Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Att pinkspoonbill-help me reach please

Posted by chemocurl zone 5/6 S IN (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 26, 09 at 19:31

I replied to your email this afternoon after I had emailed you asking if you had gotten the 2 I sent yesterday.

I also sent the email that had the 2 attached to it that I sent yesterday.

I asked in both that you let me know when you received them, but have not heard back from you.

Yes, I received the plants, was very pleased, and I discussed how you had them packed. I told you when I expected to mail yours out.

I have a feeling you have not received these emails, so you are probably wondering by now just what is up, and when I plan to mail, as it looks like I am not responding to your emails.

If anyone is in touch with pinkspoonbill, please direct her to this thread. I would appreciate it. I checked all of her more recent threads, and she has not checked the box to get the follow-up replies emailed to her, so it would not help much for me to keep a trade post of hers active....sigh.

I left you a nice review at The Rate and Review Forum.

Tia.

Sue

Here is a link to Your review thread since you said you were not aware of a review forum.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Att pinkspoonbill-help me reach please

Hi Cathy,

I got your email yesterday saying mine had not come through.

I just sent a new email and just copied the emails from 3/24 and 3/25 to it. I hope you rec it. I also posted a link to this thread. I'm thinking maybe it had gotten too long, or had too many 'forwards' or replies' to it and your ISP just would not accept it.

We shall see.

Sue

o

Cathy,

I sent you an email Mon 3-30 at 7:24 Pm and you did not reply...sigh.

I just sent a brand new (nothing attached to it like old emails) email to you and copied the body of the message I sent Mon.

My 'guess' is that maybe your ISP does not like emails that go back and forth into a long string of them. I will start a brand new email from now on whenever I email you, and will try to remember to post here.

I'm wondering if you are maybe not getting emails from other folks too.

Sue

o

Is anyone else in touch with pinkspoonbill/Cathy these days?

o

Just now saw this thread. Thank you for the email directing me to it. I did not receive the emails of 3/31 or 4/1. Don't know why, nor do I know why neither of us received a message that the email was not received from the server master. I don't think I received the one from 3/30, either. We can try keeping the string short.

Thank you for the wonderful review. I did receive the email with that link. I love to get great reviews. I am nearly positive I emailed you back once I received the email with the review link.

I received the email with your packing suggestions, thank you, but it wasn't the original email. Instead it was the one you copied and resent. I think the last email I received from you was on 3/27, then the next at night on 4/1, which led me to this thread, where I am posting the next morning.

I am sorry for the email difficulties. I don't have any clue why or how to fix. I'm really not that great at solving computer problems at all. (Grew up in the precomputer days, too, using typewriters and libraries for school reports).

I will let you know via email and here when I receive your box. All is well with the trade for me. Whenever it is convenient for you to mail is fine. I plan to be around all of April and will look forward to the box at any time.

o

Cathy,

I suspect the problem is with sbcglocal. Might you want to set up a free hotmail or yahoo email addy, to see if my emails will then get to you? Maybe you could use it then just for your GW emails....hint, hint.

I just got your email saying that you had not gotten the other ones.

Anyway...have not mailed yet, but will plan to either Sat or Mon.

Anyway...recapping again here

Seeds-Aster Jim Dai
Seeds-HL Maroon Red cockscomb with huge blooms up to 10+" across.
Dormant Mayapples
Plants-small by nature-pussytoes

Jacks-a few-later when they emerge....late April or thereabouts-pot luck on what size they will be once dug

In one email I asked if you might like some Dentaria Laciniata...aka toothwort. I forget where you are planting the mayapples, but think it is a woodland as opposed to a 'shade' bed...right? Anyway. the toothwort will drop seed and naturalize everywhere.
Toothwort

I also asked if you might like a shooting star (white).

Feel free to reply here and watch for any other updates.

I had hoped to mail earlier this week, but it did not happen...was gone Mon pm and then to town and a bunch of errands on Tues. Sorry to be so long with this...and am really wanting/trying to keep you updated.

I know wonder about so many posts where members say the other member (trader) quits responding to emails...I wonder if at least some of them are going off into cyberspace somewhere and never being received....sigh.

I just checked and see you replied to this thread already...I thought you might after just getting the email from me.

I hope I have not forgotten anything. I need to make a folder fro just my emails from this one trade...there are a bunch of them, since they could not be sent and kept in one long string. Did I forget anything that we had talked about earlier? LMK if I did...thanks!

Sue

o

I am sorry for the email problems. I wish it was easier to communicate. Now that you mention it, I do have a yahoo email I need to mail you. I hardly ever check it, and always use the global email, so I didn't even think about it. I think I set it up when I joined freecycle, but didn't need it, and almost cancelled it. I'll send you an email with the address at yahoo.

I just bought a shooting star at the Arkansas Flower show, but I do not know what color it will be. If you've got plenty of them, go ahead and stick one in the box, and I'll put it in a different part of the flower bed, and enjoy two of them, even if they're both white. The toothwort looks interesting, and if it doesn't add to the weight of the box, I'll try one or two. Since they naturalize, I won't need many.

I'll go back and look at our emails and make sure we've got everything for the box. I know I am looking forward to the mayapples and jack-in-the-pulpits, the latter of which I've been looking for for a long time. I love cockscomb, too.

How are your plants doing that I sent you? Are they recovering from their mail trip? Let me know if they don't make it, because I do have more here. How did the toadlilies make it? I've not sent them in the mail before.

thanks for this thread to keep in touch, and I am really sorry for the email problems. I'll email you my yahoo address and try to check that more often.

o

Hi Cathy,

Hope you check in here occasionally. I emailed you late last night to your yahoo addy that you were dug. I just wanted to let you know that I did indeed get them packaged this AM and my carrier has already picked them up.

Things are looking good that you sent, even the babies on the counter that want to be outside, but it is just too cold for them now.

Hopefully the flowering almonds will be rooted later so I can include them with the jacks.

I sent you a surprise too...be awatchin!

Sue

o

Thank you so much for the wonderful plants! I am very excited to receive them. There was a beautiful trillium in there that I just love! Trilliums have been on my list for a long time. I love the leaves and the flowers. Thank you so much! All the other plants are great! They are all healthy. I've got them in the ground and they really add to my woodland garden.

Above, you mentioned that the mayapples might need to go in a woodland setting, but not a shade bed? It seemed like you might be saying that the mayapples will not do well in a bed? I have different types of shade, some in a bed and some much dryer, out of range of the sprinklers. Should I not put the mayapples in the bed? I think I will research how to grow them, as I may be missing something. If they can't go in a bed, I may have to move them. They are in with some azaleas and other woodland plants right now, on the hillside. It kind of is a bed, but I haven't done much to it to enhance it or make it into a flowerbed since I've moved. Most of the rocks are out of it, and the soil is not real loose, but not that clay I had back near Houston, either.

I'll read up more on the mayapples. Thank you again for the trade. I am very excited to receive more plants for my woodland garden on my hillside.

o

Above, you mentioned that the mayapples might need to go in a woodland setting, but not a shade bed? It seemed like you might be saying that the mayapples will not do well in a bed?
I only said that because the mayapples spread so much and if in a 'bed' very many of then could take it over, imho...just like the toothwort will reseed 'everywhere, but is much nicer in an actual wild woodland setting.

I'm off to email you know.

Sue

o

Hi Cathy,

I received your email dated Friday, March 27, 2009 12:29 PM and just now replied to it. I sent it to both your GW email addy AND to the other one you gave me. Hopefully you either get it at your regular addy, or think to check the other less used addy.

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here