Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grovespirit

How do I contact a GW moderator?

grovespirit
15 years ago

My full name was recently posted on a RR thread without my permission, which really bothers me.

Several other people's last names are up there too, and I have no idea if the other members want their last names up there or not.

The way it currently is posted on the publicly searchable forum, all sorts of people on the WWW could use the full name and the delivery confirmation number. This info can easily be put together, for nefarious purposes like identity theft, junk mail and telemarketing lists, spam, and stalking.

When a package gets delivered, USPS info will say where it was delivered to, and that address can then be easily connected with someone's full name (listed right there next to the DC#) and abused.

I believe it is currently against GW's guidelines to post members' full names on the forums.

For privacy and identity-theft prevention, these last names should be removed from the public forum, but I think only a GW moderator can do this.

How do I contact a Gardenweb moderator who can edit this post, and ask them to help out?

Comments (5)

Sponsored