

o

It's sad that there are people out there (and here on GW) that feel the need to cheat others to get what they want. The people who are posting on this thread are obviously the "good guys" (yes, medo, even you!) LOL Let's just chalk it up to a bad apple but don't let's spoil this great community! I have "met" some fabulous people here who are kind and supportive and I wouldn't want to lose that. Angie, can I send my 11 year old "adult" to you? She thinks she knows it all, maybe you can put some sense in her little noggin!
Thanks, Ann

o

Wed, Mar 26, 08 at 19:45

Wow Angie, you really blasted her! You sure you don't want to call her? LOL.

FYI for traders in general that may be reading this thread-
I was one of the few people to get my trade from her. I was offering roses. She emailed me a few times in one day with caps on too. I got a funny feeling either she was an overexcited newbie or a scam artist. So I told her she must send first with a DC#(delivery confirmation number), because she was new and had no rating. I said sorry that I'm acting paranoid but there are scam artists out there. and I will not send my plants out first.
Now if it had been for unusual seeds like JMGs, I would of told her that I would wait for her pkg. to arrive before I would send mine.
So pretty much I'm saying follow your gut, and don't be afraid to tell people things like the examples I gave.
Remy

o

Wed, Mar 26, 08 at 20:06

Oh I forgot another trading thing I do!
When I start an exchange thread. I ask that people reply to the thread because I don't always get GW email which is true, but also if a scammer replies, others will see it and email warnings. And if people don't follow the instructions and just email me direct, I'm under no obligation to respond back to them.
Remy

o

When I start an exchange thread. I ask that people reply to the thread because I don't always get GW email which is true, but also if a scammer replies, others will see it and email warnings.
me too...I always ask that they be sure and post to the thread, even if it just to say that they are emailing me. I 'do' understand some folks not wanting to mention anything special' they might have put aside for something 'special' they are looking for.
If they don't reply to the thread (accidentally or otherwise) I copy and paste their name and something brief in the thread. It just helps me so much to have all the responder in one place in the order they responded. I am easily overwhelmed...what with all the GW emails I get.

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 26, 08 at 20:17

gee, ya think she could actually PLANT a few of them and they'll give her more seeds....

o

LOL@dois1...good point!

o

A little off subject here,sorry, but Remy, are those Campanula carpatica 07 that you have by any chance the Blue Clips? I've been really wanting those and would give anything, even several things not listed on my trade list if it's the blue ones! *batting lashes* :)

Angie, way to go! And I'm really glad you my friend :P
Kathy

o

Ann send her on over...lol..I'll have the talk with her...lol..it is amazing how grown up they are at 11 isnt it? I remember 11 and I was not nearly as mature as some of the 8 year olds I know! I remember my daughters kindergarten teacher telling me that she was a very independent minded child,but not to worry because that is where our leaders come from,so Ann, sounds like you are raising a leader! ;)

Remy I would LOVE to call her or tell her face to face,but unfortunately that is considered stalking...lol..you have good intuition,I am sure this isnt the first time it has steered you in the right direction! And you are so right about asking them to post. I did that on my seeds for SASE thread at ws,I posted that I would not be responding to any emails unless the person,included their user name and posted. It went well in that manner,but most of them never sent their envy or I received it a month later! The only thing that keeps me from doing away with SASE offers all together is the fact,some oldies may want something I am offering,otherwise I would stick to my usual and be the one to contact newbies,of my choice,and offer them seeds.

Sue,before I became stuck on them posting,I would post something to the effect of,"SoandSo,I got your email and sent one back to you!" I agree,it is best to have them all on the thread. Even if they post ,"sending you an email" that is good enough for me! It is understandable,they may not want to post all the details,if they only have a small amount of something,they may not want all of GW and then some, to know about it,I have done this myself.

Doris,I hope she plants every seed she gets...lol...picture that! She thinks she needs all those seeds to fill 6 beds,imagine the MG jungle she will have to deal with! Maybe she will get entangled in it and we wont have to worry about her anymore...lol..All I can hope is that someone slipped in a few bindweed seeds in there...lol..

o

It went well in that manner,but most of them never sent their envy or I received it a month later!
A member told me 1 1/2 weeks ago she was putting her sasbe in the mail. Well, it wasn't here this AM...12 days later, so since I wasn't looking for a bunch of sasbe I emailed her. She said she had mailed it and offered to mail another one.
Low and Behold, it arrived in this afternoons mail...Just 12 days to get from KY up to southern Indiana. From here on out, I will certainly understand if they are slow to show up. It is possibly through no fault of the sender.

Sue...on another PO rant

my this thread has gotten long.............

o

Well some of them still havent arrived and I cant remember when I offered the seeds,but about 1/2 of them still havent made it,so I doubt they are coming. I hope not becuase I can only gaurantee certain seeds now.

