Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
heatherbon_gw

Question

heatherbon
16 years ago

I have a question about an email that I have rec'd tonight...it was from someone that had seen my first posting and requested that I do a trade outside of this site and pay for the shipping on the seeds that I choose. Is this normal or do I need to hide my email address? Not sure if I am posting this in the right place or not but was just curious if this happens all the time.

Thanks

Heather

Comments (4)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

Hi Heather,

The best place to ask things or look for someone, etc is on the Conversation side as this side is for Trades (and 'offers) only. Sometimes GW will move posts, but if they do, just look on the Conversation side, and you will find it there.

.it was from someone that had seen my first posting and requested that I do a trade outside of this site and pay for the shipping on the seeds that I choose.

I'm confused...it was for a trade, and they wanted you to pay them shipping as well as trading?...at any rate, I would just ignore it.

Is this normal or do I need to hide my email address?
    I would not hide it from members. I have shown mine to members for 4 years with no problems whatsoever. If you hide it, then if you post to someone's thread, and they get the follow-ups emailed to them, they cannot simply 'reply' to that email...a hassle to some in a lot of cases.

I'm curious about the specifics of this person. Would you mind emailing me the specifics? It might be a good idea to 'out' them on a new thread on the Conversation Side...just depends...

Sue...resident busy body.

• heatherbon
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sue I am forwarding the email to you now. Sorry for posting in the wrong area. When you click on their link it tells you way down the page the cost they require for shipping the seed packets.
    Maybe I misunderstood not sure thought I should check it out though

Thanks
    Heather

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

I received the forwarded email.

From what I can tell, you responded to 'their' SASBE offer thread here on the exchange. When they replied to you they requested 2 stamps thinking that was adequate. Their intention was to send you seeds (you provide the bubble envy and 2 stamps to cover sending them to you.)

The link in the email was to on off site location to the seeds they have available....which by the way, they don't have any working links to other seeds available as they said they did in your email. Also, that link is in violation of the terms of service to have on their member page as well, as selling from GW is not allowed.

I do believe she may just really be offering the seeds she listed in her post. I will email you as to which thread it was that you posted to.

Sue...rbb

• heatherbon
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you this has been a learning experience. lol
    I appreciate your help
    THanks
    Heather

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus