Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'shaking head'

Posted by lindaruzicka Z6 PA (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 9, 08 at 22:14

I was browsing though the seed exchange today...getting another seed fix and made the comment to my daughter.."Gee, I think I'm becoming addicted to this". My daughter looked me square in the eye and said.."well Mom, the first step is to admit that you have a problem." ..wonder what she's trying to say?..."hiding boxes of seeds in closet"....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'shaking head'

My daughter looked me square in the eye and said.."well Mom, the first step is to admit that you have a problem."

I think she is right, and the fact that we have several enablers here sure doesn't hep the matter.

There an old thread that covers just such things as you are describing here. Know you're addicted to Seed Exchange-s...when...

Maybe we should start to try and come up with a 12 step program to help us with our addiction. We may never be 'cured' but at least we can think we might somehow get it under control.

Sue...who cannot pass a seed rack at this time of year without stopping and giving it a quick once over

o

"laughing at Sue"...but the question is..do we WANT to be cured?...

Linda..who has been peering out the windows waiting for the mailman"

o

but the question is..do we WANT to be cured?
My understanding is that often one must hit bottom b4 wanting to try and get the help one needs. One would have to see that seed collecting is overtaking their life in a 'not good' way.
Seed collecting/trading affects one's home life, interferes with family and friends. We put seeds ahead of or b4 loved ones. It causes our homes (houses) to become nightmares to live in. Example...cannot eat at the table as it is full of seeds and seed related 'stuff'.
One can no longer sleep in bed. Bed is full of seeds and seed related 'stuff'.
One can no longer allow others into certain rooms as there are seeds and seed related stuff everywhere, including all over the floor. One's home has been given up to one's addiction. Does one want to continue living like that, or are they ready to be helped?

LMAO...Seeds are on dining table and have been at different times on the bed, causing me to have to sleep on the sofa which I love anyway. Thank goodness I live alone and BF is only down on the weekends 1/2 the time. He will be down this weekend I believe, so I must 'allow' some time to purge the dining table.

Sue...off to clean all the plants and plant related stuff off the kitchen counters

o

right now my seeds are contained in my craft room...for now..BUT..I do have gardening gloves and tools on my counter.."looking guilty"

o

LOL well, it could be worse!! LOL you could be addicted to expensive things OR something crazy!! seeds help the earth!! LOL and feed us, yep!! thats my story and i'm sticking to it!!! LOL **big grinn** :'))

o

we haven't been able to eat on my diningroom table for 3 wks now!! It's covered w/ seeds and seed thingies and the wheelbarrows still parked beside the table too..lol

~W

o

It's covered w/ seeds and seed thingies and the wheelbarrows still parked beside the table too
What dare I ask is the wheelbarrow for?

o
RE: just did the math

You've only been a member here since March 21st. I'm guessing you might be new to GW but not new to the seed madness...huh?

o

OMGOODNESS!! and you have a table too?? LOL i don't have one of those! my diningroom is gone though!! its currnetly taken over by gnats and plants and seeds, well not so much of them, hubby got onto me about getting rid of some and left some at familys, LOL well that took care of a-z. now i need to get rid of the new batch, (ya rite) LOL i may need some for trading, HEE HEE i do know april 21st cannot come fast enough!! (last frost date in ks) i'm sure pretty soon my one fridge will be filled back up with seeds again!! LOL

o

Well...mine haven't migrated to the bed ... YET. But the dining table, game table, coffee table, patio table, front and back porches, hearth, kitchen counters, dryer, top of fridge.....I think I'm missing some somewhere....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here