Yes this side has been full of life lately,more than just ,what was it? the 5 of us?...lol...

o

Gah! I can't understand why folks won't send their BEs for SASBE offers! Personally, I've jumped right on several of those! It's like getting a Christmas present! And Angie, I personally was very pleased to get your seeds! I keep eyeing Sue's trade list, but I know she's not really trading at the moment :P But I've been really good lately.. I've only arranged five trades in the last two weeks and sent one SASBE for some MGs and Iris and such :) Does that mean I'm beating the addiction? HELP! LOL! I don't wanna go straight!!! Okay, so I did put up another post looking for shady stuff, so I'm probably not very far along the road to recovery... I'm seriously about to stick "Hi, I'm Kathy and I'm a seed addict" on my blurb :)

Kathy

o

No you arent beating the addiction,you are just going to binge trade now...lol...

o

man i was going to trade alot, then i found my stamps knocked on the floor, and i seen how many i had left, geez mommy's day HAS to come soon!! so i can get some stamps!! that's all i ask for for times like that!! LOL i'm almost out!! ahhhhhh "medo freaking!!!" at least i have the computer!!! LOL **clutching it tightly** LOL **big grinn** befor i started keeping track, i don't really know how many times i haven't gotten my seeds, except one lady was supposed to send me some holy basil, she wanted some kinda seeds and didn't have anything really, but i just didn't want to "give them away" i wanted something, to try. i never did get them. and then this sonja jam person. i wasted money on her!!! i wasn't hapy about that one at all!! them was plants and seeds. i finally got rid of her email and all. ya, if she just planted the seeds they'd more then grow!! talla's are growing already from last year!! so gee, 20 or so, throw them out in the yard, next year she'd have soooo many she wouldn;t know what to do with, and if she really does have twins, well they can help her clean them!!
talla helps me!

o

I keep eyeing Sue's trade list, but I know she's not really trading at the moment
Sue who? Me?...if so, drop me an email with what interests you. Just remember...I may not be good, but I'm slow. So you can't say I didn't warn ya!

Take a number....
Sue

o

Hi Sue and all
I just read this thread and I'm confused. Maybe I'm too old to understand what morning glory's can be used for instead of just enjoying the pretty flowers, :) Luckily I haven't been approached by this person you're all discussing, and I've been really lucky with my trading for the past 7 years. Somebody please email me privately and tell me what mg's can be used for instead of just growing. Sue...you are doing a great job on the heads up for newbies, I see so many newbies coming to the different forums. Have a great day ladies and happy gardening.
Alberta
feeling really old and dumb.

o

Angie, LOL, I think so, about three weeks ago I sent out 10 trades in one day :)

Sue, I will certainly get an email to you. :)

Ann, I saw that post too and wondered. Don't feel bad about it. I haven't gotten an email from them, but I just kinda got that feel for their post.

Hi Alberta! I'm Kathy and I'm a seed addict! :) Well, MG seed can be used as a hallucinogenic. I think it's suppose to be like a LSD high. Another popular theory is that she's reselling them on ebay.

Kathy

o

Maybe I'm too old to understand what morning glory's can be used for instead of just enjoying the pretty flowers, :)
Alberta, check out the cultivation and recreational use of MG at the link below.

I see so many newbies coming to the different forums.
I know...they seem to be coming out of the woodwork...a good thing? Sure...more folks for the enablers here to get addicted to seed collecting/trading/growing/sharing. I am trying to put together some 'canned' messages that can be inserted in newbie threads, covering several things. Maybe in time, I can see about getting/making them a part of the FAQ.

Sue, I will certainly get an email to you. :)
Kathy, might you have meant Alberta?

Sue...rbb

Here is a link that might be useful: MG at Wikipedia

o

LOL! No, Sue, I'm gonna email you with a trade proposal!

Kathy

o
RE: duh............

Not enough coffee yet I 'spect.

o

my question is..if you've jumped on the computer to check out the seed website BEFORE you've even checked your email or had your tea....are you addicted??..."typing with trembling fingers"....

o

I am now a full blown "binge trader" I dont do many for awhile and thean I just go nuts...lol...I have been behaving though,because I intend on planting all of these and already have a bunch sitting here waiting for me to get to them,and a whole lot,(thanks to 2 of our top enablers),that I still need to go through,look up and log into my book!I am hoping to behave myself until fall...lol..we will see about that!

o

Sue aka rbb, (I love it,LOL) thanks for that link, now I can understand what's going on. I had no idea they were hallucinigenic (sp). Oh well, even though I was a part of the LSD era, it was never my cup of tea.

Kathy...Hi,I'm a seed addict too. I've got seeds winter sowing, indoor sowing, seeds all over the damn place, LOL.

I have quite a few morning glory's but haven't sown them for some time cause they are like weeds. The people behind me took down some trees a week or so ago, which now will give me more sun, so its morning glory time. My favorites are the Heavenly Blues, that blue color is just stunning!!
Happy Gardening all.
Hey Angie, did you get my email regarding the brug seeds?
Alberta

o

Hi Alberta! I just sent you a reply! :)

o

whoa angie, brugs?? same ones i have?? oh man!!if not, i want!! **big smile** i love brugs! but i never grew them yet!! LOL pathetic person i am!!! LOL
ya alberta!! I know the feeling, on my porch, my diningroom/reckroom as tabor calls it!! LOL kitchen, outside, man in my dreams even!! LOL and in baggies too!! LOL they are just e v e r y w h e r e!!!! LOL and the seeds are in the fridge!! LOL do ya know we took some of the soil/seeds out of the freezer, and i had some plants growing in there, i didn't even know it, probably still would have if it didn't run out of water, LOL the top half of my freezer apparently doesn't work, but the bottom half works great!! LOL funny how that works!! :')) LOL

o

Thu, Mar 27, 08 at 22:55

Oh my goodness there's been a lot of post on this thread since yesterday! I'm too tired to read through them all, but I did catch Kathy's question : )

Kathy,
I'm too tired to go look, lol, but I think they are Blue Clips and if not look like them because I remember the photo. I also have C. rotundifolia and C. latifolia which are excellent bluebells too. I sound like a pusher, lol.
Send me an email,
Remy

o

Oh Medo you know if I had I would share! :D
Alberta and I have been comparing notes on our progress,no brug trading going on...lol...I only have what you already have,but you know if I come up with any new ones I will let you know!;)

Remy keep pushing the Camps...everyone should have them! :D

o

Oh, I'm sending Remy an email RIGHT now! I want those Blue clips soooooo badly! My favorite author, Christine Feehan, mentions them often in her Dark Series books where the people are from the Carpathian mountains! I actually RPG (Role playing game) a fan based character. RPG online in the group I play with is more like co-operative creative writing. Myself and my best friend have both really wanted these for a while!

Kathy

o

i read about the carpathian mountains in "the left behind series" i used to love reading them!! but i havent seen a new one in ages!! :'((

o

WooHoo! Remy is one of my new bestest buddies!!!! I am so excited about those Blue Clips! Thanks Remy!

Kathy

o

Hello, I guess I'm a newbie (started this year) and I posted a line for morning glories (and other seeds) available for trade the other day and lo and behold, today on my blog (used as gardening journal with link included in my profile), this comment popped up:

HI, I THINK YOUR FLOWERS ARE JUST BEAUTIFUL. IM NOT SHOUTING AT YOU. MY COMPUTER HAS SO SMALL TYPE I CANT READ IT.HOW DO YOU GROW LAVENDER????I HAVE NEVER GROWN IT.I READ YOUR SEED SASE OFFER ON GARDENWEB. I AM A MEMBER/GRAUEMILL/GLENDA.FOR SOME REASON I AM UNABLE TO RESPOND TO GW POSTINGS. I SEE ANOTHER MEMBER IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AS ME. I WOULD LIKE TO RESPOND TO YOUR SASE OFFER FROM GW. WHAT IS LEFT OF THE MORNING GLORY SEED,SUNFLOWER SEEDS,MAGENTA 4 OCLOCK,FORGETMENOT BLUEBIRD, POPCORN-RED,YELLOW/BLUE,PINK, AND CREAM MIX?? HOW MUCH SEED IS ONE ALLOWED TO HAVE?I WOULD NEED YOUR ADDRESS TO SEND A LARGE OR WHATEVER SIZE YOU WOULD SAY SASBE ON APRIL 2-08. I LIVE IN RED OAK, IOWA IN A 80 YR OLD HOUSE THAT SITS ON 2 DOUBLE LOTS WITH A HUGE BACKYARD. YOU CAN EMAIL ME GLENDAMCCULLEY@GMAIL,COM. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON. I CAN SEND YOU ALOT OF MY 2007 FLOWER SEED MIX FROM ALL MY GARDEN FLOWERS FROM LAST YEAR. NO INVASIVE FLOWERS IN IT. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE IT. SINCERELY,GLENDA

Having had some experiences with strange typing styles and even stranger people online, I decided that she sounded "off" and so did a search on "Glenda" in the seed exchange forum and stumbled across this thread.

I assume that the comment made in my blog is made by the lady in question?

o

The one and only! If you choose to trade with her I would advise that you receive first,don't send her a thing until you have her end in hand! Glad to see that this thread has been useful! :)

o

How utterly amazing that she'd still at it! I'm glad that this thread has come in useful as well. Just be careful, as Angie says. From what I can tell, she's really bad news.

Kathy

o

From another trader who's been keeping track of this fiend: If you DO trade with her - beware her "flower seed mix" or "Amish seed mix" - you can see on several other sites where she has begged/scammed folks out of any of their OLD flower seeds. We're talking several years old seeds.

o

Am I bad or what? I just posted an offer for a newbie who wants some Morning Glory seeds...LMAO

one BEAP offer for morning glories for one Mar/Apr newbie

(BEAP=Bubble Envelope and postage)

o

Sue,

not bad, just hysterical. wonder what our "pal" will do with this wonderful offer.

