Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
austinnhanasmom

PO suffering

austinnhanasmom
15 years ago

So, do you all think the PO will appreciate us now that they are losing money?? Perhaps their tune will change towards seed swappers...

Comments (11)

• barefoot_contessa
    15 years ago

They better, :-)
    We are the ones keeping them in business!

Carrie

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

So, do you all think the PO will appreciate us now that they are losing money??
    No, and I don't think they even realize that they have driven some of us away with their excessive overcharging by so many post offices. I have read of more than one who said they were limiting their trading due to excessive postage costs.

Sheesh...they overcharge on some and just plain drop the ball on others.

Yesterday I received in a bubblie and the stamps were not canceled...so that envy and postage will be reused.

Today I got in an envie with 3 stamps on it. It was over 3/4" thick (I checked it with my handy dandy template given me by my sweetie post master) and weighed it (on my handy dandy postal scale I got off of ebay) and it weighed 1.7 OZ.

It was clear to me that it was not a large envy under 1 OZ. The postage affixed to it (3 stamps) was $1.26. It should have been a 2 OZ parcel rate for $1.34.

Why don't PO workers who handle this stuff daily know this stuff? Why are there so many mistakes? If the PO workers were all doing their jobs correctly and charging correctly, chances are the USPS would not be having financial problems.

Anyone who has done much trading at all I imagine has received more than one envy with the stamps not canceled, rendering them reusable.

End of rant.

Sue

• austinnhanasmom
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I MUST check for uncanceled stamps!!

15 years ago

I MUST check for uncanceled stamps!!
    I notice that even before I notice/see the return address.

Sue

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

Nope, the post office won't appreciate us or anyone any more than they did before they where losing money.

Heck, they don't know what they are doing, one hand doesn't know what the other was doing either.

Darn, I forgot to take pics of the 6 envelopes that came yesterday for me to fill with seeds.

4 of them where 4x7. inside, small piece of paper and 2 postage stamps.
    All where weighed at the post office and their printed stamp went on them.

1. $.43 postage
    2. $1.17 postage
    3. $1.17 postage
    4. $.83 postage. hey someone was awake

2 where 6x9 inch bubblies. inside each one was a folded 8x10 inch piece of paper and 3 postage stamps

1. $1.17 postage
    2. $1.17 postage.

They are all asleep at the switch and don't really care.

A couple of weeks ago, I got 8 of them in the mail, all with incorrect postage stamps put on them, all with more than should have been on them. Not one postage stamp was cancelled.

Didn't I hear something yesterday out of the post master general, something about they may be in the black at the end of the year?

HMMM after all that noise about being in the red, panic mode as usual, now they say they won't be in the red?

Maybe, just maybe, if they got their act together and everyone was doing their job, charging the correct price, canceling stamps when they are supposed to, etc. USPS might actually break even

Wonder what they are doing with all the stolen money they are getting from us?

Fran

• bigred
    15 years ago

Uh-Oh! Sue's twitchin' again!

Wait until they loose your cc statement 3 months running and a $15.00 min. pymt cost you an extra $45.00
    $15.00 to call in pymt and another $30.00 in late fees.....plus the $15.00 pymt. Now if that don't make ya twitch I don't know what will. Needless to say....I pay my bill on-line now. Doesn't do one whit of good to complain to them,they just stand there looking at you....writen complaints just go un-answered too.

Peggy

15 years ago

Wait until they loose your cc statemen
    Been there and done that before when I was really living life in the fast lane and did not notice it until the due date had passed.

I now use my Discover card almost exclusively, and have it set up to automatically take the minimum payment from my checking account on the date it is due. No more late fees for me. I then (hopefully) call in another payment on the monthly balance before the due date so they don't get a cent of interest from me. Discover is the only one that has FREE pay by phone. A month or so ago, I must have been in hibernation or something because I didn't get my call in to pay the balance until it was a day late. I called them and politely whined to them, and they gladly removed the interest charges. I love Discover, and I feel they love me too. They are the greatest and have such quick, and polite customer service. They are the only card that has FREE pay by phone.
    I once asked another card company why Discover had free pay by phone and why they (Visa or someone) didn't. Their reply was that Discover owned their own bank.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

That's good info on the Discover card Sue, every penny helps!

Fran, I bet mine was one of the ones with more postage.. I had several returned wanting addt'l postage.. the first batch I took to the p.o. and ranted and they agreed I was right... the 2nd batch I just didn't feel like driving up there again so I just put addt'l stamps on and said to heck w/ it.

I did fig out tho that if you cut a bubble envy in thirds and tape all around a seed pack (can only do it for small seeds or just 1 or 2 packs tho) and put it in a regular envy that they never even question those and I never get those returned..

This will just be an ongoing saga I think....

Hugs!
    Wendy

• token28001
    15 years ago

After my swap where 3 packages were lost, and another trade where the cuttings weren't in the package when it arrived, I'm almost done with the USPS. I'll be giving seeds away, but I will rarely trade for seeds myself. Only if I do delivery confirmation is there a good chance it will get there and be on time.

• Lisa_H OK
    15 years ago

I have not hardly traded all year, maybe once or twice. Postage is a big part of the reason...not all of it, but a lot of it. I miss trading :)

Lisa

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022