Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yvonne - Can you ID?

Posted by susieqsie 10 Chokoloskee (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 25, 12 at 20:54

Hi Everyone
Yvonne: I planted some seeds you sent me in Dec or Jan, but I must've mislabeled the pots. Can you tell by looking at these babies just what they are?

I figure someone on this forum will have grown these and will recognize them. I want to be sure and put them in the appropriate places in my yard.

They are either Cleome or Brown-Eyed Susan or Sweet Autumn Clematis

Photobucket

And here's another batch of different seedlings that I think are not rudbeckia

Photobucket

Thanks for your help
Susie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yvonne - Can you ID?

Susie, I think first one is Cleome...second one looks like hibiscus/mallow, if you don't get any help here post on Name that Plant, good you have so many plants sprouting!
http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/namegal/

o

i agree with grannieb that the first is cleome and unsure of the other....i am not a name that sprout kind of girl. more of a name that flower kind of girl lol. they all are looking really good!!! glad you had success with them.

o
wow

grannieb that is pretty impressive...can you come over to my yard and differentiate what is coming up...i'll make a good supper and we can play name that seedling lol. what i suggest is to google image the name you think it is with seedling behind the name and see what you get...dont remember what all i sent you. have done a ton of trades and ton of newbie packs...sorry i was not more help :( although my guess is grannieb is probably spot on!!!

o

Lol...would be good sitting in the garden shade, sipping a cold drink, you bring lap top and we'll google away, have lots to learn, easy to id these, good to grow popular plants.

GB

o

Thanks!
I will keep them potted up and post pics again when they get bigger.

Susie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here