Fran

o

not bad, just hysterical. wonder what our "pal" will do with this wonderful offer.
I half way expect to get a private email from her. Did you get my recent email I sent you (today)concerning the private (non GW) email I rec from her earlier today?

She recently responded to an asase offer by emailing the member privately (since for some silly reason she could not post to the thread) and told the offering member that she was the first to respond, and then tried to argue about it. Sheesh...

o
RE: no reply yet to my thread

I envision newbies frantically trying to figure who to get an email link on their member page...and frantically filling out a wish list...complete with MG on it.

What do you think?

My next offer will have an additional requirement of having a blurb on their member page. Possibly other members offering seeds for postage could add some 'requirements' also to their Posts.

I plan to do more, but each one will be for just one newbie...so I can keep them 'recent' to be found and encourage other newbies to be ready for the next one.

o

Sue, You gave me a good laugh with the post, and I just HAD to click on it to see if *said person* responded...and wow, why would you only post for one person ?? I think you should of saved them for her...*snicker*

Hmmm, maybe we should ALL post MG seeds...LOL

o
RE: and still no reply there yet..........

Hmmm, maybe we should ALL post MG seeds...LOL
Not a bad idea...especially if they are for newbies. She is a perpetual newbie as she joins at least once a month it seems with a new name...but for some reason cannot post....

Sheesh...where are all of the newbies in 'need of some seed?

o
RE: Beware of anyone emailing you privately for MG seeds again

Sue, I didn't get an e-mail from you, but got one from angie and peggy with ehr
"new name of the month".

Hey I like that one "new name of the month".

Anyways, she will be flushed out this week, maybe. I will post a new seed trade thread and it will have MG seeds on it.

On the other hand, she's gone after me for MG seeds twice already, and got one long e-mail from me including the words NO in it.

Then she posted a negatvie rating on me using her new "name of the month" id and I zapped her with that rating and it was removed.

So we will see what she tries with me this time if anything.

Fran

o

hey sue, i gave a lady from gardenhere, your email, she's trying to get the whole dennis/glenda thing done, or whatever ya call it, my mind just went blank!! washer/dryer problems!! LOL anyhow she got some people there and they are trying to get their email or whatever stopped from being there. ok not making sense. but you get the drift. LOL and she'll explain, if she hasn't already, LOL and i thought heck ya if everyone gets together of all these garden places and puts the info into place so they can block her and him!! i explained what happend to me when he couldn't get my mg's, and her new tactics. grant (my hubby) says she has to be a doper!!

o

I had thought the same thing...Lets all post threads offering MG's,I have a few Heavenly Blues and some mixes I have extras of,wouldn't mind sharing with a newbie,and definitely wouldn't mind getting under her skin a little...lol...I swear I am not this rotten,it takes a lot to get me this way!:)
Fran, I think like me ,you are forever safe from her,I seriously doubt she will ever approach you for seeds again! Ya-Hoo!
Medo,I seen your post on ws ,I am glad you figured out what those beautiful purple seedlings are and very glad you shared some of those beans with me! ;)

o

awesome!! :')) i knew you would!! HEE HEE LOL

o

I think I have also got an email from this person requesting seeds for sase. I only had one kind of MG left and offered her it and other flower seeds I had but she didn't respond. Maybe she already has enough by now.

o

Maybe she already has enough by now.

That is highly unlikely! She evidently does not know how MGs grow, or she is 'using' them for another purpose....IMHO

She also has LOTS of OLD seeds as the asked for OLD seeds at other sites explaining that she had 6 empty beds. Sheesh...she has got to be doing something with all of the free seeds she has rec from so many places...along with the 2400 MG seeds bought on ebay.

o

Boy you got lucky,but your still not out of the water,it seems sometimes she emails so many people at the same time, she forgets some of them until she runs across it again, you might get an email out of the blue down the line. She never is going to have enough,she is still rejoining sites under different names! The new one she is using here is being used at least one other site that I know of for sure,I heard there was a second,but I cant say for sure on that,I am sure there are more. Oh well,I will keep my fingers crossed that maybe she lost your email! ;)

o

I just emailed her earlier this morning asking her if she still wanted the seeds. That was before I found her screen name on the rate and review forum and realized what she has been doing.

o

Woohoo! It is so good to know that some 'information threads', such as this, and the Rate and Review forum is making a difference in the Seed Trading/Sharing world.

I do have to admit though, that the abusers are pretty far and few between. She really does take the cake though in that she just does not show any sign of giving up in her quest for even more MG. What I find particularly strange, is that by now she has tons of different varieties, yet she wants more and more MGs regardless of the variety...name or no name...she wants them, and wants all of them if she can take them off anyone's hands.

Boy you got lucky,but your still not out of the water,it seems sometimes she emails so many people at the same time, she forgets some of them until she runs across it again, you might get an email out of the blue down the line.
LMAO...yeah...or you might get 3 or more emails on down the line...maybe all saying the same thing. She tends to not keep track of her emails in her quest for even more MGs.

Sue... resident busy body

o

I agree that all of our ranting has done some good...lol...

Nope! No giving up on the quest for her,she always wants more. She is determined,just not very organized! (Thank goodness!)

o

ok, she has a NEW name this week...UGH !

Not sure if it is ok to post it here ? SUE ? is it ok ?

This is one that people wouldnt pick up on...she sure is a peice of work...

o
RE: ok old news

Sorry, I see that it is posted on the rate and review..I just was behind I guess...

o

ok, she has a NEW name this week...UGH !

Not sure if it is ok to post it here ? SUE ? is it ok ?
Why you asking me anyway?...You think I'm the resident busy body or what?...LMAO...

Actually, no, I think it would not ever be wise to name any member names in a negative sort of way, anywhere other than the Rate and Review Forum....and then only if one had actually had a good or bad transaction with her/him. This case however is quite different as she has some actual bad reviews, and the additional posting of the many new names she has had, is just a heads up to everyone that she has once again reinvented herself...in her quest yet for even more MGs.

I see that it is posted on the rate and review..I just was behind I guess...
Yes...about 4 1/2 days. I posted it late Sun night/very early Mon AM.

I agree...she picked a more unique name this time....but some super sleuth Nancy Drew type unearthed her...once again. Way to go Super Sleuth!

o

Yes, SUE...you have the leadership award..LOL I just didnt want to do anything wrong...im glad you have it posted, and thanks to the person that found it...

Sure does keep us busy..LOL

o

Can someone please email me privately with a list of the IDs/names she's been known to use here and on other sites? Someone did at one time, but I can't see to find it. I know they're listed in the rate and review, but I can't find them without at least one to do a search with. :( This time I'm gonna print the blessed list out to keep near my PC.

Thanks!

o

Sue, don't know what we would do without you.

Now if only we could all put our heads together and figure out a way to stop this insanity with "our friend".

Fran

o

I know this is wicked and mean... but I keep imagining what it would be like if someone sent her a nice, big bag of poison ivy leaves...

Kate

o

Kate you're more mean than I am, I was thinking a seed baggie of chipped peppercorns..

Someone mailed me a VERY comprehensive list. My thanks to the one that did so. That list was WAY longer than I'd figured it would be. That woman has definitely been around and working lots of sites and people. My goodness.. doesn't she have a job, or a family? I barely have time to keep up here just on GW! And we can tell, with that many names and emails, that she's obviously not planting them! When would she have the time to plant and nurture them?

Kathy

Kathy

o

Sun, Apr 6, 08 at 20:13

Kate,
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Remy

o

Kathy that is a good one. I'm think they are getting ground into dust and used for "medicinal purposes".

Fran

o

I say this is a great Idea . I saw posted by Flowers did not get your whole name....... turn her in.
This person sure has put a bad taste in my mouth, and I would just LOVE to contact the Iowa Police, and tell them she is trying to get a substance of concern in large quantities....
I have been emailing people left and right when I just THINK she is around again...I have never seen someone like this...BUT she really gets me angry...taking advantage of all of the wonderful people I have met here, and the newbies that dont know any better...

Maybe she will get soo much she will OD on it...ok, sorry that was mean...BUT....people like this take away the respect and honor of others.......

o

Anyone else get an email warning you about this thread? I posted a few comments here but certainly nothing unpleasant and I got one. Just didn't think it was fair. :-(

o

kmp,

No warning here....Did you email them to ask why...or just what the violation was? Maybe they can provide specifics if you ask. Did you by any chance mention her member name here?

Thank goodness for the Rate and Review Forum, to keep her aliases all in one place.

o

Sue: I didn't email back, the comment was along the lines of the fact that this conversation should be in a more private forum. My comments were more that it was a shame that anyone was tearing the GW community apart by acting this way and that it was causing me to second guess myself about people. As my mom always said "No good deed goes unpunished!"
Thanks Ann

o

I saw the note Ann got, it really seemed to be unwarrented to me. I know several of us have gotten more to the point regarding this person than Ann did. Down to and including Angie posting excerpts from a post from another site with her and the lady who posted something Glenda had posted on her garden journal. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with those, I see them more as a public service posting to highlight the kind of individual we're dealing with here, but they were more 'confrontational' than Ann's. And even the one I did that mentioned the idea of sending her chipped peppercorns was more mean spirited.

I'm sorry for not replying to you Ann, I was really rather shocked that your comment had brought such a reprimand. Makes one wonder if the person that gave rise to this thread has ever gotten a warning for her behavior and greed and possibly addiction.

Kathy

o

Kathy,
Thanks for your kind words. Wasn't trying to whine, but it's nice to know who one's friends are!
Let's trade again soon!
Cheers, Ann

o

Ann, I am sorry they singled you out..and I think if they understood the MAGNITUDE of this situation, they wouldnt be complaining. I normally wouldnt post about someone that just did it once or twice. We are ALL your friends ANN..

