Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Survey-Do you have and use Paypal?

I'm wanting to dig and offer up numerous things a bit later for postage, and am just wondering what percentage of members have Paypal.

Ideally I'd like to dig and weigh the plants, offer them, receive postage up front via paypal and then mail them the next day.

So...do you have paypal? Yes? No?

chemocurl...aka Sue

Comments (8)

• karyn1
    12 years ago

I've been using Paypal for years and have never had an issue. Actually it's just the opposite. Paypal is one of the easiest companies to deal with when there's a dispute regarding a purchase. It's even easier and more customer friendly then some CC companies. Besides using it to send money and for Ebay auctions there's quite a few online vendors that accept Paypal payments.

When using it to send money for postage you should go under personal, not purchase. Say it's a gift. This way the person you are sending funds to won't be charged a fee.

• countrycarolyn
    12 years ago

I agree with karyn pay pal is great!! I have had it for many years and I have never had a problem with it. I feel safer using pay pal than I do a cc online making purchases. I wish more online services used pay pal.

• poisondartfrog
    12 years ago

Sue,
    I use it, although I boycotted it for a while because it's monopoly on EBAY rankles my "big brother" sensibilities. I am eternally suspicious of "the man", lol.
    Alana

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well, that's 3 for 3 that have it.

I know and understand what you are saying Alana. Ebay sellers are pretty well at paypal's mercy with all their charges...sigh.

I guess I will proceed here in a couple of days with various iris and daylily offers for postage paid upfront with paypal. The sooner I can get some of these things shovel pruned and shared, the better, as I can get some out of control areas back under control.

This way the person you are sending funds to won't be charged a fee.
    I know, but explaining that and getting someone to do it is often hard...so I'll just charge a little for the paypal fees and then maybe refund them (in the box) if there don't happen to be any charges.

Sue

• medontdo
    12 years ago

i have it, but haven't used it in a while, LONG while, LOL but hubs does, he says that if anything happens, say someone doesn't fullfil their end of the deal and messes you over, then paypal reimburses you up to a certain amount. But there are some places they don't work with?? i don't remember who it is. LOL My son uses it all the time. He likes it too. LOL @ Alana, i hear you about "the man"!! Geezh!!! **grin** ~Medo
    Hmmm....daylilies and iris's you say?? **big smile**

• lburky
    12 years ago

I have used Paypal for years as well and love it! I'd be happy to use it for postage, etc.

• Ament
    12 years ago

I don't have a paypal account, always used a check or cash myself. Haha! I've only recently joined GW though too. So maybe sooner or later I will have to start a paypal myself :)

~Tina Marie

• aquawise
    12 years ago

I don't have and I don't want it! Just one more thing for hackers to get into!! where there's a will there's a way! it just a matter of time. Demanding pay pal for plants or postage puts a lot of us at a disadvantage. All of this has really put some of us off and puts a damper on our trading/postage deals. Guess changes will happen here! not much one can do about that. I know it has stopped some of us from trading at all. Will wait and see what happens next.
    This is a trend I don't care for and will avoid, I offer plants for postage and have many people jump on the offer!! then never send the postage, I just cross them off after 2 weeks and move on.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County