Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dan_the_mailman

help! off subject, but need some advice

dan_the_mailman
16 years ago

I've been trying to allow memebers to access my e-mail, but keep getting sent back to the sign-on screen when I attempt to update my settings.

I'm a newbie, (only been here 12 days now) and really liking this community. But, this one thing is beginning to frustrate me to no end! AAAAAGGGGHHHHHH! LOL!

Can anyone help me fix this???

Thanks for reading this and trying to help!

-Dan

Comments (21)

• emsgarden
    16 years ago

Hi Dan - welcome to GW. It does send you back to the sign on page to log in again before it allows you to access the "Edit Personal Information page and preferences" page. Once you log in again, you can then add your email address. Have you tried that?

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

Hi Dan,

Yes, I have noticed you have no email link on your member page, forcing you to post it in a thread for all to see. Sure not handy for anyone that way.......

I'm off to email you hopefully with a 'fix'.

Sue...resident busy body

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Em, thanks for the response. After changing my information on the "Edit Personal Information page and preferences" page, I click on the update members page button, and then I'm sent back to the sign-on page. I've entered and re-entered my info of both pages, I'm no longer sure of how many times, but keep hoping that someday it'll work. :)
    But, after checking the boxes to allow members to send me e-mail, and that I'd like to notified if something in my area happens, I'm always sent back to the sign-on screen. -Dan

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    16 years ago

HEY DAN!

You now have an email link and location.

Congrats!

Sue...resident busy body...logging off as Dan

OH...when I went to update, I hit submit. It refreshed that page and there was a RED alert...passwords did not match. I erased both of them, entered them exactly right, and bingo, it went! Maybe you missed the Red Alert message on the passwords??? Think?

16 years ago

and logged back in 'right' as chemocurl...resident busy body.

• emsgarden
    16 years ago

chemocurl - you're "da bomb" lol you are always around helping everyone!

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sue! Thanks!!! You definitely made MY day!!! And Em? I really am a mailman, so mentioning bombs in one of my threads may not exactly be the greatest of ideas.....LOL!!!
    THANK YOU BOTH!!!

-Dan (as Dan) lol

16 years ago

Dan,. you the mailman...try putting postage in the search box here and do a search.

That is another real rant of mine...or has been for several months ...again...See Conversation side of the Seed X.

So glad you are all set up...so handy for all now.

Sue...who can be a real ranter

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago

Welcome aboard, Dan. My fiancee is a rural carrier in the place where the term "go postal" was coined :P

Kathy

• lindaruzicka
    16 years ago

Hi Dan and welcome...getting the board to work was the hard part..it's all easy from here on in.."L"

Linda

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

LOL...I thought he was quite bold announcing he was a mail man...lol..but than again in all of this they are the innocent ones! It's the clerks that need to watch it! ...lol..Welcome Dan! :)

16 years ago

LMAO at you agirlsgirl/Angie

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    16 years ago

STILL LAUGHING MY ASS OFF! And that's a good thing! You all crack me up!

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Dan,you seem like you are fitting right in! We need an insider on our side! ;)

16 years ago

We need an insider on our side!
    That was what I was thinking.

HAY DAN!

You casually mentioned in another thread about the postage rate going up a little bit here soon. Well, we have already hashed that, but I do have one question for you though...maybe you can answer it.
    Does the USPS keep raising the rates because it is now costing more money to store the mail. I know it can't be moving all that time, so it must be stopped and stored somewhere. I just got an envy today that came from KY to southern Indiana, and it took 12 days. Where might it have been stored?

Sue...who hopes you know I'm kiddin with you. So glad to have you as a newbie!

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago

LOL, Sue, I would bet my last dollar that one of the two post offices were doing mail route counts. Cliff's office just finished their yearly one about three weeks ago. They finished on Friday and Saturday I didn't see Cliff til almost 7 PM, and he was on the road for five hours of that. The count determines part of the carriers' pay, to put it in a very simplified way. It was rather ridiculous that it took that long. But I also know now how the counts work.

As for the rates going up, part of that is to cover the cost of gas these days. There for a while Cliff's mileage allotment wasn't even covering his gas. He's a rural carrier, so he has to use his own van and pay his own gas, maintenance, etc, and the allotment is reimbursing his gas.

Sucks all the way around. :( But at least you got the The Great Fluctuating Bubble Enve Mystery solved for us! For that, you're my hero!

Dan, you're fitting in here wonderfully! You have to be at least a little nuts to work for the post office! Cliff actually works in the station where the guy went postal, some of the old timers still talk about that day. There are definitely some really interesting people that work for the post office, but I think Angie's right, the ones we have to watch for are the clerks, I've yet to see one of those that has a smile and warm attitude!Especially if i wave my printout about the bubble enve rates under their nose :P

Kathy

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Kathy,my best friend's soon to be hubby is a city carrier that has to use his own vehicle,I know EXACTLY what you are saying about the "gas allotment"...that is a JOKE! we wont go there,that is a rant for the mailman! He suffers late nights too! Secretly, my friend enjoys it...lol..!

16 years ago

the ones we have to watch for are the clerks, I've yet to see one of those that has a smile and warm attitude!Especially if i wave my printout about the bubble enve rates under their nose :P
    LMAO>>>Have you really had to and /or gotten the chance to make use of the printout? Really? Did they want a copy? Maybe ,make them their own private copy and leave it with them next time.

I gotta add here...MY PO folks are the absolute greatest...all of them. I know I am one of the few lucky ones it seems.

Cliff's office just finished their yearly one about three weeks ago.
    Cliff Claven?!?
    {{gwi:28601}}

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago

LOL! No, they didn't wanna see it, but when one at another station here in Edmond, not Cliff's, wanted to charge me $1.31 to mail an envelope that had like four seed packets, taped down to paper to avoid bulge, I told them I knew for a fact that it was over charging. And waved the email. And then left it cause I can print out a new one any time, thanks to our amazing Sue! I'm not normally on that side of the city, so fortunately I'm not at that one often :)

Nope, Cliff Walker.. which is pretty amusing in itself :)

Kathy

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Kathy, I'm a rural carrier here in Michigan, and yes, I use my own car too. I know exactly what you mean about the mail count, we just finished ours about 3 weeks ago also.

Whenever one of my customers asks about the hike in postage, I simply smile, and tell'em it was to pay for my most recent raise. Then I drive off to deliver my next box, leaving them silently dumbfounded. HAHAHAHAHA

As for fitting in here, you've all made me feel very welcome, and I absolutely LOVE all the laughing that goes on! You guys are a hoot!

Dan

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago

You think this is fun.. you should check out the Making New Friends (MNF) Round Robins. This month's (April's)theme is After Dark and I'm hosting it!:) We have lots of fun there too! *Sneaks away after her shameless plug!*

Kathy

Sponsored