PJ, welcome to GW, I am SOO glad to see you...I have truly missed you ! Maybe we can keep up with each other here ? I had trouble with my emial account and it erased ALL of my info...the ladies here all know how upset I was..and I havent had a way to contact you.

Ok, back to the thread...I hope that the authorities that be here on GW will understand how bad of a situation this is, maybe they would contact one of us, so they can see the magnitude of this ??

o

Thanks flwrs4ever! That's the side of GW that I love!

o

well i do know of a lady thru another group i am in on a hummingbird group, and she is trying her hardest to keep glenda out!! she has seen the damage she has done, and the only person i could put her in touch with was sue, i told her she has the info!! i also told her it would be smart if all of the garden people (head of them with the info on her)got together and put their info in so they'd have alll the info on her and could be on the look out. i do not like that there are people out there scamming anyone, whether they are scammers too. ya know!! ok i think i'm done!! its been crazy here, sick kiddo and hubby, so i haven't been able to blab much!!
its nice to see a new face!! welcome!! :')) hugs, medo

o

She has a new name this week !

o

Is it here at GW? Do we need to add it to one of the review threads with all of her aliases?...or was it just at another site?

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Don't forget our great Rate and Revire Forum

o

Oh my goodness! You would think she'd quit after getting busted out so many times! Kym, or whome ever has it, please send me the new name via email. A GW Buddy (THANK YOU!)very kindly sent me a very comprehensive list of names and emails from all over the 'Net. I'd like to add this one to it.

Kathy

o

hey Kathy!! ummmmm i'd like that name please :')) this is crazy freaky!!! why the names all the time?? this is sooo nuts!! my goodneesss!! ps may i have the very comprehensive list too?? LOL

o

Hi Sue, I just posted the new names that I am aware of on the rate and review thread...I just wanted to make sure everyone knew she is still at it...

o

Morning glory woman just struck again...having the member send seeds twice, claiming the first ones never arrived, and then she never sent her end. She referred to herself this time as sweet German girl....sheesh. I don't know if the member who was scammed ever 'caught' her member name and don't know if she then did a Rate and review search on her....but I doubt if she did.

Sue...rbb

Here is a link that might be useful: remember to check the Rate and Review forum b4 trading

o

man sue, you are good!! how do you always know all of this?? i almost always know if i come over here i can see you posting something informative!! :')) and very interesting!! if she'd only have planted some of them, she'd have some of them coming up by now, mine were til tabor started his medievil garden and tilled. and suni's are coming up. so i know glenda's would be coming up by now!! geez!!!

o

This woman is just one huge nightmare that is never going to end.

She's one sick lady, that's for sure.

Fran

o

Sue knows ALL and hears ALL - she may be the RBB, but she looks out for all of us! Thanks Sue!

o

yes!! thank you sue! :')) i was never so glad as when the envi thing was fixed! "stamps" i should say!! i can't believe sue did that!! man that is still unbelievable!! dang kids tryd to take over my pc!! LOL bad part is, she's 5!!! LOL

o

man sue, you are good!! how do you always know all of this??
I'm not good...but rather my informants are good, so I must give credit where credit is due.
I check the Rate & Review frequently, noting an occasional bad review (and saving it to a folder on my computer), and watch for member names maybe not being included in the review or the name being spelled wrong...or a new review thread when there was already an existing review...yada, yada, yada...all just busy body type things.
.......and we won't even go into the postage thing and it being fixed...or not being fixed...sigh.

Have a great day all. I'm playing outside all day today, and a friend is coming to go mushroom hunting, and I'm goiung to be wild flower hunting and hope to snap a lot of pics along the way.

o

Hello all,

Just been reading some posts on MG's and got to this one. I usually by my stuff from ebay, I don't normally trade since I don't have a bunch of stuff. Can someone let me know what her ebay id is so that I don't run into a problem. I haven't bought any MG's yet, cause I am trying to figure out what ones I would like to have. I have the blue one that you see growing all over the place and think it is just beautiful. In case you want to check my ebay purchases before you let me know I am geosdee.

Thanks,

Dee

o

Hi Dee,

Can someone let me know what her ebay id is
It might be best to not mention that here...too much info will cause a post and then sometimes a whole thread to be pulled.

If you set up an email link on your member page, maybe someone will then send you an email with all the info.

To set up your email link, just go to the bottom on any page here, and click on Member Pages
Then click on Edit your Personal Information, Page, and Preferences
You will then probably be asked to login in again.
Then check the box Allow other users to send you email via forms at our site.

That will place a link on your member page, making it handy for members (potential traders) to reach you in the future..

Sue

o

• Posted by geosdee Zone 8 FL Panhandle (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 28, 08 at 21:51

Hi Sue,

I appreciate the fact of not including specifics on the subject here. I didn't know that my email was not showing. I have gone in and updated my profile. Hopefully someone will give advise. I and currently watching some MG seeds and want to make sure of whom I am bidding from, even though you check their feedback, sometimes you just don't know.

