Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I bought an inexpensive greenhouse tonight WM

Posted by kvalentz 5- NE Ohio (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 11, 08 at 23:03

I just came from Wallmart and bought a 64 inch tall, 4 shelf / tier metal greenhouse with plastic zippered outer shell for 39 bucks, whoohooo! It was a great deal, and we bought "under the cabinet" florescent lights for 7 bucks a piece and hung them in there from the shelves. Now, if I can just figure out what seeds I want to plant, lol. I can never decide. I have checked greenhouses like this out on the web, but when you add in the S&H it was always way too expensive. If you are in the market for one of these, check it out. I guess I am supposed to say something like "I get no profit from saying this?" lol Well I don't.
Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: greenhouse

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I bought an inexpensive greenhouse tonight WM

Thanks so much for the heads up..I just spent 15.00 there for a shelf unit..guess the GH would of been so much better...good luck with picking the seeds...I have been putting my hand in the container, and pulling one out, and that is the one I have to plant..cause if I look thru them..I spend too much time trying to decide. ( I have the perennials seperate from annuals)

Enjoy your new GH !! How exciting !

o

Ohhhhhhh I'll have to check that out. I need one !

o

Check out Lowe's also. I saw them for $34.99. I cannot afford one this year but I am hoping they either go on a really good sale or hopefully there will be some left and clearanced out.

I am putting together a makeshift greenhouse using 2 of my husbands saw horses. I am spacing them about 7 ft apart. I put 2 2x4's across and them tarped with clear plastic. Right now I will have to move things in and out of the house but it didn't cost me anything and should help get things going a little earlier.

I also "borrowed" 2 of his shop lights and hung them over a shelf in the basement to extend the daylight to get my little babies off to a good start.

So glad you found your little greehouse though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here