Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mix seeds in a bag what do you think?

Posted by meadowgarden zone 7 (meadowmarino@optonline.net) on
Fri, Jun 6, 08 at 7:02

I was in Homedepo the other day. i saw a very very BIG box of mixed shaded plant seeds. and a Very BIG box of Zinnas. (mix colors) should I trust and buy or do you think its a BIG Box of weeds?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mix seeds in a bag what do you think?

Hi Meadow,

If you check the box, you will see that it is seeds in a planting medium of sorts that makes it easier to scatter the seeds. It might tell what percent is seeds and what percent is 'other' ingredients...but most importantly of all, it should tell how large of an area to cover.

I have been meaning to mention to you that you don't have an actual email link on your member page...and often members do not notice it elsewhere on the page. Also, the way you have it set up now, if you respond to someone's thread, and they get a follow up email, chances are they will not be able to then just 'reply' to the email, but instead, will have to hunt of the thread and then find your addy.

I'm a really big stickler for members having the link on their member page...as it is most convenient for members to reach one another.

While it is your choice if you want to post your email addy for 'ALL' to see, it would be best if you would check the box on the Profile Preferences, to allow members to email you via the site here.
Clear as mud...feel free to email if you have any questions.

Sue...resident busy body on Member Page email link patrol

o
RE: Mix seeds in a bag what do you think?

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 8, 08 at 11:39

Hi!

I was looking at a similar box of petunias. The box said it had 20,000 seeds. I googled seed weights and found that 20,000 petunia seeds weighed a ridiculously small amount, like an ounch or slightly more or less.

The box of 20,000 petunia seeds was big enough for three pounds of cookies.

Its probably not a box of weeds, or a box of zinnias, its a box of vermiculite.

Really, you could do tons better by trading seeds on the exchange page. I once got an envelope FULL of marigold seeds for a couple stamps, and it didnt need a three pound box of coodies to hold it. (waving at greenthumbs10 if she's out there).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here