Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
capersjenifer

I'm NEW! ~Please Help~

capersjenifer
16 years ago

Hello IÂm am a retired Grandmother. My children and grandchildren think I need a hobby and thatÂs how I found GardenWeb.com. I am new to the gardening community I have only one plant in my house and thatÂs a cactus, IÂm surprise that poor fellow is still holding on. However IÂm looking to learn how to become a true gardener. I just brought a new house with a big back yard so I have a lot of canvas space for my new masterpiece. So if you guys donÂt mind sending me tips and information and maybe some ideas on trading, that will be great. One more thing what kind of seeds should I buy to trade?

Comments (5)

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    16 years ago

Capers,
    I have gotten in a couple of envies this week from generous donors and would be willing to share if you would like to send me an envie with return postage. email if your interested.
    Lisa

• lindaruzicka
    16 years ago

Hi! Is there something you're particularly interested in? Butterfly gardening? Shade gardening? Cottage gardening?
    I"m starting up a buterfly garden this year and I have some extra seeds, thanks to the Garden Web seed trade folks. Email me and let me know! Linda

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

Welcome to Garden Web.

I thought you might like to know there is no email link on your member page, thus no way to email you.

To set up your email, just go to the bottom on any page here, and click on Member Pages
    Then click on Edit your Personal Information, Page, and Preferences
    You will then probably be asked to login in again.
    Once there, set the drop down box to Show my email address to MEMBERS
    Then check the box Allow other users to send you email via forms at our site.

That will place a link on your member page

While there editing, you may want to fill in your state abbreviation. It goes in the one box provided for the garden zone(and location)

Suggestion...fill out your seed trade page, so if your wants are listed and known if anyone should happen to have some things to share with you for sasbe.

Check out the more recent post subject lines for offers of "Seeds for Newbies, SASE, SASBE.

An sase, or sasbe, is actually a bubble envelope sent to the offerer, and it is to contain among other things, return postage in the amount requested by the offerer, (likely 80 cents to $1.13 or a little more, just depending on the amount or seeds being offered and what they are), a note with your GW name, a list of seeds requested (unless it is offerer's choice) and a return address label.

Suggestion....in your member blurb, maybe tell a bit of your new gardening interests...butterflies, sun/shade, veggies, all...etc.

Happy Gardening.

Feel free to ask any and all questions here.

Sue

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago

Welcome Capers! You'll find this is a wonderful community, very supportive with many generous people. My first suggestion is, if you haven't already, put up on your trade lit what you'd be interested in having. Even if it's something ambiguous as butterfly or humming bird gardening, cottage gardening, etc. If you'll email me with your interests, I'd be happy to work something up with you for postage :) A return of the favor done to me by so many here when I joined not too long ago :)

Kathy

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Hi! Just wanted to let you know I am more than happy to help you kick your addiction...oops...I mean hobby into full gear! Send me an email with what you are interested in,along with your GW ID, and I will send you something to get started with,welcome and Happy Gardening! :)
    ~Angie

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?