Thanks, Dee

o

Dee I sent you an email...Angie

o

• Posted by geosdee Zone 8 FL Panhandle (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 29, 08 at 8:19

Got it.

Thanks Angie

Dee

o

I just received a weird e-mail today. I am going to forward it to you Sue, OK? Thanks - Sharon

o

Ok...Sharon. I got it and replied b4 seeing this...I asked your member name...but now I know, and will add it to my email book.

In case anyone is interested, it wasn't from MG woman, but instead someone wanting plants, and houseplants...not just seeds. My suggestion was to either ignore the email, or else point her to the Seed Exchange and reply to the 'offers' of SASE, SASBE, or free.

Sue

o

Sue: I had the same email and told that person (whomever it was since they didn't show a GW name) that they should post on the seed exchange but that I wasn't doing blind requests. Something's in the air...LOL Ann

o

I got the mail too!I just deleted it myself.Debbie

o

Ann, and Debbie,

If you do a search of the email addy, you will see the member name, as she included her email addy in 2 posts....in case you are curious. There's only 2 posts (made in 2007) where she was looking for some things....and nothing on her Member Trade list, and no email link on her member page. Her page does not come up on a member name search either, so I reported it...via the contact link.

Sue...rbb

o

Hi, I e-mailed her back and asked for her G-web name and she said it was flowerlady_2008, and she is in the State of MA. - Sharon

o

Sharon,

She is mistaken, as that email addy does not go with that name...like I said...do a search of that email addy, and include all forums and you will see a thread where a member gives that addy as theirs. If you click on that member page, there is no email link.
click on See MY Journal
click on send so-and-so an email
and then you will see that that addy goes with that member name. She has chosen to show the addy to members, but has not checked the box to receive emails via GW.

Under the circumstances, maybe it would be best if we did not make any mention of member names here. It could get a reply pulled....especially since it is not MG woman

Sue

o

There is no one in the Members list with the name of flowerlady_2008

o

Sorry, My bad! Not only after I posted did I think to myself that I shoud not have offered up that info to the public. I am sorry, will do my best to use better judgement next time. I don't want to get in trouble with the powers that be. - Sharon

o

• Posted by michi81 Miami, FL Zone 10 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 27, 08 at 23:35

I am new to this whole forum thing but man! there is always someone that ruins something so clean, sane and honest. People will always think of ways to make money on the side. Just know in your hearts that you are doing a good thing for the others that truely love this site and are getting the garden HIGH we all crave lol..Best of luck to all! I will keep an eye out. Good thing my morning glory started out as a cutting and is enormous and I do not have seeds!! ha ha ..

Here is a link that might be useful: White Morning Glory

o

Quoted from Sue:

"Morning glory woman just struck again...having the member send seeds twice, claiming the first ones never arrived, and then she never sent her end. She referred to herself this time as sweet German girl....sheesh. I don't know if the member who was scammed ever 'caught' her member name and don't know if she then did a Rate and review search on her....but I doubt if she did."

Yep that would have been me, I was in a hurry (running around keeping up with my granddaughter) and she got me...snake bite me once I learned my lesson, it WON'T happen again...Thanks to Sue!!!! I'm guessing that "Glenda" is now the Wicked Witch of Gardenweb...lol

o

oh hon, she is the "wicked witch" of many garden places!! unfortunately!! its always safe to look up that name, i'm learning, now i ask a well informed person. LOL and i'm starting to keep well kept records. well....when i start doing seeds again, LOL sorry she got you. i'm just so afraid of what she's doing with them. i know i shouldn't be, but if she's a doper, and with THAT much of these seeds, ya'll know where i'm going with this, so i'm just afraid of the people that's getting these, and what if these are being mixed in with something else. i'm no chemist but could the effect be bad??? and what if its on kids?? it scares the heck outta me!!!! ~Medo

o

I know what you mean Medo, I'm raising my 6 year old granddaughter and daily I'm scared out of my wits!!! I just don't understand these types of people, it's beyond me! *shakes head*

I think I'll only trade with the good people on here that I have traded with many times and those that have good R&R's (I'll take the time to check from now on by good golly!!!) to cut out the risk of anything like this ever happening again.

o

Well, all, this is getting to be like living smack in the middle of that old movie Groundhog Day.

The infamous MG lady strikes again. Sorry roxy girl, that she got you this time.

She boggles the mind, and that she continues to return here with many of us watching out for her just blows the mind.

I don't know if any of you saw new reports this past late winter and early spring, but there where many, many reports about teens and their purchase of MG seeds at local hardware stores and nurseries.
Teens buying 30, 40 and 50 packet of morning glory seeds. We all know they where up to no good with those purchases.

Even in the local, but quite large, hardware store it happened in my home town.

Luckily, the store manager and some very smart cashiers "smelled a rat". 4 local teens came in and each tried to purchase at least 40 packets of various morning glory seeds. All went to a different register and tried to pay for them.

