Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (26)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

Whoo-Hoo!

You were not alone.

Littleone_fb (Fran) is also having problems similar to yours.

I sent her a copy of what Tamara sent us, along with the email addy. She was able to email her...don't know why you weren't.

Anyway, hope you are all fixed up...but don't hesitate to holler if you have further problems and don't have any other lifeline.

Sue...rbb

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I can post, but not email. I will clear out cache when I get home. Thanks for all your help.

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

Here goes my try at 2:30 am on Tuesday. Just got a chance to get on now, hubby has been doing the taxes.

If this works will try to post on a couple of other forums.

Sue, if it doesn't work, you will be hearing from me for more help.

Fran

15 years ago

Fran, Since I have not heard from you (yet) does that mean you are up and still running?

I hope bakemom is also and checks in with us. I see she has not chosen to have the follow-up replies emailed to her.

Sue

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I can post, but I haven't cleared my cache yet. I'm going to call home and see if my son will do it for me. i was too frazzled last night after work.

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

Sue, I'm up and running today. cleared the cache and all GW cookies before I tried anything today.

Received and e-mail from Tamara late this afternoon. She was checking in to be sure all was ok and believes that the spam filter was turned off.

Bakemom, check in with us and tell us you are OK too.

Fran

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

My son is clearing my cookies for me b/c I am a computer idiot. I will let you know when he does that. I can post of course and posted a veggie offer on the exchange.

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

Yeah, bakemom is back.

Trust me, the kids know more about computers and what to do than the rest of us will ever know.

Fran

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

My son is off to another Blue Jackets game and didn't get a chance to work on my computer. If they win, I believe they are headed to the playoffs. Nevertheless, I got a veggie offering posted and filled today, so all is well.

15 years ago

hhhmmm...Karyn1 emailed me this AM with the same exact problem as Fran and bakemom had...being unable to post (take you to the main GW page I think) and not able to use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

After emptying her cache (clearing history) she is back up and running.

So...in the event anyone experiences the same problem, try clearing your cache. If that does not work, or you are unsure how to clear your cache, drop me an email. I will be in and out today though.

Sue...resident busy body

• karyn1
    15 years ago

I was just about to post but Sue beat me to it. Thank goodness she was able to tell me what to do to resolve the problem. I was experiencing GW posting withdrawl. LOL

15 years ago

I was experiencing GW posting withdrawl.
    It is an awful feeling, isn't it? I get it when I am on vacation and away from a computer. Occasionally I will 'pay to play' a short bit at an internet cafe, or a library. It's usually pretty costly though, so I limit what I spend and just figure it as a little entertainment expense while vacationing.

Sue

• karyn1
    15 years ago

That's why you need a laptop with a card. lol My teenage son and I were both going away at the same time and were arguing over who got to take the laptop with them. Guess who won that one? :)

• karyn1
    15 years ago

That's why you need a laptop with a card. lol My teenage son and I were both going away at the same time and were arguing over who got to take the laptop with them. Guess who won that one? :)

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

trying to see if the block is lifted

Fran

15 years ago

Whoo-Hoo...Fran is back!

Did GwTamara email you, or did you just keep trying?

• littleonefb
    15 years ago

tamara e-mailed me that she got me back on.

this is getting to be a royal pain folks.

Fran

14 years ago

testing.......

• karyn1
    14 years ago

It happened again!

14 years ago

Hi Karyn,

Did you hear anything more from (GW)Tamara this AM? Are all of the computers working now?

Glad you are back up and running.

Sue

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Trudi was off. I emailed T and it's hopefully all better.

14 years ago

I am now among the ranks of getting locked out as I was locked out late last night after attempting to email a member via the GW form....which btw I hate using unless I have to as in they have their setting to show addy to No One.

Anywho...I emailed (gw)tamara, late last night and now seem to be fine. I explained it was right after trying to send an email...so hopefully that may help at narrowing down the problem.

Karyn, Fran, bakemom, Trudi, if it should happen again to you, please try and notice if it was after you used the GW email form....and include that in your email to (gw)tamara.

Sue...happy to be fixed. I was afraid I might go into GW withdrawal, and that is an very ugly sight I've been told...lol

• littleonefb
    14 years ago

Oh, Oh, Oh.

Sue, got blocked? Welcome to the club Sue, not a club you want to be a member of.

Interesting question though, did it happen to us after sending e-mail through GW form.

Well I can answer that one easily. It has happened when sending an e-mail to tamara using the "contact us" form.

I've had it happen when sending an e-mail to a member and I've had it happen when attempting to just post on a thread.

I've had it happen with any combination of the above too.

"GW withdrawal is a horrible experience. Hubby says I'm "not fit to live with".

Got to be a way to fix this problem.

Fran

14 years ago

Well, I got blocked a second time...really not sure what I did...and now am back up fine again.

Heading out to play, rather than maybe get in trouble here again right away.

"GW withdrawal is a horrible experience. Hubby says I'm "not fit to live with".
    Why do I not find that hard to believe?

Got your email Fran...and Thanks!

Sue

• littleonefb
    14 years ago

My pleasure Sue. You've helped us out, nice to have a turn to help you,

BUT, why does this keep happening?

Fran

14 years ago

It is my understanding that there is a problem with the Spam filter. It seems to dislike some of us more than others, thought we are not spammers. Anywho, they are attempting to get it fixed, and I kind of think of it like some mechanics do when they are trying to correct a problem with a car. A mechanic will replace parts until the problem is solved.
    The tech team replaces code (or something like that) until they find the problem has been corrected. Make sense?
    My guess is that there is no way of testing it other than finding out from us if it is still causing roblems....using the real world forums.
    Just my 'guesses' now ya know from what I have deduced via emails ...

Back to mowing, eating weeds, preening, spraying, etc.

S

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio