Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
remy_gw

Mother Earth News Blurb

remy_gw
16 years ago

Hi,

I just got my new ME News today. In the country lore tips column, a Colleen from Mich. wrote in a suggestion of using seed exchanges and named GW's in particular. I wonder how much more new traffic this will generate.

Remy

Comments (12)

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Is that good thing or a bad thing I wonder? Hopefully good,maybe it will bring some new folks with some great seeds to trade into the mix! :)

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago

That's my hope to, pretty nice publicity :)I enjoy helping newbies and sharing seeds. Even though I'm still pretty new myself!:)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

Let's hope even more traffic...the more the merrier. We can all work together to get them newbies broken in right, and soon addicted to trading/collecting/growing seeds.

I can/will address the no email addy link to them...even if it is in the middle of a thread...if'n everyone feels that would be all right to explain there, how to get it set up.

Someone else could help with building Seed Trade Lists...even if it is only the Seeds Wanted part.
    Someone else could address answering to sase/sasbe offers, and explain a bit about how they work...or link to an explanation thread.
    Someone else could encourage them to fill in their location, and fill out a little blurb on their member page, maybe sharing a bit about hin/herself, gardening style, likes/dislikes, how they got interested in gardening, gardening challenges, sun/shade, etc.

Anything else?

Sue...rbb

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

You should do the emails,blurb thing,I will take the SASBE,list thing,I am sure Kathy or Kym wouldnt mind doubling up with one of us? Maybe each one of them would be the back up for one of us,for example if Kym,were to also do sase and lists ,when I am not available she could be there and vice versa?...Kathy? Kym?...lol...we need more rbb's!!!!!...lol...boy are we terrible...lol...our addictions go way beyond seeds...lol...

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago

LOL! I'm in, just tell me which to pounce on! I'm there :)

Kathy

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago

Okay, this is too funny. I just posted the above, then got an email from someone joining in my After Dark RR, she hadn't posted to the thread, just sent me all her info. Looked her up, and she had NO info, no blurb, no email, no trade or wants list. So I passed along the info and copied Sue's email guide to another email to her :)

Kathy

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Now it's official! Kathy is a rbb too! Woo-Hoo!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

who better?? she's a really nice person!! LOL she did a really great job on the round robin!! :')) **big hug** i told ya you could do a good job!! that's what i'm good at!! LOL uhhh telling people they can do good at something!! :')) tabor and talla were doing chest bumps tonight, uhhh they are boy and gir. weird kids!! LOL
    ok back to the point, here, ummm i tell everyone i talk to hey you ought to check out gardenweb!! its sooo cool!! thing is, 9/10's of my friends are on here. LOL i like that, all the other people are so "fake" or something or another. my mom hates that i'm like that in my opinion of some people. i tell her, ya but, these people i have a connection with! we have an interest in the same thing!! they understand it when i call my plants my babies, or something like that!! LOL and i'm not such a freak!! LOL :')) or weird!! HEE HEE of course my mom thinks i'm nuts in a good way!! LOL ** big grinn** LOL

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago

Awww, thanks Michele, but you still have no clue how much I fretted over that box! I'm just glad she enjoyed it! Now I'm hosting a RR :)

Angie, I guess so LOL I'm one of those OCD peeples that likes to see things done and I want newbies to fit in :) I think I'd been here about two weeks and started helping other newbies :)

I agree, I tell lots of people about GW and how wonderful the people are here. It's one of my favorite places to hang out on the internet! And I've made so many wonderful friends here! I just think it's great that it's getting the publicity!

Kathy

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Ok then Michele you are the resident cheer leader!
    Kids are silly little things sometimes! They amuse so easily...lol...imagine if you and hubby did that! People would call 911 and accuse you of being on something,like MG's,,,lol...
    Yes this is a great place for friends we completely understand some things about eachother that others dont...lol..I am nuts in a "good" way too...at least that is the way I see it!;)

• medontdo
    16 years ago

WOO HOO a cheerleader!! boy my mom would be sooo proud of me! LOL :'))

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

LOL.....GO TEAM!!!!...lol...

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor