Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbie question in regards to trade

Posted by countrycarolyn 6-7 nw TN (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 7, 09 at 12:19

Ok, I have been in a trade with someone we both agreed to what we wanted to trade for (I think I am in the trade with someone fairly new as well, not as new as me though). I sent off my part of the trade a few extras since I knew what I was getting was very rare. How long do I wait??

She said she was mailing the package over a week agao. I emailed back to find she hasnt mailed it yet, she also states she hasnt gotten mine, which I dont buy since I have sent out a few SASBE offered from very generous people, and I have already got them back.

So what are the proper steps to take?? Should I just be patient?? Should I send a email and say I will be putting our transaction on the rate and review (lol ha ha in other ways saying if you stiff me everyone will know)??

Any and all advice will be great. I am starting to think I should of traded with someone of more experiece on GW that would be willing to help a newbie like myself.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie question in regards to trade

Hi Countrycarolyn, first off welcome to the forum, and secondly, i would give her another week, sometimes life gets in the way, then i would rate her, we have i'm sure i have been stiffed and or forgoten about,allso email them back in a week, maybe this will help, lilly.

o

Thanks lilly, I really enjoy this forum I have learned so much and hope I have contributed some of my knowledge.

I guess I am just eager cause this one is a rareity, I will give her more time, and cross my fingers in the meantime lol. Thanks, Carolyn

o

she also states she hasnt gotten mine, which I dont buy since I have sent out a few SASBE offered from very generous people, and I have already got them back.
It is possible though that she has not received it yet, as occasionally a bubble with show up weeks or even months after being mailed, or even never show up. Thankfully that does not happen all that often though. I once received an envy that had been sent about a month earlier...no idea where it had been lost along the way.

She said she was mailing the package over a week agao.
I try instead to say that I hope, or I plan to mail on such and such date, so I am not committed in concrete to get it out, in case too much life gets in the way and I don't get to it.

I would give them a bit more time, and some more emails. and then maybe mention that you will be posting the details of the trade on Rate and Review. As I said, things do get lost, but if that is the case, it will be a warning to others that there 'might' be a problem, and that there is 'really' a problem if the member just quits responding.

Just try and keep the review to the details though, as things 'do' get lost' and computers do crash (and all emails lost) and Internet Service providers, do go out...mine used to go out on a pretty regular basis. Some 'newer' members too, maybe aren't as good at searching and finding threads they had posted to, and finding their way around GW. Feel free to email me with anything you might not want to mention here.

Sue...resident busy body.

o

I did a little research in the meantime, looks as mail is slow to get to her. I think someone had actually sent her something priority mail and it took 5 days to get to her. I hope thats the case cause she seems very nice, and she always answers my emails right away. I figured I would email her later on this afternoon giving time for the mail to run today and see what happens. I can only hope for the best.

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 8, 09 at 19:14

A week is pretty soon to be getting stressed out.

I feel your pain tho! Im always anxious to get my envy's out and more anxious to get them back in. The important thing is that she is communicating with you and being nice aobut it and everything.

Id say if 6 weeks go by and you havent heard anything and arent satisfied with the communication, then come back and talk to us again, K?

o

Thanks dorisl, I will giver her more time. I did email her back yesterday and kindly put in the email that I would be using the rate and reveiw, I havent heard anything. I will give her a few more days to respond, and just go from there.

o

I finally received it, they sure took their dear sweet time.

o

Do you mind me asking who it is?I'm waiting on a package from a somewhat newbie.I've traded twice with her and the first time took awile to but not a month like this time.E-mail me if you don't mind saying who......Debbie

o

• Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 1, 09 at 19:51

Been to a garage sale? Do you know what you are getting? We aren't pros and most of us do our best. I think it's a crap shoot and unless it's abusive (and there are those) you just do your best.

If you are missing seeds, I will help you replace them.

o

jewelgirl04 she didnt send all that she was suppose to but bakemom u sent me exactly what she was suppose to send me. I guess thats another reason why i got so teary eyed. To think you had no clue.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here