Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Daffodils-the ones that were not 'show worthy'

Last Saturday was the first of the local Daffodil Shows, and my very first show to enter. Thursday I went out and picked multiple blooms, either for entering the show, or to get some pics of the individual blooms for my records.

Here is a bouquet of the ones that did not make the cut to be exhibited. Aren't they all beautiful though anyway?

The pic would have been much better during the day with natural light.

{{gwi:15008}}

Fri eve, I changed my mind about showing any daffs but was going to the show anyway. I was encouraged to come early, and was told I could watch the many exhibitors prepare their entries and help. Sat morning before I left I went out to the garden and picked several NO ID daffs in the hopes of maybe getting a couple of them identified. When I got to the show, 2 daffs were immediately identified, and I was encouraged to enter them. With some help, I got the entry cards filled out with the appropriate info, and got them placed in the right class.

One bloom won a first place and the other won a second place. I was so surprised and so pleased. Now that I have one show under my belt, I am looking forward to the next one which is next Thursday.

Here is a couple of pics (from last year) of the daff I finally got named. It is a pre 1731 daff named Orange Phoenix. It won a first place in its class.

{{gwi:10767}}

{{gwi:15006}}

Sue

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting