Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My goodness, it smells good in here!

Posted by chemocurl zone 5/6 S INDIANA (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 21, 11 at 13:13

Nothing like dropping and breaking a small bottle of essential oil on a tile floor to make a place smell good. I just quickly wiped it up, and left the rest and now wonder how long the fragrance will linger. I guess I should have saved the rag I wiped it up with, to add some intense fragrance elsewhere. (Smelly damp basement comes to mind) I hope I don't get any company soon that is bothered by smelly stuff, as I know 'smells' don't agree with a lot of folks. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy the Hawaiian Mist myself.

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My goodness, it smells good in here!

Lol* Considering you only need a drop or so of those oils I can only imagine the smell! ;) I bet visitors will smell it days after your nose has adjusted. Lol* Better than having a stinky house!!!

o
RE: My goodness, it smells good in here!

LOL... I've done this before, too! It was a vial of chamomile essential oil which I accidentally dropped and shattered on my bathroom tile floor.

I did actually think to save the paper towel used to wipe up the mess, and I put that very fragrant paper towel into the utility room of my house which is where I keep my worm bin (so it can sometimes get a bit rank in there due to composting)...

Let's just say my worm bin area and my bathroom both smelled unusually nice for several weeks! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here