Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how to start

Posted by joytwo1839 z6 TN (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 25, 08 at 15:21

This looks like something I would like a lot so how do I start - I don't have any seed to trade so do I just wait until summer and save them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how to start

You can look for SASBE offers (I have one posted and so do other people). And yes, save seeds from the plants you have in the summer and fall. You will be surprised how fast your list will grow once you start trading.

Becky
ramazz

o

If you're interested in seed saving, please take a look at the link below. It'll take you to the Seed Saving forum. There are lots on knowledgeable folks there that can help you get you started saving seeds.

For seed trading, it's a good idea to start with the seeds of plants you like. Check out the garden sections of hardware stores as well as your local gardening centers. They'll have lots of seeds in this time of year. Pick up a few packs of things you like. There are usually more seeds in a pack then you can plant. Those you don't have room to plant, trade.

Also, if you haven't already, go to your Member's Page. You can click on the link that's in the green banner at the bottom of the page. Click on Members List and type in your wants & haves. That'll help a lot of folks know what you are interested in.

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed Saving

o

Sent you an email! If you dont get it,email me! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here