Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
O.T. Can I have some advice, quickly..LOL

Posted by flwrs4ever 7 R.I. (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 11, 08 at 11:04

Hello my friends...I just saw a greenhouse with the PVC pipes on clearance at the store near me...It is a good price...I just NEED to know...are they worth buying ??
Will it just sit in the yard ?? What do you use it for if it goes up in the spring, and down in the fall ??

I need advice and FAST...there were only TWO left...thanks friends for enabling me...I posted here since I know a lot of you check this area..hope ya dont mind..I like to ask my SMART friends...LOL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: O.T. Can I have some advice, quickly..LOL

all I know, if I could get a greenhouse, it would be here! Could it be used for winter sowing? Probably not much help..but that's my input..."S"

o

• Posted by susanc Z9/Sunset 17 CA (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 11, 08 at 11:46

I have one of those 4 shelf mini greenhouses, and I've been using it a lot. It is on the side of my house in front of our furnace's exhaust pipe. The exhaust gets it warm enough in there that I can get a month or so head start on warm germinators and tomatoes. It is in a fairly narrow space between 2 houses, so I don't have to worry about it overheating due to direct sunlight.

o

GO FOR IT

seems to be the thoughts of the group here.

Sue...rbb

o

Sue..you really crack me up!!!

o

I am happy to crack someone up. It is part of my duties as resident busy body, you know....

Sue...who learned a little of the simplest HTML at The Test Forum

o

i'd be soooo there!! LOL :'))

o

I have a green house and it is my sanity in the winter (which is relatively short here) I can go out for an hour or two and putter and I am then much more productive at the rest of my life.

o

Ok, I ran back and bought it...thanks so much for the enabling...I appriciate it...LOL

love2garden...what kind of greenhouse do you have ?

Sue, so glad to see HTML is amusing you..LOL Isnt it fun to learn something neW??

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU !

o

I need advice and FAST...there were only TWO left...thanks friends for enabling me.
I thought it a bit funny that you even considered and took the time to ask here....haven't you been enabled enough to know what we would reply?

Sue

o

Sue, I was struggling with spending the money, esp if it was something that I was gonna put up and not use...I was trying to figure out why someone would have a GH in the spring and summer...I would think they would be best to have one that is good for the winter...so I wanted your advice..and reassurance that I should have one...LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here