Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
booberry85

Why aren't there any...

booberry85
16 years ago

Oldies seed offers! For those of us that have been on the GardenWeb for over a year. Think about it!

Comments (12)

• medontdo
    16 years ago

i guess cuz they figure ya have too many seeds. LOL i'm almost there. an oldie. imagine that!! LOL

• love2gardennc
    16 years ago

There are Oldies seed offers, they are called trades.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

i guess cuz they figure ya have too many seeds.
    Right...by the time you are an oldie, you should be a 'pusher' like the rest of us.
    I saw I have about 5 or more things on your wish list. Send me a bubble mailer and 80 cents (MY PO charges correctly, LOL) and I'll send you some. If ya send 97 cents in stamps I'll load ya up on some stuff (fresh from 2007 )to add to your trading list. e me.

Sue...resident busy body and a senior seed pusher

• booberry85
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maybe after this gardening season I'll reach seed pusher status!

16 years ago

Maaaaaaaaaybeeeeeee. I hope to contribute to you bein a pusher come winter/early spring.

• bakemom_gw
    16 years ago

I'm a czar. Wonder if there's a wanted poster somewhere...

• booberry85
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You are a Czar, Bakemom! I have some containers sitting outside right now, thinking about spring in the rain & snow. All seeds you gave me! Hopefully my front flower bed this year will look as nice as my veggie garden does in the back. All thanks to you, at least it has a shot at looking good!

I'll just aim for junior seed pusher for the fall!

:-)

• kilngod
    16 years ago

When do we qualify as pushers? (she says after sending 400+ packs out sabse in the last year....)

I guess I'm there.

Anybody want some oakleaf hydrangea?

• kms4me
    16 years ago

Booberry,

I actually tried this a few years ago when Spike was in charge, and he remove my posting and sent me a notice threatening to ban me for a month...

I would love to offer seeds to long-time members as I think (1) they deserve it! (2) they are probably more experienced at seed starting and might thus be more successful at some of the more complicated procedures needed for the rarer and difficult-to-germinate seeds. I have been afraid of getting angry email from those who think they are being excluded, though I never see anyone get mad when only newbies are offered seeds.

So boo... can I offer you an SASBE? Take a look at my list and see if there's anything you might like.

Kate

• booberry85
    Original Author
    16 years ago

This wasn't a ploy for me to mooch for more seeds (although I did see some I like on your list Kate!) I think you bring up some valid points. The people who have been gardening for years have more determination and dedication towards gardening. They would probably go the extra step to find out how to start the seeds, grow them and propagate them. I'm sorry Spike gave you a difficult time.

I was Tea-cupped by Spike once too...something about comparing presidential candidates to vegetables. I learned my lesson, don't mix politics and gardening.

16 years ago

I was Tea-cupped by Spike once too...something about comparing presidential candidates to vegetables.
    LMAO...ole SPIKO, IMHO, had about as much tact as a cold fart. I too was disneyed. There were many theories that were thought to be the possible cause of his extreme lack of reasoning...if you catch my drift. I haven't missed that fart for one second. He just struck me as one crabby miserable person.
    I know some folks get upset when things don't go as they should, (and advertising at times too) but all in all, I think they do a great job. At least they warn a person instead of sending them to the tea cups.

Sue...with one warning down

• kilngod
    16 years ago

I wasn't here back in those days - good thing too.

I'm a potter and find it offensive that being sent to the teacups was used as a punishment. What awful degradation of a profound ceramic object. Hmpf!

:)
    I love teacups.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022