Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Special Memories-Loved Ones and Flowers

moonwolf_gw
14 years ago

Hi everyone,

I have a certain story to share with all of you and you're invited to share a similar story.

One of my best friends, Nikki was a caring, loving kind of girl. She was always helpful to others and remained positive no matter what happened. We met, like most of my friends, in elementary school. When 7th grade (high school) rolled around, we didn't see each other as much but when we did she would always give me a bear hug.

By 11th grade, our friendship deepened as we had most of our classes and we had the same lunch period together. She was making plans about her future and we were very excited about becoming seniors. I sat beside her at the end of the year assembly and we talked a little. At the end, we hugged each other and said goodbye.

Summer of 2007 was going great until one day. It was July 19, 2007. Mom had the local news on and I heard it say that a young woman had died in a car accident. Friends and former neighbors of ours, pulled into the driveway a little later. The girl and her mom, came in and I saw the daughter looking solomn. Her mom took my mom to where I couldn't hear them and then I heard my mom let out a cry.

They both came out crying and mom told me through her tears that it was Nikki that had died in the accident. I was horrified and was in shock for days. I really didn't let go until the first time I went to the graveyard. The tears fell from my face like rain. I was stricken with grief throughout my senior year. Where I live, it is mostly farm country and small towns. I could see the change in our school.

I am good friends with Nikki's younger brother, Jon. He and some other friends came to visit me one day and I was showing them my garden. When I showed them the moonflower vines, Jon said that Nikki loved moonflowers and I never knew that. So from now on, moonflowers hold a special place in my garden and in my heart. I will grow them for many years to come.

I don't know if Nikki ever loved me in that special way, as we never dated, but if she were alive, I would have told her. I do love her and I always will.

Sorry for the length, but I just had to share this story.

Thank you for letting me share.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (6)

Sponsored