Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Magazines?

Posted by dan_the_mailman Michigan (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 14, 08 at 18:07

I was just cleaning out my magazine rack as a break from doing my taxes, and came across a pile of gardening magazines, which makes me wonder something. What gardening magazines does everyone prefer? And no, seed catalogs don't count for this question.....lol!
In my mailbox, I get the following...
Birds and Blooms
Gardening How-To
Country Gardens
Garden Gate

-Dan, S.G.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Magazines?

So, it's April 14th and you are still working on your taxes? Hmmm.

Who has time for gardening magazines? Since finding this site my free time is spent reading the forums, making spreadsheets for my seeds, wintersowing, getting the flower beds ready, getting ready for wintersowing, checking on new plant growth, perusing the internet about different plants, planning out the flower beds, thinking of better ways to do the previous mentioned things, and on and on.

o

Southern Living and BHG ... LOVE them!! I love to get old ones from freecycle and just tear out all the gardening stuff... somehow in my mind, that's kinda/sorta de-cluttering my clutter... (????????yea RIGHT!)
Anywho.. did ya plant those moneyplants yet Dan? Might help w/ ur taxes.. *snickers (so bad I know I know.. it's late lol )

~Wendy

o

organic gardening!!
backyard living is pretty cool too, but my mil gives me her birds in bloom when she's done and i like it also!! LOL :'))
i like the projects they have in backyard living, it helps with the homeschooling for the kiddo's!! LOL if they are small enough :'))

o

I read all the ones you do Dan...I still like holding a paper magazine and drinking my tea and browsing..."L" In fact, I picked up "Garden Structures" because I'm toying with the idea of an arch or something along that line..

o

Dan and I have a lot in common. I would rather do anything in the world other than my taxes. Mid April is the only time of year that everything in my home is clean just to get me away from the taxes.
I used to do Bird's and Bloom but I never had the time to read them and after a couple of years of them piling up I discontinued my sub.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here