Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

See my pussytoes!

{{gwi:30083}}

They are Antennaria, but I'm not sure which one.

Sue

Comments (13)

• lindaruzicka
    16 years ago

awwww..they're cute..you need to plant them next to cats and kittens..."G"

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Amazingly this is one I don't have! They are so cute,maybe we could set up a trade later on for some?

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Oh Sue, that looks soo pretty, AND you said you didnt have pictures to share !! I bet your beds look awesome sobs and all !

Ill be looking around for this one ...It looks so pretty !

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I bet your beds look awesome sobs and all !
    Heck...this colony is in the grass where mow....not in an area to even call their own.

I will plan to collect seed this season...never even thought about it b4...or can trade plants some later if anyone might be interested. i have lots, and they seem to have made 'natural' colonies in 4 places on the property here.

{{gwi:30084}}
    pic from a prev year....

Sue

• medontdo
    16 years ago

those are just adorable!! are they fragrant?? by chance??

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Sue If I have something you would be interested in, I would love to trade later...just let me know.

• ollierose
    15 years ago

Me too Sue! This would be great for the memorial garden for my late kitties! Please let me know if you'd like to trade in the fall.

Diana

• chrizty
    15 years ago

those are so cute!, i never seen them before.

Original Author
    15 years ago

They must be a little known wildflower. The link below shows several cute varieties that are found in Colorado. Some of them are 'pink' pussytoes...so sweet.

I did a search of members list to see if there was anyone 'wanting' them, and only 2 came up and they were wanting the pink ones specifically.

Genus: Antennaria

Here is a link that might be useful: Antennarias

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Alright, drat it, they've been talking about the Hairy Balls plants over on the RR side, and I can't fight the compulsion any more! I'm gonna make a Lewd Bed in the backyard. I've still got some garden barrier and Cliff rolled when I told him about the idea.

I'm looking into getting some HB seeds, and Sue, might I, when they're ready, get some of your Pussytoe seeds? I'd be happy to trade or do a SASBE for them.

I'm also gonna try to get some others to add to the bed. Any suggestions? Heheh, and I'm actually gonna get a bed frame and do a garden junk bed for this.

Kathy

Original Author
    15 years ago

Sure...if'n I get seeds, I can/will trade or share 'em.

Sue

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Kathy I told my friend i wanted to get the hairy balls and plant them in my Iris bed..( think visually) ROFLMBO !!

I think that would be such a hoot...I hope youll post pictures when you DO do the bed !!

Original Author
    15 years ago

Another 'interesting' and little known/talked about native is Devil's Walking Stick.

I have an aralia, but am not positive about which one...need to get an exact ID on it...and/or remove it from my trade page, if'n it is still there....sigh. I have seen blooms on these about 18 inches across...at a neighbor's where it got 'some' sun. I have only seen mine(in the woods) flower one time though....years ago.

Can anyone tell I am 'kind of into' natives? They are so carefree...never have to even think about watering them if they are in close to their natural habitat.

Here is a link that might be useful: Devil's walking stick Araliaceae Aralia spinosa L

Sponsored