Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: does gerber daisy make seeds?

Posted by donnablue37 al (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 12, 06 at 13:47

i was wondring if you can get seeds from a gerber daisy.i picked the dead looking flowers off them and looks like there might be seed but i ant sure if it is seed or not.how can i tell if it is seed and how to i save them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: does gerber daisy make seeds?

Yes, they do! When you plucked off the dead flower, did it have dandelion-like white fluffy stuff? The seeds are brown bits at the bottoms of these fuzzy things. From what I understand, gerbera daisies are tricky from seed, but each flower yields lots of seed, so keep trying!
amanda 'romando'

o

I think mine seeded itself as this year I have more plants coming up half way across my yard..lol

o

thanks.yes i saw the seeds and gonna be watching them for all the blooms that fall off.i didnt know you could save them and have seed.

o

I am looking for some seeds

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here