Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question regarding membership cancelling

Posted by mgood4u z6-PA (My Page) on
Mon, May 5, 08 at 21:53

How in the heck do you cancel your own membership here!?!?! There is no link anywhere that I can see. I am sick of having 2 member names (dawnbrn). I only use the email linked to my original name. The email under dawnbrn is long gone. My trade list is under dawnbrn but my email addy is under mgood4u. It's messed up and annoying to try to trade!!! This all stemmed from my trade page under mgood4u getting completely screwed up and unfixable from my point of view. Getting no response from this website when I email multiple times is irritating me. I want to cancel both memberships and maybe start a new with my original one.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question regarding membership cancelling

mgood4u,

I'm certain if both memberships were canceled that you would not be able to sign up with an old member name of mgood4u.

Why not just move your correct email addy to your member name dawnbrn, and then put a blurb on your mgood4u member page telling of your new member name, and maybe even link to it.

Your trade page for mgood4u looks like it may have had some bad HTML or something mess it up.
It would involve having a 3rd (junk) email addy to put on the mgood4u account to free up your good email addy. (you could choose the option to show the email addy to no one...thus no email link on that page. You could then change the addy on your dawnbrn account to your correct email addy.

Clear as mud? If you have problems, give me a holler (email)

Sue

o

ROFL!!!

IT'S SUE TO THE RESCUE... AGAIN!!!

WAY TO GO SUE!!!

o
RE: hmmmmmmm..................

Hey... having the title of resident busy body, it is my job to at least try and come up with an occasional solution...right?

Sue...rbb

o
RE: yippee

Hey thanks Sue! It worked. You have to enter the info and submit the change twice before it will except it but it did work. You are the GW handywoman! lol. I appreciate it, thanks!

o

Great! Glad to see you got it all worked out. Let the trading madness get into full gear!

Might you want to go to your old member page, and point folks to your new name and page, with a clickable link...maybe? Am I (n)ever satisfied?...lol

Sue...rbb

o

See Dawn I told you Sue could help she seems to solve all the problems here. Sue you should get a paycheck.LOL
Patty

o

A occasional kind word and a thank you is a wonderful form of a paycheck. I am just glad I can help with an occasional small or headache of a problem.

Sue...who is calling it a day, due to a sinus headache...sigh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here