Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plant_one_on_me

Adventures with Jordan

plant-one-on-me
15 years ago

I had my granddaughter overnight again this weekend and of course we were out doing yard work. She is such a great little helper! I was planting and trimming and she was raking and gathering up the cuttings. She usually puts them in a bucket and then dumps them in the compost bin. I told her when were were all done we would go to the nursery to look around, she LOVES to go around sniffing all the flowers.

When we got ready to leave, she grabbed her little backpack to take along which she often does. While at the nursery, she started talking to one of the workers (this child is a huge talker!). Next thing I know the girl (who I later found out was the manager) asks me if Jordan can plant up a pot of marigolds. She wanted to give them to her. I asked why and Julie (as I found out her name) said because Jordan made her laugh and made a bad day much better. You see, Jordan had collected up all the clippings and put them in her backpack and taken them to the nursery. She told the ladie that she needed new flowers "because mines is broke". She then showed her all the clippings in her backpack!

As you all can probably tell by now this is so much of the reason I love to have her around...she makes me smile. I wish she could always maintain such innocence but someday I am sure she will outgrow it. But at least for now I can enjoy. Kim

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?