Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few pictures for Chemocurl ;)

Posted by quilt_mommy 5/6 Northeast Ohio (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 21, 11 at 13:59

Sue! My visits have been very sparse in the past few months as I had been SO very busy with school. I have made the huge decision to put school on hold because last September I discovered I was pregnant!

In any case I didn't garden or document my garden as much as I would have liked last year, but I DID take a few pictures of the gorgeous Heirloom Burgundy Celosia I grew from the seeds you sent me. These were such showstoppers in my garden!!! This was in October, the stalks were falling over and so I took a few from the ground to collect seeds. This year I want to do a big patch of these gorgeous flowers!

I thought you might enjoy seeing how much gardeners enjoy the seeds you share, and know that I so very much appreciate your generosity and all the trouble you go through to save and exchange seeds!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few pictures for Chemocurl ;)

Oh my...thanks for the kind words and for sharing your pics! I agree, that particular cockscomb is indeed a real showstopper.

True story here about them and getting the seeds. I was driving down the highway and saw a whole long row of those going across a rural property. The first time I saw/gazed at them, I was in awe, and wasn't paying very good attention to my driving, and hmmmm....got a bit close to the center line. Thankfully a friend was with me and alerted me to get my eyes back on the road and pay attention to my driving. I passed them several more times that year, while they were in bloom, taking extra care to pay attention to the road. Late in the season of that year, I ended up stopping by the place, and talked with the resident and he was more than happy to share the then faded blooms just loaded with seeds.

I'm behind right now at getting those seeds out to 3 different members wanting them. YIKES!

Sue

o
RE: A few pictures for Chemocurl ;)

Cockscomb! Oh I was wrong, not celosia, it's cockscomb isn't it? You still knew what I meant though! ;)

Isn't that neat - I love hearing how you came upon the seeds for your own garden. I have never seen flowers like these before, and neither have any of my friends, family, or neighbors! LOL* Everyone was very excited with them, and you are so right, they are just LOADED with seeds at the end of the year! I will surely have many to share this fall, as long as the seeds I plant this year do as well as the ones you sent me. I just adore these!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here