Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please never do this

Posted by ymaddox ky 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 15, 12 at 17:54

trade seeds and put them in tea bag papers...they split down the side and the seeds end up everywhere. plastic 2X2 bags are cheaply available on ebay or think someone said in the wedding things at walmart. Dont remember who i traded with that done this, but would not mention names anyway as they just may not know. but for future reference this is a really bad idea lol :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please never do this

FYI In the craft section of Walmart they sell 100 of the small bags with zippers for $1.00

o

On occasion, if I'm out of plastic baggies, I use tea bag envelopes, but always tape the sides before mailing.

o

unless you tape all edges they come apart and the seeds spill everywhere.

o

Craft stores sell the plastic bags also, like Michaels, Jo-Ann's and Hobby Lobby

o

Recently i have received several trades of precious adenium seeds shipped in regular letter envelopes with a scrap of bubble wrap to protect them. They were all flattened and killed by the p.o. machine. Since we are on the subject of inadequate shipping containers I want to inform the rash of people who think this is a good way to ship that even if the seeds appear to be intact they can be cracked and useless. Please never do this! I for one intend to post negative reviews when short changed in this manner . I always use bubble envys and expect the same from those I make a deal with.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here