Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
poisondartfrog

Has anyone heard from Melinda since her surgery?

poisondartfrog
12 years ago

I was hoping she would have posted by now.

Alana

Comments (12)

• littleonefb
    12 years ago

Alana,

I haven't heard from her in a while so sent her an email tonight. Will let you know when I hear from her and how she is doing.

Fran

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Fran.

• littleonefb
    12 years ago

Alana,

Haven't heard from Melinda yet. I hope she is OK.

Fran

• graanieb
    12 years ago

I've seen her on Facebook posting she is doing well, 3 weeks after surgery and it will take a while..glad she is recovering.
    Guess time everyone joins Facebook, smile, it's easy to sign up, type in her name, request a friend-type in the name if you want to communicate but can read until then, I'll tell her her friends here have missed her.. you all be well,
    have a great day,

Bea

• karyn1
    12 years ago

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that she's doing well. I have a facebook page and rarely check it. I'm sure everyone thinks that I'm ignoring them. I haven't even responded to my "friend" requests.

• littleonefb
    12 years ago

I just heard from Melinda and she's know almost 4 weeks post op and slowly recovering.
    It will be a while for her to recover.

I told her about this thread and sent her a link to it and that she should get over hear and post so her GW friends know how she is doing and recovering.

I'm not on facebook, Bea. Have never had an interest to be part of it and really don't now either.
    Just too many things to do and not enough time and adding one more thing to the list is just not something I want to do. I got enough trouble keeping up with the sites and stuff that I'm part of now.

Fran

• graanieb
    12 years ago

Karyn and Fran, glad now we know about Melinda and hope her recovery goes well, it's a good sign when there is a progress no matter how slow, hope she will log back here soon, posted to her last night she is being asked for in here and hoped she'd get back to check.
    Facebook..not for me... what I thought for a while also, prefer emails, just that family, esp. my sister, told me about it and I simply love seeing her messages and pictures ,plus relatives', old friends and of course love my GW friends there too, seems everyone is there lol..I really became addicted to it, don't play games there or pay mind to any request, noone has that much time.
    Hope you've been well Fran, haven't heard from you in a while, you too Karyn, always good to see my caring friends, all of you here.

Bea

• Melinda Hagen
    12 years ago

Hello all! So sorry, I didn't get on computer for quite a while and just posted again last week on Facebook. Made my arms hurt to much to type.
    I am doing well according to drs. Will be 4 weeks on Thursday. Took both breasts and muscle in areas. Just got staples and drains out on Monday. But all in all I am doing well. Walk the yard daily, when not raining. Able to go out and to store (when someone gets the stuff for me). I have been cheating this week and planting a few seeds here and there in a few pots. But granson fills them and moves them for me. Might be a little late in year, but makes me feel good. My dgt. did plant all my wintersown items that came up! I don't believe I would have done so many if had known in March that I was going to be diagnosed with cancer!
    They won't let me do reconstruction for at least a year, and maybe not then. But I am just thrilled I am alive, so will be padded forever I suppose! LOL! Actually, I am going to be fitted on Thursday when I go to the oncologist. Still very sore, and probably won't be able to use for a while but will have it done! That is when I find out if I have to do chemo IV. I already am taking a pill and will have to take for 5 years they say. But if that's all I am thrilled also.
    My baby sister did the same surgery, but is getting reconstructed at same time. Hers was day before mine. She doesn't have any muscle loss or have to take any chemo, so prayers are answered for her and I am so glad! We are very close in heart and that helps! We are about an hour away from each other so don't see each other much, but talk almost daily. She'll be going back to work in a week or so. If I don't have to do chemo I'll be able to go back at the end of June hopefully.
    I do apologize for not seeing the post sooner. Haven't been able to garden so haven't been on much lately. Actually not even on until the last week.
    Thanks so much for thinking of me and know that I am hanging in there, staying postive, and have a whole new outlook on life!
    Hug to all, Melinda

• littleonefb
    12 years ago

"But I am just thrilled I am alive."

Now that sounds like the Melinda we know so well and love.

Hey padded or not, only those closest to you will know, and wasn't there a time in our lives when we all "padded out a bra that was too big for us with tissues"?
    Now you can just be whatever size you want to be. Pretty cool sounding, isn't it?

Your Mom would be so proud of both you and your sister. Attitude is more than 50% of the battle, Melinda. Positive outlook is what you need.

Don't rush yourself now, follow those doc instructions so you can get back on your feet without any setbacks because you where impatient.

Behave yourself and let that grandson do all the heavy work and lifting.

Hoping all you need to do is swallow that "pill", but if not, you will get through that too.

Thinking of you and patiently waiting for those perennials from your Mom to start blooming for me.
    I get a smile on my face every time I see them, and I'm sure she's smiling down on both you and your sister.

Fran

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Melinda,
    So glad you are making progress! Keep us updated when you can.
    Alana

• dorisl
    12 years ago

I hope you continue to well also!

• graanieb
    12 years ago

Yes, prayers and hope for good outcome, hugs.
    Good to see you here and there, anywhere you can manage.

Bea

Sponsored