Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unfortunate incident

Posted by uncgardener 7b (My Page) on
Sat, May 10, 08 at 21:58

My DH thought the manila envelope I keep my seed packets in was trash!!!! He was 'cleaning' out the 'man room' which also happens to be our office. Such is life, but I almost went dumpster diving. Thought I'd share as he doesn't seem to understand what the big deal is, I need someone to commiserate with....anyone else ever had this happen?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unfortunate incident

i've read about these befor!! ohhhh how sad!! this one lady put it in a shoe box and her cleaning lady and the cleaning lady threw the out. most people are so willing to help ya out after things like this, :')) if ya post what was thrown out people will be more than willing to help, i'm sure, we'll check too. MEN!!!!!!!! LOL Medo
P.S. don't forget to post here what that ol hubs threw out **giggling**

o

Send me a list of what he threw out,maybe I can help replenish some of your loss! :) Ugh! MEN!!!!
~ Angie...who is very busy,but can always find time to help a fellow seed addict! :)

o

i woulda put some gloves on n went dumpster diving!! lol
send me a list too :)

o

How awful! Send me a list and I'll see if I have anything that got "trashed"..

o

I can fully understand. I was working in the back when my husband came around and said "You'd better tell those garden people that if they send you something to put on new postage. I told the mailman to take back the envelope I wasn't paying $1.47 for a bunch of seeds." He didn't even ask me what was going on he just sent them back. He doesn't understand how much fun this is for me. Now I have someone out there generous enough to send me seeds and I don't even know who to thank and tell them what happened since I don't even know from what state they came from.

Sometime I just want to kick him in the backside! He can be so great at times and others so frustrating. I guess I have to keep him though since it took me 26 years to train him...guess I need a few more years of practice lOL. Kim

o

Kim,
I've been working on training mine for close to 43 years (3 more months if he makes it!) and I don't think I am any closer to having him trained that I was when I started LOL.

Communication is the BIGGEST problems...He: "Oh, I thought it was that plant you wanted dug out!!" Me: "No, dear, I just planted that wonderful plant a dear, sweet GW person shared with me!"

Peggy

o

Haha, all of your stories have helped me see the humor in this a bit more, thanks! I guess I'll still keep him, he did renovate our house and build me a raised vegetable garden, although now the seeds I was going to plant in it are gone, lol. I will try and compile a list for those of you who offered, that is the sweetest thing ever! Have a great day everyone! Keep the stories coming if you have them.
Kara (who knows for sure now men are from mars and women are from venus ;) )

o
The Lost List

The List:
Veggies and Herbs I hadn't quite got planted yet
*Melon- early dew ( but at this point I'll take anything hehe)
*Cucumber- Bush champion
*Eggplant-Black beauty
*basil-genovese and lemon-lime
(so glad I already started the tomatoes and peppers!)

Flowers (many I can get the commercial packs but here are the ones I thought may be harder to recoup)
*coneflower-harvest moon, bravado, sunrise
*Gaillardia-magic carpet, razzle dazzle
*Lunaria
*Blackberry Lily
*Moudry Black Fountain Grass
*Scabiosa-salmon queen and ace of spades
*pink obedient plant
*Love lies Bleeding
*Hardy Hibiscus- I had red and pink
*spilanthes oleracea (eyeball plant)
*Baptisia
*trumpet vine-yellow and orange
*cleome
*Malva Zebrina
*Butterfly Pea vine
*Maypop
*Cypress Vine
*Scarlett runner vine
*Love in a mist
*Sweet Pea- Black Night
*variegated hosta
Osteospermum- white w/purple eye

