Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adventures with Jordan

Posted by plant-one-on-me MI 5b (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 29, 08 at 1:42

I had my granddaughter overnight again this weekend and of course we were out doing yard work. She is such a great little helper! I was planting and trimming and she was raking and gathering up the cuttings. She usually puts them in a bucket and then dumps them in the compost bin. I told her when were were all done we would go to the nursery to look around, she LOVES to go around sniffing all the flowers.

When we got ready to leave, she grabbed her little backpack to take along which she often does. While at the nursery, she started talking to one of the workers (this child is a huge talker!). Next thing I know the girl (who I later found out was the manager) asks me if Jordan can plant up a pot of marigolds. She wanted to give them to her. I asked why and Julie (as I found out her name) said because Jordan made her laugh and made a bad day much better. You see, Jordan had collected up all the clippings and put them in her backpack and taken them to the nursery. She told the ladie that she needed new flowers "because mines is broke". She then showed her all the clippings in her backpack!

As you all can probably tell by now this is so much of the reason I love to have her around...she makes me smile. I wish she could always maintain such innocence but someday I am sure she will outgrow it. But at least for now I can enjoy. Kim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adventures with Jordan

she sounds absolutely adorable! You're doing her the greatest favor by involving her in your gardening. My grandmother was why I garden today.

o

Oh Kim that little girl is so wonderful! The idea of what was going through her mind when she collected those clippings is precious! I am betting Jordan will always be this way,not every child her age is as involved as she is,some people are just born with the knack for gardening and I bet she is one of them! :) Thanks for sharing these moments with us,I really love hearing of your adventures together! :)

o

Too cute!

o

awww that is too cute! i have a lil helper in the gardens too, they make gardening more fun:)

i got my love of gardening from my gram too;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here