Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hey, I'm a newbie

Posted by jtbeachbum 7b (My Page) on
Wed, May 19, 10 at 10:42

Just stopping in while at work, shhh...dont tell anyone. I'm a newbie interesting in getting starting. This is great. I love it already, and haven't even really begun yet. If anyone wants to offer me tips or tricks, or anything useful or not so much, I much appreciate all the help I can get. Is there a page that kinda breaks down everything to help new folks like me? Thanks. Looking forward to it.

Jon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hey, I'm a newbie

Hi jtbeachbum/Jon,

Welcome!

Well for starters the link to the Special Instructions for the Exchange is broken but we have them posted in a thread. Besides the actual 'official' instructions, I have added some hints and tips to them.

At the bottom of the post are some links to some useful and some entertaining threads.

You are doing great so far, introducing yourself, and asking for tips and tricks, and having your Member Page email link set up. Good for you!

I imagine initially you will want to fill in your trade page, even if you might not have anything to trade at this time, and list the things you might be interested in receiving if you reply to some of the seeds for postage 'offers.'

HERE is a link to the Special Instructions for the Exchange.

HERE is a link to a thread addressing newbie and newer member issues. It explains how to set up your Member Trade list, and how to look for and respond to the Seeds for Postage (ie BEAP-Bubble envelope and postage, SASBE, Newbie, Free, etc offers. In most cases you will be instructed to send a bubble envelope and a return address label, and enough postage to get the envelope returned to you with seeds in it. The member making the offer, will give you the specifics of what is needed...you will probably be asked to be sure and include your member name as well as maybe a list of seeds you were to receive.

hth.

Holler if you have any questions...we are a pretty friendly bunch here.

My name is Sue. How do you do? I am the resident busy body here.

o

Thanks. And thank you for all the great information. Looking forward to getting started after I get all caught up on how this works.

o

Hi Jon Welcome to GW!
I just sent ya a e-mail for a trade :)
Well Sue is the best person to help :)she's great!

You can check the rate and review before trading too. just copy the persons user name and past it in the serch box.
There are alot of good traders in here. very friendly! you'll be hooked in no time :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here