Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dan_the_mailman

How long does it take...

dan_the_mailman
15 years ago

before I'm not a newbie anymore??? I don't know if I qualify for that title anymore or not. I am experienced here, so no way could I be called a virgin. LOL! After all, I've been "enabled" in many ways these past few months! Not that I'm complaining or whining, oh no! I like being enabled, whether it be a quick trade, or a long-lasting round robin.

And I just know you all are gonna get me to do the winter-sowing thing, I just know it!

-Dan

Comments (9)

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

hmm...good question...I joined not soon before you I think..and I've been thinking about winter sowing too..maybe we have to experience our first full year?

• medontdo
    15 years ago

i wasn't a "newbie" after about 2 months, i think, cuz i was trading so much, hmmmm....maybe 3, and i had so many seeds, and it was crazy!! i thought i knew alot!! now, i know nothing, winter sowing is over and guess what?? i have almost no seeds again!! LOL i've enabled alot of people, and now i just have a big bunch of seedlings that need planted. i am in heaven!!! LOL

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

I dont know what a "newbie" term is...BUT i DO know that you WANT to winter sow...I have sooo many healthy babies...the roots on some of them at 6 inches long, and the plants are awesome. strong, not falling over..SO YES you need to winter sow !!

I think a newbie should mean you dont have much to trade or share..........if you are trading a lot, and offering seeds for free... then no more newbie..LOL

• Ann
    15 years ago

Come on, Dan, WSing isn't hard AT ALL. I only sowed about 350+ varieties LOL It's just another stage in the obsession...all the ladies here know what I mean, right Medo? That way you don't need a greenhouse to start seeds during the winter and you get to do some plant related stuff over the cold winters. Ann

• bakemom_gw
    15 years ago

For the purposes of my project, a newbie is new to growing from seed, new to a particular method (yes, you are WS noobs)or just hasn't grown from seed for a while and needs a jump start.

The reason I call it Newbie isn't to exclude experienced gardeners, but to give seedies a warning that the newbie pack contains some very basic seeds and the packs are my choice (to cut time and confusion).

That's the only reason I limit it, but whether you are a noob, is up to you. I don't care.

• medontdo
    15 years ago

i tell ya something about ws dan, its soooo much better than the other stuff cuz when ya put them out, a don't have to put them out for a while,, then bring them in, put them out, and such, cuz they are used to the light already. its plain awesome!! you so know i'm doing this next year!! and you don't have to worry about the room in your house, or gnats or anything else, but some of mine had some moldish on them cuz i got them to wet, and it heated up, but when i went topless, that took care of that!! they sprouted right up!! LOL now all i have to do is worry about all the planting!! but i'm doing that sq ft gardening style. no crab grass.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

IMHO...a newbie is one whose 'want' list is longer than their have list....among other things.

There's all kinds of newbies...
    New to the site, and maybe their first on line gardening site
    New to growing from seed
    New to Winter Sowing.
    New to Spring Sowing
    New to collecting seed, via harvest, trading, buying, or replying to free offers.

Sue

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

still thinking

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Sue that freaked me out...lol...at first I was wondering how in the heck you posted a blank post....lol...white is definitely not a good choice for text color...lol...

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz