Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dan_the_mailman

Just a bit of F.Y.I.....

dan_the_mailman
15 years ago

Lately I've been noticing that a lot of people aren't mailing boxes, letters, etc. during the last part of the week because they "don't want the box just sitting at the post office all weekend long."

Well, let me tell ya, that's not what happens.

Mail delivery happens 6 days a week, just doesn't happen usually on Sunday. There are the occasional Monday holidays though.

However, just because delivery isn't happening, that doesn't mean the mail (ie. boxes) isn't still moving through the system to get from one person to another. Boxes that are mailed Wednesday thru Sunday are more likely to get a Monday or Tuesday delivery, having never stopped to rest "all weekend long". If a box is mailed Monday or Tuesday, it'll get to its recipient by Saturday, again, having never stopped to rest "all weekend long".

Don't mean to sound preachy or anything, just wanted to clear that up for you all. The only time a package will sit at the post office for more than 24 is because the person it's going to either went away on vacation and put there mail on hold, or it was too big for the delivery vehicle and the recipient hasn't picked it up yet.

And, with that, I'm done.

Can someone give me an "Amen"? LOL!!!

-Dan, a mailman, and proud of it.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living