Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally!!!

Posted by lindaruzicka Z6 PA (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 27, 08 at 14:25

I finally have the majority of rocks moved around!..."doing the rock dance" I outlined two new flowerbeds with the leftovers. I also outlined the beds that originally had the rocks in them..,"flexing muscle"...I think they look pretty nice. Now they'll be ready to plant. I'm planting some things that are okay with the colder night temps that we're still getting and moving around stuff that's coming up.

I also picked up two rod iron garden chairs on free cycle yesterday. They need some sanding and repainting but they'll look awesome when I get them finished....I just LOVE gardening season!!..."trying to wipe off dirty hands on pants"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally!!!

Woohoo! Way to go Linda! Us determined women gotta be PROUD! lol I've been pick-axe'ing my garden beds due to the lack of a tiller around here to use...lol

Congrats to you!
~Wendy / sassybutterfly_2008

o

OK Linda you have all your rocks taken care of, and since we are in the same state, maybe, you can come take care of mine?...lol...

o

Linda gotta watch that Angie, she is ALWAYS trying to get others to do her "dirty" work...LMAO !!

I am so glad to hear you are done, I started "adding" a few new rock borders this weekend...I just LOVE using rocks in the yard .

SOOO, where are the pictures ?? HUH ? HUH ??

o

in the next few days I'll have my niece and daughter post them..I'm clueless on how to do it!.."L". I'm really pleased with how it tuened out so far.

Angie, uhhhh...I'll pass..."L"

o

i using love rocks! i wanna see too! :)
putting rocks together is like putting a puzzle together sometimes!

o

i know, everyone "talks" about all these things, but ohhhhh nooooo no pics!!!!! LOL GEEZ LOL i want rocks!!!

o

Lol Linda,I thought thats what you would say! I actually just pulled a ton of them out of the ground where I am putting my veggie garden,not too sure where they are going as of yet, due to the fact that after winter they will be gravel. The sand stone I get alot of always comes out of the ground in one piece and than after the winter freezes it always breaks apart,so I wont border any gardens with these particular ones,I learned my lesson a few years ago on that. More than likely they will go under the pine tree with the rest!
I have an email all made up with instructions on how to post pics,if interested send me an email and I will send it your way! :)

Kym,you arent supposed to warn people about me...lol..how will I ever get anyone here to do all this stuff if you keep warning them...lol...

o

I have an email all made up with instructions on how to post pics,if interested send me an email and I will send it your way! :)
Why don't you start a new thread and post the info. I would love to see it and likely critique it. If something can be confusing, I can find it...lol

Hey...faver of y'all. How about every 3rd post or so, you maybe sign you post with your 'given' name...unless you are maybe very suspicious or private or something.

I find it hard to address folks when it is a member name...unless it is someone like Linda (L) or chrizty above.
Thank you Wendy! so much easier than addressing you as sassybutterfly_2008.

Who is Angie and Kym...you can see that someone new would not know this.

Sue...who has the crabbies today for some reason

o

Oh no! I am in a mood today also,yesterday it was so beautiful and today and the rest of the week is to be icky! Why does Maw Nature jerk us around like this?...lol

Ok I will see if I am able to post it being that it has a pic of one of the pics from my photobucket album in it. I found it was easier to explain if folks could see what I was talking about. I am assuming I would have to upload the email into photobucket if it allows me. Last time I tried to scan something (text,my sons hand written want list I wanted to share because it was oh so cute) and post it ,photobucket wouldn't let me upload it for some reason.This is the only reason I haven't posted it as of yet,I just send it to those that mention they have had problems with it. Give me a few and I will see what I can do!

o

okay, you guys post the instructions and I"ll have my daughter and niece read it and then they can show me.."L"

o

Ok,I use Photobucket:
http://photobucket.com/?link=topmenu
Photobucket was recommended to me by several people so that is what I went with.It is very easy to use. First of course you have to join,it is free.Then you upload your pics.Once you upload your pic will appear like this:

move : tag : edit : share : delete
*Picture Here *
Email & IM
Direct Link
HTML Code
IMG Code

Then all you do is click on the word" HTML Code",a little yellow box will appear,it will say "copied" then you just paste it to the "post a follow up" form to post the pic directly into the thread,if you want to create clickable thumbnails (preferred) you can select a picture from your album, and you will find options to create codes at the bottom of where your pictures are located,click on th option to generate codes,choose which set of codes you would like to use by clicking on it,you will see the little yellow copied box and than all you have to do is paste it into the body of the message form. If you want to edit it before posting,like say you want to resize it so it isn't gigantic,you click on "edit" which is located right above the pic.That will open up a new page,you will find options above your pic,one of them will be "resize",that will give you the option to resize it to what is appropriate for where you want to post,avatar size,thumbnail size or website/email,I always use the website/email option at GW. I re-started a thread awhile back on the gallery side of WS ,the one Don had started was full when I went to test it out before doing a real post,you can practice there.I will include the link.

I am by no means an expert at this,this is just the way I know how to do it,I am not familiar with any other way than photobucket,which I found to be very easy and user friendly. Good Luck to you!

OK Sue,what did I miss?...lol...laughing and ducking

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture test thread

o

theres a landscape design image gallery, could we post our pics in there of our rock scapes n such? is there a rule to how many pics are allowed?
i use photobucket n do the same , copy the HTML n just past it to my post. im gonna try the clickables, i like them better for dial uppers like me lol

christy :)

o

i learned to do the clickables yea me! lol
or you could put them in your photobucket n give a link too.
heres a link to mine , i got rocks n logs around the pond we did that last year, now im workin on the sides with my lil helper bb she's 5 lol its our play area.

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket shade area

o

chrizty everything is so neat! I would love to tour your gardens,seems like it would be like walking into a fairytale land! I almost expected to see a Unicorn sipping from your pond! Thanks for sharing,:)

o

:) thanks agirlsgirl, its a on-going project, but ya can tell i love rocks n whatever wood trees n braches i find thats fallin down in the spring, to use for landscapeing. i still have alot of work to do but that the fun part:)

o

I cant wait to see it when it's all done,make sure you keep us updated on your progress! :)
~Angie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here