Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plant_one_on_me

Playing in the dirt, um mud, today...

plant-one-on-me
16 years ago

Jordan, my 3 year old granddaughter, and I attempted to plant out some peas we started a while back. They are about 8" or taller now. I have been hardening them off this past week and today it is in the upper 50's woohoo.

We I just moved into this house last Sept. and there is no garden area at all. We trudged out to the spot I thought we could plant peas only to have poor Jordan's boots sucked off 3 times LOL. Well change of plans and I found a really big old rectangular planting box I had and we filled it up with some old leaves, compost, and topped it off with some extra potting mix. We then transplanted the peas in the paper pots we made and set them in what is now their home. An old iron fence stood on end for them to climb and they will have to do.

We then received some more seeds from Les (love2gardennc) and had to "go make more planets". Off to the basement to plant some more. Jordan then wanted to go eat her peas...poor kid I guess she thought they would be ready right away. Well we went to the veggie market and bought some edible pea pods and had those for lunch (this is what we planted).

I think this grandma is an "enabler" to this little girls new addiction! I am NOT even going to get her going on trading yet...I am very afraid I'll be spending a fortune on postage. Kim

Comments (10)