Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trading etiquette question

Posted by ronnie17 z6 PA. (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 13, 08 at 19:14

I recently bought some JMG seeds from a wonderful seller and bought 2 packs of the same ones by accident. I don't need them all and wanted to trade them...it is wrong to say were I got them and link to her page with the photo? I don't want to take business away from someone but I don't need 20 seeds... I felt kind of funny about it and want to continue to buy her seeds.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trading etiquette question

• Posted by susanc Z9/Sunset 17 CA (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 13, 08 at 21:11

Is there another site that has a pic and info about it, like Plant Files?

o

No Susan there isn't, unfortunately...

o

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 13, 08 at 21:38

I see nothing wrong with it. I once accidentally bought 2 pkts. of a fairly rare heirloom tomato, and I offered seed up for trade. I did mention why I had extra seed when I offered.
Or you could send me a link to the photo, and see if I would like a few, problem solved : )
Remy

o

You paid for both packets so the seller was compensated. By linking her page, you might help her business--potential traders may be curious to see what else she has to sell.

Kate

o

Is it an ebay seller maybe? If so, I think it would be fine to link to the auction. In fact, I think it is fine to put them on the Rate and Review Vendors Forum, as there are several listed there already.

Sue...with her 2 cents as usual

Here is a link that might be useful: Rate and Review Vendors

o

i think kate is right, i think if i was in business i'd like it if someone did that :')) jm2c

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here