Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tamela_star

Just wondering...

tamela_star
16 years ago

Anybody else pregnant and gardening? Or has anybody done any gardening while pregnant? I'm 6 months along and I don't want to miss out on this year! I even want to extend my garden but will put that off until fall, unless I can get my friend to do it for me. BTW I'm not high risk or anything or else I wouldn't be doing this.

Comments (9)

• medontdo
    16 years ago

i'd say exsercise is good as long as you don't do any heavy lifting, i helped my mom while i was pregnant after i got rid of the morning sickness.

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

When we first bought this house I was in my 5th month,I couldn't resist ,putting in a few small beds. I just took my time and let DH do the heavy stuff. Just don't over do it with the shovel or lifting,other than that have a blast! :)

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Oh and one more thing,no chemicals!...of course! :)

• tamela_star
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm not one to do heavy shoveling anyway. It's the weeding that kills my back! This year I'm doing a few containers, Vines along the fences, and small seeds to put in my flower beds. Hopefully, everything will be looking great by summer! I am still planning to use Miracle grow. I can't live w/o that stuff anymore, but I won't be using insecticide sprays. I'm a little over 6 months now. Not miserable yet! Thanks guys! : )

• girlsingardens
    16 years ago

I have gardened with all 3 of my other pregnancies and plan on doing the same this time around. I am only 7 weeks so won't bee to big this summer. But I was out 9 months pregnant on my hands and knees weeding the veggie garden ( believe me having the pressure off of my belly and letting it hang down felt so good. I say go for it, just don't over do. The biggest thing is watching to make sure you don't get overheated. Drink lots of water, and garden in the morning or late afternoon. If you have any questions let me know. My first three were June and July babies, and this one will come in November. So I was gardening and canning when I was big as a house.

Stacie

• tamela_star
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Congratulations! I hope your pregnancy goes well! Mine has been going by so fast, and I think it's b/c of my 3 yr old keeping me busy. He likes to garden too!

• girlsingardens
    16 years ago

Tamela,

I have a 4 yr old, 2 yr old and an 8 month old, and no this isn't an oops baby:) I had my tubes tied, clipped and the pieces were sent to pathology to make sure that they were the fallopian tubes. Well my monthly was late, so took 3 tests and they went straight to positive. Just found out today that I am due November 14th. I hope it goes good, I was on bed rest for 6 weeks before with the last 2 and had trouble with the first but not as bad. For me gardening gets me through, even though my house might be a mess my gardens always look good.

Stacie

• tamela_star
    Original Author
    16 years ago

If God wants you to have a baby it will happen no matter what you do to prevent it. We planned for a June baby but it didn't quite happen that way. Now I am so happy to be having a July baby! I'm 25 weeks today! : ) I can't wait to see her! Now that it's getting nice outside, my house will be a mess, but my garden will look good! LOL I thought I was the only one! Have you been to the i-village pregnancy boards? I go to the due-date buddies and talk to other july mommies there. Everybody is very friendly too!

• girlsingardens
    16 years ago

Temela,

Funny DH was just on my case about getting the house cleaned because he knew that if it was nice out that I would be outside playing. Well guess what the house is a mess right now and I am outside with dirty fingers cleaning out my flower beds.

Stacie

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living