Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

I feel like ranting

But had best get settled down before I do so....sigh

Anyone else have a rant for the day? week? Hopefully mine will pale in comparison.

Sue

Comments (13)

• barefoot_contessa
    15 years ago

I do. I am on an computer that is older than dirt, because out "new" one crashed last night. We won't get it back for at least 2 days. I've seen snails move faster than this thing. I can't load up any of my previous e-mails, and of course all my GW stuff is there. All of my trade stuff is in a folder, on the OTHER hard drive. Argh...............

What's wrong Sue? Let it out. You'll surely feel better.

Sending you a (((hug)))

Carrie

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the hug...

Ok...let me first say that my PO folks and carriers are great folks.

The substitute carrier typically runs a lot earlier than my regular carrier. I'm fine with that...my problem if i don't have my stuff in the box early enough.

Yesterday I put 2 things in my rural box, with the flag up. I always lean them up against the inside of the box. One was a bubblie and the other a card in a white envelope. He missed grabbing the white envelope one...just missed getting it out of the box along with the bubblie. Now today, I missed getting that card and 2 other things in the box early enough. I either have to send emails to 3 members explaining, or else they might think I fibbed when I did not mail when I said I did...sigh. I'm behind (slow) on mailing 2 of them anyway.

BTW...
    kms4me (Kate)
    irish_rose_grower(Maureen)
    vgary-(Gary)
    your envelopes will very hopefully go out tomorrow...finally!

Sue

• chrizty
    15 years ago

my sub mail lady dose the same thing. she comes hours before my reg mail lady. n ya never know when theres a sub. not like they call ya to let ya know lol
    ill just send a e-mail sayin sorry missed the mail lady, its in the box, she'll get it tomarrow......really what else can ya do?. i think people would understand. :) so far they have for me.:)
    i have a rat....opps i mean rant.but wont get into that...

Original Author
    15 years ago

ill just send a e-mail sayin sorry missed the mail lady, its in the box, she'll get it tomarrow.
    I won't leave anything in my box with the flag up overnight. That's just asking for the stuff to be stolen. Guess I had best get it down there really early today as the sub is probably running all week. My regular carrier must be on spring vacation with her kiddies.

Sue

Original Author
    15 years ago

I missed him again today. He has never been this early before...sigh. I have to go to town sometime between now and Sat so will probably just plan on mailing them then. grrrrr.....

Sue

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

awww Sue! How aggravating! I've been on a rant w/ my local p.o. as well, but thanks to you I am WELL informed on the CORRECT weight/postage rates etc... when I went to the p.o. w/ info in hand they readily agreed that I was right and they were wrong! woohoo! But the next day I had 4 more returned envys... I stopped the mailman cuz I chased him down in the neighborhood :P asked him WHO exactly is it that returns items, is it my local p.o.? he said could be, but might also be the big atlanta p.o. as well... I just threw some additional stamps on and put them in his hands.. sometimes this vendetta of theirs just gets to be way too much hassle and I just give in! Ok.. there's my rant (actually from a few days ago) :)

Hugs !
    ~Wendy

Original Author
    15 years ago

Guess what... Yep, you guessed it. I missed him today again after taking them down at 11 AM. That is 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours earlier than normal. I'm wondering if he is maybe getting to 'start' earlier' than the regular carriers do or something.

Wendy, that is just pitiful. I think I would have taken a black magic marker and just marked out the postage due stuff and handed it back to him to send on. That or he could take it up with his post master/mistress.

sometimes this vendetta of theirs just gets to be way too much hassle and I just give in!
    I hate to hear of you or anyone else giving into this greedy conglomerate that totally lacks supervision....at all levels.

quittin b4 I start twitchin.

Sue

• jim_6b
    15 years ago

Hi Sue
    Maybe you should leave him a note asking what his schedule is or if he even has one.

I have a rant. I logged onto GW yesterday and saw a link to GW on Twitter. I clicked the link and this is what I saw.

Hey there! gardenweb is using Twitter.
    Twitter is a free service that lets you keep in touch with people through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing? Join today to start receiving gardenweb's updates.

Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky but isn't that what we do here on the Conversation side. Come on GW, isn't there enough useless crap on the internet already?

My neighbors new "outside" dog is chewing everything in my yard. About 1/4 of my blackberry canes have been chewed in half. I wonder what's going to happen when I plant my flowers. I have already warned her about the dog but she is about as crazy as me. I may need to talk to her husband and let him know that some of the plants are poisonous. It would be bad if the dog got into the Daturas.

Help me Sue I'm starten ta twitch.
    jim_6b

Original Author
    15 years ago

I have a rant. I logged onto GW yesterday and saw a link to GW on Twitter.
    Yes, I too saw that. Can't remember if I clicked on it or not. I knew I was not going to sign up to twitter, but thought I might read some twitter. It's all the rage now ya know?...as is Facebook and so many other ways of socializing. Call me old fashioned too, but I won't be joining any of them. I spend too much time on the computer as it is, most of it here at GW, learning and sharing.
    I 'do' some private emails with some folks, but not all that much.
    I hate, hate, hate instant messaging other than to ask them if they have time, if they want to call me, or me call them, and have a 'real' visit.

I took a chance yesterday and just left the 3 envelopes in the box without the flag up. I 'know' he will be putting the weekly (Sat) paper in there today, but don't know if he will take the letters left in there without the flag up.

Maybe you should leave him a note asking what his schedule is or if he even has one.
    Nah...he is a really nice guy, and I wouldn't want to hint I had any problem with his hours. I guess going forward I will just always try and have my stuff in the box by 10AM. That should do it fine.

Sorry about the neighbors new outside dog. Why not try placing a few pebbles or pennies in some pop cans and then whenever he is near stuff, shake the can vigorously, telling him NO while shaking it. I imagine the canes he chewed in half were the new canes that could be bearing fruit, had they not been nearly destroyed. That's sad, and I would be furious!

Go eat some chocolate or other comfort food. That seems to help my twichin a bit.

• jim_6b
    15 years ago

Yes they were the new canes. I remove the old ones in the fall. They die and turn brown after bearing fruit in the summer. On top of that I went to the vegetable garden yesterday and saw fresh footprints right where I planted my onions and lettuce.
    I would really love to put up a fence around my property with some razor wire on top. Yeah, that would be awesome!
    I can dream can't I?
    jim_6b

• medontdo
    15 years ago

well jim, maybe when her dog does get into your datura's then she'll learn. sadly but she'll learn none the less. my new dog, he's a yr old. is gonna have to learn, we found out just WHY he was at the pound, he was a runner!! ahhhhh!!!! but that's not a real problem for me, the problem fo rme is while he's gone, is that if he gets into some peoples flower beds, what is he doing to their beds, and what's he getting into?? for me, its the castor bean plants i love and the other deadly to him plants i love, hubs didnt think about that when he just had to have a dog.
    LOL so we'll be doing the can thingi, learned about that from a trainer in germany when we were there, LOL ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: barehanded totally nutso gardener :'}

Original Author
    15 years ago

I feel so foolish. I talked to my regular carrier today and found out she was 'not' on vacation last week. After discussing me missing the mail 3 days, we deduced that I was not getting my mail out of the box from the previous day, and was then assuming (wrongly) that the mail had already run when there was mail in the box already.

Sheesh...I gotta start going to the box daily. I got in an awful habit this last winter when I was in hibernation. Often I did not go to the box for several days in a row.

She and I had a nice and friendly rant about the USPS.

Sue

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

*chuckling... aww Sue! hehehe

I'm laughing *WITH* you.. you know that right?? :D

HUGS!
    ~Wendy

Sponsored