Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mother Earth News Blurb

Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 26, 08 at 21:33

Hi,
I just got my new ME News today. In the country lore tips column, a Colleen from Mich. wrote in a suggestion of using seed exchanges and named GW's in particular. I wonder how much more new traffic this will generate.
Remy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mother Earth News Blurb

Is that good thing or a bad thing I wonder? Hopefully good,maybe it will bring some new folks with some great seeds to trade into the mix! :)

o

That's my hope to, pretty nice publicity :)I enjoy helping newbies and sharing seeds. Even though I'm still pretty new myself!:)

o

Let's hope even more traffic...the more the merrier. We can all work together to get them newbies broken in right, and soon addicted to trading/collecting/growing seeds.

I can/will address the no email addy link to them...even if it is in the middle of a thread...if'n everyone feels that would be all right to explain there, how to get it set up.

Someone else could help with building Seed Trade Lists...even if it is only the Seeds Wanted part.
Someone else could address answering to sase/sasbe offers, and explain a bit about how they work...or link to an explanation thread.
Someone else could encourage them to fill in their location, and fill out a little blurb on their member page, maybe sharing a bit about hin/herself, gardening style, likes/dislikes, how they got interested in gardening, gardening challenges, sun/shade, etc.

Anything else?

Sue...rbb

o

You should do the emails,blurb thing,I will take the SASBE,list thing,I am sure Kathy or Kym wouldnt mind doubling up with one of us? Maybe each one of them would be the back up for one of us,for example if Kym,were to also do sase and lists ,when I am not available she could be there and vice versa?...Kathy? Kym?...lol...we need more rbb's!!!!!...lol...boy are we terrible...lol...our addictions go way beyond seeds...lol...

o

LOL! I'm in, just tell me which to pounce on! I'm there :)

Kathy

o
RE: Mother Earth News Blurb:0

Okay, this is too funny. I just posted the above, then got an email from someone joining in my After Dark RR, she hadn't posted to the thread, just sent me all her info. Looked her up, and she had NO info, no blurb, no email, no trade or wants list. So I passed along the info and copied Sue's email guide to another email to her :)

Kathy

o
RE: Mother Earth News Blurb 2

Now it's official! Kathy is a rbb too! Woo-Hoo!

o

who better?? she's a really nice person!! LOL she did a really great job on the round robin!! :')) **big hug** i told ya you could do a good job!! that's what i'm good at!! LOL uhhh telling people they can do good at something!! :')) tabor and talla were doing chest bumps tonight, uhhh they are boy and gir. weird kids!! LOL
ok back to the point, here, ummm i tell everyone i talk to hey you ought to check out gardenweb!! its sooo cool!! thing is, 9/10's of my friends are on here. LOL i like that, all the other people are so "fake" or something or another. my mom hates that i'm like that in my opinion of some people. i tell her, ya but, these people i have a connection with! we have an interest in the same thing!! they understand it when i call my plants my babies, or something like that!! LOL and i'm not such a freak!! LOL :')) or weird!! HEE HEE of course my mom thinks i'm nuts in a good way!! LOL ** big grinn** LOL

o

Awww, thanks Michele, but you still have no clue how much I fretted over that box! I'm just glad she enjoyed it! Now I'm hosting a RR :)

Angie, I guess so LOL I'm one of those OCD peeples that likes to see things done and I want newbies to fit in :) I think I'd been here about two weeks and started helping other newbies :)

I agree, I tell lots of people about GW and how wonderful the people are here. It's one of my favorite places to hang out on the internet! And I've made so many wonderful friends here! I just think it's great that it's getting the publicity!

Kathy

o

Ok then Michele you are the resident cheer leader!
Kids are silly little things sometimes! They amuse so easily...lol...imagine if you and hubby did that! People would call 911 and accuse you of being on something,like MG's,,,lol...
Yes this is a great place for friends we completely understand some things about eachother that others dont...lol..I am nuts in a "good" way too...at least that is the way I see it!;)

o

WOO HOO a cheerleader!! boy my mom would be sooo proud of me! LOL :'))

o

LOL.....GO TEAM!!!!...lol...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here