They called the store manager who wouldn't allow the purchase of any of them, detained the kids and the police where called. Sure enough, the kids where well known drug users.

I have heard talk that it will be more difficult in the next year or so to purchase morning glory seeds, don't know if it is true, time will tell.

If that where to happen, then our MG lady will become even more desperate for her MG seeds.

Fran

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 30, 08 at 10:25

More lazy druggies!

Used to be the "hippies" in the 60's had very carefully tended marijuana gardens, [I mean like in the closed with grow lites and all that] they WORKED HARD for their high.

The mg druggies cant be bothered to tend a garden, can they? No no no they gotta BUY 40 packs of seeds.... geez... cant be bothered to GROW THEIR OWN.

(think maybe Im getting old?)

o

LOL Doris! :)

o

Good one Doris!

Morning Glory Woman is another year older today.

I found 12 of her aliases on The birthday list for Aug 12th

Sue...resident busy body who needs to get a life

o

yes, i do remember when people used to grow their own stuff. now people buy it, that's why so many people end up dead, in the hospital, and accidently hooked on marijuanna or other things and don't know why. its because they are buying their stuff that is laced with opium or nowadays meth and hooked!! freaks!! IMHO very humble though. LOL i swear, if my kids do, i will take them to a rehab place and show them how the people look when they are strung out and begging for more, and when they think and wishing they are/were dying!!! maybe they will think twice about that. ~Medo

o

She's back with new id of galinagirl...posted August 25th for bulbs and sunflower seeds. Appears GW deleted Plant Exchange post but others are still there. Beware of galinagirl, if you do a trade--get your end first.

Peggy

o

Peggy,
this is just beyond belief. So she's trying to get back here by posting on other forums to start with. Then she'll make her way back to the seed exchange site.

She is really one sick lady.

Fran

o

Interesting individual. I read a bunch at the top of this thread and then gave up, so I haven't read the more recent postings. One thought that kept popping up in my head is that she probably is sick--clinically mentally ill. Perhaps with addictions issues on top of that (self-medicating perhaps?). Some of you posted quotes from her. The ones where she is responding to direct confrontation sound a lot like someone who is mentally ill. If that is the case, then she probably can't help what she's doing (at least not without mental health treatment and her own committment to deal with her illness). It would also account for the fact that her behavior is completely illogical (plant the damn things--you'll never have to beg seed again!).

I find, when dealing with someone who is seriously mentally ill, that one of the most therapeutic ways of dealing with them is to remain calm, non-judgemental, and set CLEAR, CONSISTENT boundaries. So the blunt messages people have sent her telling her they will not trade with her under any circumstances are actually a good thing!

This is sounding preach-y---NOT what I meant. I really want to say to everyone out there who has posted, thanks for protecting the rest of us! If she's really ill, then she probably won't go away, but at least we have the good souls on GardenWeb looking out for us and spreading the word!

Diana Lynn

PS--Could this post be kept near the top of the Seed Exchange page as a sort of permanent alert? Would that be appropriate?

o

i think we try to do that, ya know, diana i never did think of that. just drugs always pop into my mind because of the hubs, LOL hmmm...........but because its the one things she's always after and spending so much on it, and getting so much of it. if i think about what we learn in classes, bipolar comes to mind. ~Medo

o

She's back with new id of galina looking for morning seeds and pods,on a different site then this one.

o

Andrea81 posted for a SASE offer of MG. Someone with the GW name of Sunnny responded but there's no location or email. She said that she was in TX but I have my doubts. Anyone know if this is the "usual suspect"?

o

Anyone know if this is the "usual suspect"?

I really do not think so. That person has been a member since 2007.

Morning Glory Woman always has an email link, has 'favorite' forums listed, and the posted reply is not her style.

Sue

o

thanks for asking bakemom, I have been wondering also..BUT Id LOVE to know what address she is giving out, she has made me a real skeptic..it is too bad there are people like this in the world.

Thanks to you all for keeping us all posted !

o

She is now in IL, as of July 2008. I think she is in Springfield.

One more post and this thread will heave reached its max. Maybe I should copy my OP to a new thread, and then link to this thread, so the saga can go on and on, as she is just like the Energizer Bunny.

Sue...rbb

o

Bad news folks, she's back on a MG site and using her real name this time. She was banned from the site before and just let the mods there know that she's back again.

Anyone who wants the name she's using on that forum, just e-mail me.

Sue, get a new post going so we can keep this updated.

Fran

o

hmmm...this post says there are 150 replies, so I was going to start a new one, so we could keep it bumped up somewhere on page one (most of the time anyway), and now I see it is going to let me add reply 151 to this thread.

I'll hold off a bit then on starting a new one, as we don't need two 'active' threads on this.

Once this one can no longer be posted to, I will start a new one, copying the OP from this thread, and then linking to this thread....or someone else can feel free to do it.

Sue...rbb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here