pics of After and in the middle of...

lindaruzicka
15 years ago

{{gwi:30591}}

small garden off the side porch...

{{gwi:30592}}

this was my former "bed of rocks"...it looks alot better now I think.."L"

{{gwi:30593}}

this is a new bed that I outlined with some of the rocks that I moved. The shed in the back I want to redo into a potting shed.

{{gwi:30594}}

this is the bed I worked on yesterday..the bed behind it, outlined in rocks, is where I'm going to put my night blooming garden. I have to dig that up yet.

{{gwi:30596}}

this is my side porch that I have totally splewed everywhere..see? I'm messy too..."L"

My butterfly garden will be the next MAJOR project. I'll be starting that at the end of May, beginning of June. Oh, and I want to put a small rose garden off my patio yet too. Guess I'll have to take pics of that next!

Comments (16)

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Nice!

And look at all that green grass! Need a mower? I'm gonna be needing mine anymore...hahahahahahahaha!!!!! (maniacal laughter IS the best kind, don't you think?)

I like how you've outlined your gardens with the rocks, that's cool!

.....and now, to the parlor for a glassful of some fine, mountain-brewed whiskey..... shall I pour you a glass too, m'dear?

-dAn

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm going to slowly get rid of the grass, blade by blade..."borrowing your maniancal laughter"...I'd be delighted to have a glass of fine, mountain brewed whiskey...you are serving it in crystal?.."arched eyebrow"...."G"

• medontdo
    15 years ago

now that is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l !!! i so love it!!! roses would be awesome!! with some smell!!

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

would I serve it anything else? although, I must admit, I did see you swigging it from the bottle the other night. don't worry though, I like a woman who can hold her liquor.

would you care for a strawberry? (holding out a silver bowl of fresh fruit for you to choose from)

(strains of violin music waft on the breeze as it blows in and out of the mansion windows, hmmmmmm, could that be an orchestra accompanying the sounds of Metallica?) ---grin---

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Medo,
    I'm a fan of scented roses too. That will probably be another small garden I do before the big butterfly garden one. I'm excited!

Dan,
    I never swig!.."holding back belch"....are the strawberries covered in chocolate?..."poking one daintly with finger and perking up ears to orchestra"...

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Looking good Linda! :) Our set ups are pretty similar from what I am seeing from your pics! Our porches have the same decorative "mess"...lol...must be a PA thing!

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL...well, it's good to know that I'm not alone in my mess...everyone just sorta steps around it. I haven't planted many seeds yet, which is why there isn't much color. I do know one thing, iris are really really hardy! I have some in a plastic garbage bag I've been watering waiting to plant them and they have buds on them!

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

Wow Linda, What a nice transformation. I especially like the area that was formerly a bed of rocks. Such a vast improvement.

Sue

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Sue, I can't wait until I get some color in there...I planted some poppies so I'm waiting to see if they come up.

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Linda, it is looking soo nice..and just think..you get all the hard work done " making the beds, getting them ready" then you can start on adding in the color, and extras..Looks like you have done a lot in a short time.

My porch has one tiny little area right now to walk thru..I am out of room...*blush* and still think I am going plant shopping on sunday...sometimes I wish there was a cure...I could stay home and plant seeds..BUT those Gh's are calling my name..LOL

So, it MUST be a PA thing, and I just brought it with me...LMAO !!

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

You can take the girl from PA ,but cant take the PA from the girl! :)

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

ah, yes, chocolate-covered strawberries! is that brandy those peaches are in? I do believe I'd like to have a dish of those too! Would you like some? They compliment these strawberries SO well!.....

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

What else are you PA girls planting?

"teetering back and forth on high heels"..just how much brandy is there in those peaches???...."eyeing up peaches that are drowning in brandy"

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Mmmmmmmm......Brandy! :)
    I have decided to plant everything I could get my hands on...lol...I am really excited about my Bellflowers (Campanula) ,I collected a bunch of different types and so far I have had good germination,so let the invasion begin! Than there are the MG's and Sweet Peas! This will be a viney year for me! Cup and Saucer,Purple Bell,Black Eyed Susan,Coral Vine,Fuzzy Bean,Spanish Flag,Canarybird,Chickabiddy.... and a couple others I am not recollecting right now.Lots of Salvia, too.I could go on and on...lol...
    I will be sharing pics soon,I am having technical problems with this blasted camera! It is driving me nuts because I have so much going on I would love to share!

• chrizty
    15 years ago

looks great Linda love the spot for your night blooming garden.

• plant-one-on-me
    15 years ago

Very nice! I working blade by blade also. Kim

Sponsored