Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Address for the postmaster General-write him directly!

Posted by chemocurl zone 5/6 S IN (My Page) on
Thu, May 15, 08 at 17:31

Postmaster General John E. (Jack) Potter
475 L'Enfant Plaza SW
Washington, DC 20260-3100

I suggest you mention that this a nationwide problem.
Roughly up to 50% of the Post Offices across the country have been overcharging for over a year now. They are charging parcel rate for all padded mailers
Site that there has been overcharging discovered in
NY
GA
PA
KS
CA
OH
CT
MN
OK
MO
KY
SC
TN
MA
TX
MI
RI
NH
MD
UT

Tell him that it has gone on entirely too long, and the nationwide problem needs addressed....right down to each and every window clerk. Tell him that is has been discovered numerous times that often the Postmaster/Mistress was not even aware of the correct charge. There is proof of that in several threads...see link below for threads

The link below shows all of the postage threads and the States the members are in that have encountered problems in the last year.

Here is a link that might be useful: Postage threads just at The Seed Exchange

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Address for the postmaster General-write him directly!

This has happened a few times to my mom and myself, as we do most of the padded envelope mailing. I'll keep this in mind! Thanks.

o

bump

o

I just got word that a member wrote to Ralph Nader

I see at the link above that one of the areas of particular concern to Nader includes Consumer Rights.

I wonder if U S Consumer Protection might be able to help, other than on an individual basis of addressing the problem one by one with individual Post Offices.

Might that be an avenue also to check out to get the word out nationally?

Sue

o

i need the address for postmaster General

o

It is the same address as in the initial post, but it is now Postmaster General & Chief Executive Officer Patrick R. Donahoe. He was appointed Oct 25th, 2010

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here