Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
atticville

Where do I post good happy trades?

atticville
14 years ago

My first trade turned bad, But!!! Thankfully I had 2 wonderful traders follow thru with swell results! I know there is a thread to brag about your seed trade friends, but I can't find it... Help???

Comments (7)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I know you are thinking of The Rate and Review Forum. It includes reviews of Member trades that are both good and bad.
    There are instructions at the top of the page, but they are often overlooked and are not very explanatory about how to look for an existing member review thread (which search box to use, since there are 3 and only one will yield results for just that forum)
    There is to be one ongoing review thread for each member, so that is why it is needed to do a search there.

Instructions for the Forum with some additional explanation and tips.

Rate & Review

Make Rate and Review your friend, both before and after trades. It might help you to avoid a disappointing trader.

hth.

chemocurl...aka Sue

• atticville
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Sue! I finally figured it out(I think) and have posted reviews for my fabulous and (one) not-so-fab trades.
    But I need to go back to the links you suggested and learn more about searching(again, Thanks!)
    Just curious... Why post before the trade is complete?

14 years ago

Why post before the trade is complete?
    Are you maybe questioning why I suggested to make "Make Rate and Review your friend, both before and after trades."

I meant to check it 'before' trading to possibly ward off entering into a trade with a member who has disappointed others in the past. If history repeats itself, the member will disappoint you too.

Sue

• atticville
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yep, that's what I questioned, suppose I need to really read and find out how to search all that with the link you've provided! I try searching, but it's gotten confusing and often leads to no matches. I also am wondering why you would review someone before the trade? Does that make sense? I have seen a few reviews from people posted before the trade was complete, like:"So excited to trade with this so-and-so! Even though no seeds have been put in the mailbox. Teach Me Teach Me!! I promise I'll go back to the links you provided and try to learn more. Sue, Thank you!! KK

14 years ago

Oh atticville,

I love a newbie (or someone who is 'newer') who is determined to learn and get it right.

I try searching, but it's gotten confusing and often leads to no matches.
    That means there has not been a review thread started for that member and also that that member has not left any reviews for anyone else.
    Here, try this. Go to the R and R forum and do a search using the search box found just below the list of threads there on page one and do a search for fictitious member joeblowxyz. You will find that there are no search results, thus there has not been a thread started for him yet and he has never written a review for anyone either.

Ok...if you use the search box found just below the list of threads on page one of any forum, it will bring up matches for just that forum alone. Don't use any of the other Search Boxes as they will bring up results for the whole GW site.

If you go to Rate and Review and fill in a member's name (exactly as it appears on their Member Page), if there is a review for them, it will be the very first result shown and the Member Name will be in the Subject of Posting Line.

If you go to the R and R forum, and put your name in the Search Box found just below the list of threads on page one there, the search results will show 5 threads, at this time. The first one will have your name in the Subject of Posting line, this is the review thread for you. The other 4 threads in the search results are threads where you have posted a review for another member, so it looks like you got the hang of it on those 4 anyway.

Now do a search on my name in that searchbox found just below the list of threads on page one. (YIKES!) You will see there are lots of matches. The only actual review thread for me, is the first one...the one with 'my' name in the Subject of Posting line. The other threads are where I have left reviews to others or else have posted to threads when a new thread was started even though there was an existing thread, attempting to get members to add to the original review thread as opposed to starting a new thread for a member when there was already an existing one....Per the Forum Instructions (which a lot of members that are new to the Rate and Review Forum miss: To create the best user experience, please keep all reviews for a particular member in one thread and before posting a new thread, use the forum's search feature to see if one has already been started. .

I also am wondering why you would review someone before the trade? Does that make sense? I have seen a few reviews from people posted before the trade was complete, like:"So excited to trade with this so-and-so! Even though no seeds have been put in the mailbox. Teach Me Teach Me!!
    Ok...reviews like ""So excited to trade with this so-and-so!" I'm sure are confusing. In my opinion, they are not actual reviews but just posts made by members who are particularly excited about getting to trade with so and so, who has a lot of good reviews. It is sort of like jumping the gun and putting the cart before the horse and imho aren't really reviews, but really do no harm either.

Sue...who has had too much coffee already....

{{gwi:27158}}

• atticville
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you Sue, I need to find out how to get a notification of reply post! Have had some Amazing trades on this site and a few scams. But, The amazing people make it worth while!
    You have broken down my questions and answered them precisely!! I Love You!

13 years ago

Thank you Sue,
    You're welcome.

I need to find out how to get a notification of reply post!
    You can only get a notification of replies to a thread if you are the OP (original poster), ie the one who starts the thread. When you start the thread and type your message into the box, and there is a line below the box that says, "Check here if you would like copies of follow-ups to your message emailed to you." You must check the box at that time as it cannot be checked once you Submit your message for posting.

Have had some Amazing trades on this site and a few scams.
    I see you have posted some positive reviews, and though posting something negative is no real fun, hopefully you can post 'just the facts' about any bad trades too.

Sue...resident busy body

Sponsored