Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ray_theiceman

trades with ray.theiceman

ray.theiceman
16 years ago

Hello everyone. I am Ray's daughter. He has been hospitalized for a bit now and is worried about his trades. He thought he only had 2 or 3. I checked his emails and luckily for me he has a folder marked "trades". I know he owes Tod (seed-to-seed-gardens) and zackeysmom. I have emailed them and am working on getting his trades out for them. Please be patient with me. This is all new for me. If there is anyone else he owes a trade or even a simple thanks for his "sasbe" please let me know. I have been collecting his mail for the last 2 days and haven't seen any yet. My brother has previously been getting his mail and I will check with him also. But he insists I get his trades out, so If there is anyone else please email as I will be checking them for him too. What a nice site this is. Just full of generous people willing to share their seeds. Anywho, Thanks alot. Ray's daughter :)

Comments (18)

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago

How sweet! Tell him we wish him better soon! I don't have a trade with him, but the dedication of the traders here never ceases to amazing me!

Prayers and blessings to your Dad :)

• medontdo
    16 years ago

sending lots of well wishes and prayers for your daddy!!!

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Oh my, tell Ray agirlsgirl sends him all her best! I hope he is ok and has a fast recovery! Such a nice guy, I hate to hear he isnt well!

• lindaruzicka
    16 years ago

Ray's a sweetie, tell him I hope he gets better soon!

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

Hi Ray's Daughter. Welcome to GW and the Seed X. Sorry we must meet under these circumstances, and hope your father recuperates well, fast, and can be back with us soon.

It is so sweet and thoughtful of his concern for seed obligations, and to have you post here on his behalf. Please tell him to not worry about any loose strings there might be. It's not like the village will likely starve if a few seeds don't get mailed.

Thanks for posting for him. Everything is kewl that you gave a heads-up on his whereabouts.

If you would want to see all the threads he has started or posted to, they can be found at the link provided below. Most are at the Seed X here. You can note the last posting date to the thread. If the last post was b4 sometime if Feb, he likely had taken care of it. If a few sasbe's happen to miss getting sent out, the offerer will understand I'm sure. It happens quite often with no explanation anywhere.

Send him my best wishes please for a speedy recovery.

Sue...resident busy body

Here is a link that might be useful: all threads Ray has posted to.

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

I am really sorry to hear your dad is in the hospital, and I bet you thought he was crazy worrying about his trades..LOL But we are so glad you took the time out of a stressful situation to let us know ..

Best wishes for a fast and speedy recovery...tell him to hurry and get better, spring is almost here !

• ray.theiceman
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You guys are so great and understanding. How nice to know there are such caring people in the world these days. Daddy is doing better and should be out of the hospital next week sometime. He sends his best to all of you and thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers for him. They are truly appreciated. His 2 trades I have found, I have gotten them ready and will be shipped out on Monday. Raytheiceman's daughter. (where in the world did he come up with a name like that)

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

LOL...I know what you mean "iceman" really doesnt fit his personality,"niceman" would better fit him! :)

• kilngod
    16 years ago

Please give him my best wishes for a speedy recovery. I "adopted him" back in December, and he was just a gem.

--Tina aka kilngod

16 years ago

Thanks for the update. Good to know.

Raytheiceman's daughter. (where in the world did he come up with a name like that)
    hmmm...I just thought Theiceman was his 'real' last name...not really reading all 3 words in it.

Sue

• ray.theiceman
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You guys are too funny. Niceman. Don't guess you know him like I do huh? HA HA No really. Update on Ray. He is much better and gets to come home tommorow. He give us all a big scare but is fine. I have sent his trades out for him and he said to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Oh and just so ya know, I asked him about his name. He said it used to be his cb handle some years back. Thank you all for your concern. He can't wait to get back to his computer and to trading seeds. I am trying now to update his trade page for him :)

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

A Ha! Now we know!...lol...if you need anything you can give anyone of us a holler and we would be more than happy to assist! :)

16 years ago

Great to hear he is much better and expected home tomorrow!

hmmm...wish I had thought of this earlier.

If you would, please send me an email with his addy. I would like to send some complimentary 'Get Well' seeds.

Yes...update his list, if you haven't already. Just go to the link in the green banner at the bottom of any page, and then follow the links.

Sue...a busy body and seed pusher

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

I would LOVE to send him some get well wishes and seeds too, if you dont mind emialing his address to me.

gee, I was small at the time...but my cb handle was ...oh never mind...way too embarrasing...LOL ( thanks to MY dad)

SO glad to hear he is coming home ! I bet he gets in the door and pushes the button on the computer to turn it on..LOL

WELCOME HOME !!!!!!! Now rest, and listen to your daughter so you can get better !! (dads never listen...LOL)

• sonyalynn
    16 years ago

Hi Ray's daughter. How nice of you to be doing all his work for him :) I am a newbie but have received several seeds from generous people. Please email me his address too. I would love to send him a get well card and some seeds. Thanks. Sonya

• kymickeymouse
    16 years ago

I had a trade with Ray last month. He was such a sweetie and sent more exrtra's than the trade was for!! Please send me his addy. I would like to send him some surprise get well seeds also. Thank you. Colleen

• zzackey
    16 years ago

Hi! I got the seeds that you sent to me today! Thanks for your generosity! I'm sorry that I didn't know about him being in the hospital! I tried to e-mail him and it came back denied. I'm sorry that I offended him! That's the last thing that I want to do to anybody! I am going through a rough time myself. I have short term memory loss, dizziness and drowsiness due to the RX that I am on! I don't want him to stop using the GW site because of me!! I guess that I should be the one to stop using it instead. Sincerely, Maggie (zackeysmom)

• karyn1
    16 years ago

Hi,
    I'm sorry that your father is ill and I hope he's recovering. I'm one of those people that he set a trade up with. I received the envelope 5 weeks late. Unfortunately over the past two weeks I've undergone 2 surgeries and have been hospitalized as well. I got home and saw the envelope and returned it unfilled. I'm sorry but I'm not feeling well enough to pack up seed packets. I wish that I'd known the circumstances earlier as I wouldn't have been so curt but would have been unable to fill the request anyway. Maybe at a later date when we are both feeling better.

Karyn

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner