Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
reyna1_gw

Sick Of Receiveing Crushed Seeds

reyna1
14 years ago

Am I the only one that people send seeds in a regular envelope with no protection?

Some well meaning folks put in a slat of bubble wrap, but its only bubblewrap on one side, which still causes crushed seeds.

If you are going to send seeds, make sure the seeds are protected from both sids, meaning full bubble warp, or full bubble wrap mailer.

I'm sick of getting crushed seeds as I'm sure everyone else is. Recently I contacted someone to inform them that they sent crushed seeds, and didn't get a reply back. It would have been nice to at least acknowledge and ask how to correct this in the future. In the future, any trades will only be done with people that send seeds that are protected.

Comments (2)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    14 years ago

Am I the only one that people send seeds in a regular envelope with no protection?
    I haven't been trading much, so have not received any in a while, thank goodness.

Some well meaning folks put in a slat of bubble wrap, but its only bubblewrap on one side, which still causes crushed seeds.
    If you are going to send seeds, make sure the seeds are protected from both sides, meaning full bubble warp, or full bubble wrap mailer.
    I often wonder if the member thinks they are saving, and that the bubble wrap on one side is enough. We have sure had a lot of discussion here about using bubble envelopes (and recycling them for use multiple times), and not using plain white envelopes with bubble wrap in them. The plain white envelopes are easily torn/destroyed, and require the same postage as a bubble envelope of the same weight so long as it is between 1/4" and 3/4' and the contents evenly distributed, and taped in place to prevent shifting causing the envy to bulge.
    Some folks think that by writing Hand Stamp on a regular envy that it will be all right. That is just not the case. It will either not be handstamped (as they do not have the time to read everything on every envy) or else it will be handstamped and will require the same postage as a regular bubble envy described above. Then the receiving member may end up with postage due.

Recently I contacted someone to inform them that they sent crushed seeds, and didn't get a reply back.
    I would suggest you stating that info in a review for the member at the Rate and Review Forum linked below.
    The instructions are at the top of the forum. When starting a thread for a member, (if there is none found via a search there) please just put the member name only in the Subject of Posting line. There are 3 other information 'threads' there on page one, about searching and posting on the forum. I just went and bumped them all up to the top.

I have noticed others that have been giving negative reviews for members not properly packing seeds in bubble envelopes.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Rate and Review Forum

• medontdo
    14 years ago

yes, and yes! i do agree, i have recieved only a few times crsuhed seeds. they have had "please hand stamp" on there, and it was bubble wrapped really well, but let me tell ya, my seeds were crushed. so between that and stamps, geesh! i've kinda lost the bug for seeds. **grin** i shoulda just left the rate. i used to tell people when i made a trade, as soon as our trade is done, i'll leave a rate, and leave the link in the email. that way they know **onery grin** kinda like leading a horse to water- two things can happen 1) they know i'll leave them a good or bad rate, and hopefully they'll leave me a rate, ummmm that's how i've gotten so many rates, besides trading so many times. (i think) besides i chose great people. **grin** but when ya do round robins, that's a whole nother story. **sigh** soooo, there it is. and yep, i also agree that the ONLY way to send seeds, unless its like the feathery or some really pliable-bendable types is with the bubblers. :') ~Medo

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!