Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bigred_gw

I'm back.....Again and hopefully for good!

bigred
16 years ago

What a trip! My old computer finally drew it's last shuttering breath. I've been off-line for about 3 months!...EEK!...but now I have a brand spankin' new,out-of-the-box puter instead of a pawn shop clunker or somebody's hand-me-down.

PP

Comments (8)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

I'd been thinking about you and wondering if maybe you were having problems posting again or something.

So glad you are back...complete with a brand spanking new computer. How cool is that!? What did you get?

Sue...rbb

• booberry85
    16 years ago

How rude of your computer to do that, especially during seed quest and seed starting season!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

YAY!!! its so nice to see you back again!! :'))
    ya, we learned our lesson the hard way about the pawn shop ones, eeks!! not only exspensive but what comes on them too!! eyeeeeyyyeee ohh my!! cover the kids's eye's!! sosoo not an LOL but did score some cool music!! LOL at least he had some good taste in music!! LOL

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Woo-Hoo! I was just thinking about you the other day when my Toadlilies sprouted! So glad you are back!:)

• bigred
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey gang!
    Good to be back. I'm still learning this 'puter. Emachine from Best Buy.I LUV the new flat screen. .....AND I have sound again! Hard to play games without the sound so ya can talk back and bad mouth the bad guys...LOL.

Speaking of seeds. I need to update my trade page. I've got so many of my seeds surplus and from trading,left over after winter sewing. I never be able to so many use in my life time. Greenhouse is burstin' at the seams with new seedlings. Some will be sold at FM but a lot will replace plantings on west side of the house. Lost tons after my water source on that side broke and they died in the heat and drought of the passed 2 summers...but hub's says wait until he installs sprinkler system so he doesn't have to dig anything up.He dug up my new foundation plantings twice last fall fixing our septic system. Just tossed the blasted shrubs on top of the ground. Covered up some of the smaller shrubs when he back filled the hole but I was able to dig them out with no harm. The plumbago,I do not believe will be able to come back up thru the additional dirt. Thank goodness I have plenty in another bed I can dig up and transplant.

P

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

The new computer sounds great! I am sure you are loving it! :)
    My page is way out of date too...something I swore I would never do...lol...we will catch up eventually! Like you I have seeds and seedlings coming out of my ears! My friends kid dug up alot of my dreaded Bishops Weed for me today,such a saint! I am ditching most of it,I passed some on to my friend for a hillside she has that they dont want to invest much into,and are tired of risking their lives to mow.I really loathe that stuff as pretty as it is,but it can serve a purpose for some! I am still catching up on my ws'ing,down to annuals mostly,saving the perennials I have left for last.
    Sounds like your hubby is keeping you a busy girl!...lol...
    It is so nice to see your name here again,I was wondering if you had just given up on GW after the nightmare some of us had been dealing with. I still haven't emailed GW directly since,I am to chicken too!

• bigred
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Everybody complains about bishop weed but I never could get it to grow...but chamelon weed...now that's a a whole 'nuther story.Can't get rid of that mess.

Hub's makes messes for me to clean up but he does good too ...sometimes. I'm getting another faux cobble stone pathway because he's building a neighbor a storm cellar and needed somewhere to put the surplus concrete when he poured the floor. I have 2/3rds of a pathway now and will have the other third when he pours the top on the storm cellar.He's going to pour a floor in our dog pen too so the dogs don't get dirty digging holes,track it in the house and up on the furniture.

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

My Mom says the same thing about Bishops weed,she is in NC. I dig some up for her every year and she takes it home and it slowly dies from there! It rarely returns the next year and if it does it is a small piece,I told her it is probably better that way anyway,very few plants can make it through the "canopy" to survive,and it lets nothing reseed,which is sometimes good and sometimes bad.Than there is the rust,I cut it back twice a year because no matter where it is it gets that awful rust. It is pretty,but something I could live without in my gardens. Now maybe in a container it would behave,I haven't noticed any reseeding,just root propagation.

Mine makes the messes also,but like yours always seems to make up for it in some other way. He ripped the shed down in less than an hour,it would have taken me days to get that baby down!

LOL....dogs do love the dirt don't they? Having the cement floor will also help with fleas, roundworm and other parasites also. We had to pen our dog when he was around for the same reason,he was a Boxer and loved to eat dirt...lol..he was always getting little pimple like things around his mouth,dropping clumps of moist dirt all over from his mulls and than there was the paw fulls of dirt he would bring in ,the pen was a life saver! :)

Sponsored