Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaruzicka

what I like about the seed exchange and the round robins..

lindaruzicka
15 years ago

I was thinking about what I liked about the seed exchange and the round robins. There are several things actually.

First of all, all the new friends that you make that have the same obsessions that you do.

Second, all the seeds you've thought about planting but didn't know if you wanted to spend the money on them because of limited funds or space.

Third, with the round robins, every box is a surprise and it's like Christmas!

Fourth, they are usually things that you would have never thought of for yourself and plants that you may have never bought for yourself.

FIfth, enabling yet another person..."big Grin"

Sixth, how much fun it is to make up a box for someone else, wondering if they'll like it and what they'll think (I admit sometimes I do get a little nervous)

seventh, once again, all the new and awesome people that you meet!!

I just LOVE this site!!

Comments (7)

• medontdo
    15 years ago

all of the above and when i get so nervous and they finally get the box, then they like it, then i'm finally happy!! LOL i've made another person happy!!
    getting to share something of "mine" with someone else!!
    expanding my garden with someone else's garden!! that "they" grew and loved!!
    making new friends that i'll probably never lose!!
    learning new ways of gardening thru other people!!
    getting other ideas for different gardens.
    and........learning different ways to mulch and stuff!! OHHHH YAAAA!!! ummm i'm not totally excited!!! LOL :'))
    ~Medo

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

the main thing I like about the seed exchanges and round robins is the people I've met in the past months since stumbling across the GW. I've always been a gardener, and have learned what I've learned through trial and error, and even some experimentation. And yes, Linda, I'm still talking about gardening!!! LMBO! Here I've met a lot of great people, even some who "ahem" think they get to approve of my choices of a life-time companion! Here I've been able to bare my soul without fear of reprisal, we've laughed, we've cried, and we've gardened together. Not only have we gardened together in the dirt, but we've also gardened in our souls and spirits, and to me, that takes an awesomely special group of people!

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

why Dan, I thought you were talking about your blue hair..."G"

• chrizty
    15 years ago

i have to agree with ya all:)
    its also like supporting other gardeners who care than the money making companys [not that i dont like to order but gardeners care more,:)] your not just a number you become a friend:)

• daffodillady
    15 years ago

I like to sign in and see what today's conversations are about: sometimes serious and sometimes oh so funny. I almost always learn something new, and usually enjoy a laugh or two, or become amazed at the things ya'll get into and the beautiful flowers that are being grown. Of course, I love the trading also!!

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

I have really enjoyed the seed exchanges, and trading..I have met so many really wonderful people and have learned soo much here on GW. Sadly tho, I have to say I havent had such a good experience with the RR...so I am just going to stick to trading.

I have been working on organizing my seeds..it is taking hours, and now I am starting collecting again in the garden..LOL

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    15 years ago

you need to come over to the MNF..it's a good group!

Sponsored