(there are many more *sigh* but these are the ones I cared the most about, more common things I'll go buy off the rack at Lowe's or something...actually hubs can buy them for me!!!)
Thanks, Kara

o

i have these
cleome
Malva Zebrina
Love in a mist
Cypress Vine
Scarlett runner bean vine i only have 4 seeds, could send you 2 if thats ok
send me e-mail with your adress if you want them :)

o

I think I may have blackberry lily and I know I have some eyeball plant seeds...let me check

o
RE: seeds

okay, I do have the blackberry lily, and a few eyeball seeds. I also have some columbine and some lantana mix if you'd like those!..let mek now...Linda

o

Chrizty and Linda, I sent you both emails. Gardeners are so wonderful :)
Kara

o

Nicotania sp.
Morning glories-unusual colors/patterns
Clematis- any

these were on your wants list, might as well add them hee hee :)
i have morning glories flying scaucers if ya want them, some how i ended buying two pks lol n clematis from a swap i ment to winter sow n didnt, pink n purple.
i also have a few love lies bleeding seeds.
n a few hibicus pink or white the pk dont say if there hardy or not.

o

i "may" have some maypop left and if your not to picky about stuff i can send ya some of what i dont sow, so i can get some more, **heh heh heh onery laugh** like i don't have enough to "try" to plant right now!!! just wait till its time to plant these babies!!! LOL email me and i'll get somethings sent off!! many hugs!!! i'm a brand new anunti again!!! to a new girli!!! :'))

o

Medo, I am sending you an email! You are so funny haha, give some away so you can get more. I am in no way picky, bring it on :)

Chrizty, It all sounds wonderful! I am so happy and excited now, when last night I was practically in tears *huge huge grin* Did you get me email?

Hugs to All!!!!
Kara

o

I have some scarlet runner beans, bush cucumbers and watermelon you can have. I also have other veggies if you still need them. LMK your addy and I will send along. Kim

o

i mailed out your envy this morn
i stuck 2 cobeaea seeds i had leftover in there, you might have better luck as your zones warmer than mine, the seeds i started a few weeks ago havent poped out the soil yet, but i checked by pokin the soil around n seen the white stem thing commin out the seed *whoohoo!*lol

i googles those eyeball [toothache plants] those are so cool lookin! ill haveta get me some next year. the seedrack has em.:)
christy

o

Christy, how awesome I have always wanted to try those and have the perfect place if they grow. You all have been too generous I do not feel like I deserve all this! I can't wait until I find someone else in need so I can return the favor!!!!
Kara

o

Kara,

I'm so sorry to hear about this tragedy! I have a bunch of stuff I could share, if you are into small amounts. Maybe we should get together again soon! Check out my trade page as it is somewhat updated, and let me know what I can pull for you!

o

Kara, I would be happy to share some of my seeds with you too. Send me your address and I'll send you a surprise package that you can either use for yourself or use for trades. Thanks.

Darlene

o

Darlene, I sent you an email :)

Tola, anything you have would be great, at this point I am not picky at all and small amounts are more than sufficient. We should meet sometime soon at the NC Botanical Gardens!

Thanks everyone, I never expected all of this good will and I feel quite loved :)
Kara

o

Hi Kara! :) I have:
lunaria
black scabiosa
Love lies bleeding
Eyeball plant ( I have lots of this I could share)
Trumpet vine orange and yellow
cleome
blue pea vine
I have so many others also,email me the list of ones you were going to buy,no use buying them if I have them! :) Also my Mom is a UNC employee also! :) Hope to hear from you soon!
~Angie

o

Sent you an email Angie! :)

o

Kara,
Check my list and see if I have anything you are interested in. Send me an email.

o

proudgm, sent you an email! :)

o

hi Kara
did you get the seeds i sent ya?

o

Christy, I sent you an email when I got them last week. Hmmm, maybe it didn't go through? I do want to tell you again thank you so so so much, many of the seeds are already in the ground :) You were so wonderful to send me all those seeds. My husband says thanks also since he no longer has to sleep on the couch lol :)
Kara

o

Hi Kara
must not of went through, that happend a few times for me. so glad ya got em!! n LOL glad your hubs dont have to sleep on the couch anymore LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here