Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just a Wave Hello

Posted by dan_the_mailman Michigan (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 4, 08 at 15:43

You guys, I can't express how much all your support these past few days has meant to me. Last night I got about 3 hours of sleep, spent the rest of it just thinking and petting the cats. Tonight I'm staying in, and tomorrow a friend is taking me out to dinner. Then Sunday, weather permitting, I'm gonna spend some time out in the dirt.
Anyway, I just wanted to "poke my head up", say hi, say thanks, and let you I'm still here and doing. Yep, doing. Doing okay, actually. Not great, but okay. I'll probably peek in on you guys some over the next few days, and then I'll be back full force.

CONSIDER THAT TO BE A WARNING, NOT A PROMISE...LOL!

Everyone take care, have a good weekend, and I'll see you soon!

(((hugs to all!)))

Dan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just a Wave Hello

(((hugs back atcha)))

Just had to share with you Dan, and the others here that I received your sasbe and got quite a chuckle out of it. I hope you do not mind me 'tellin one' on ya.

I received this rather fat bubblie (sp?) (that's what our mailman friend Dan calls 'em). Inside I find a funny cartoon, all the info I requested, and a nice note.
Also inside the bubblie, I find another bubblie with his postage and address label already attached. He sure took the term Self Addressed Bubblie Envelope to heart. I just had to laugh, considering just how confusing that term is, even to our mailman friend.

HAY Dan! Check out the thread on this board..."addressing newbie and newer member issues-first draft."

I thought it would be overkill to send it all to you in the email with my instructions. You made my day!

I have your MG together, and will get the rest finished up and out to you soon. I'll let you know once they are headed your way.

Have a great weekend too...hope you find out the specifics on planting parsnips...You might try doing a search at the link below, and/or asking about them if you don't find enough info. That board seems hoppin right now!

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Veggie Gardening Forum

o

(((((HUGS))))),I will be thinking of you this weekend!

And thanks for the warning! :)

o

Dan, thanks for the warning....We all look forward to picking on you...um...I mean talking with you...when you come back on..

Enjoy your dinner...and know we are all thinging of you.

o

Have a fun weekend and we'll be waiting when you come back :) Personally I'm a little under the weather, so I'm probably gonna either laze in the house or outside if it's warm enough. Cliff's taking me to the medieval faire on Sunday in Norman, so I've gotta be better by then!

Hugs,
Kathy

o

We have been warned and forearmed..."hiding bulb digger behind back."

o

Did ya plant those moneyplant seeds yet Dan? :P Darn things never gave me any money...just more seeds :)

So.. are we gonna see pics of the 'Death of the Lawn'? lol

~Wendy

o

Dan, You and I haven't traded yet but I wanted to say hello and to let you know that you live in a beautiful part of the world. My former in-laws have a house out on Old Mission on the sunset side of the pennisula. What a wonderful place! Hope everything's better for you and maybe we'll do a trade soon. Take care, Ann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here