Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Survey-Do you have and use Paypal?

Posted by chemocurl 5/6 S Indiana (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 23, 11 at 16:42

I'm wanting to dig and offer up numerous things a bit later for postage, and am just wondering what percentage of members have Paypal.

Ideally I'd like to dig and weigh the plants, offer them, receive postage up front via paypal and then mail them the next day.

So...do you have paypal? Yes? No?

chemocurl...aka Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Survey-Do you have and use Paypal?

I've been using Paypal for years and have never had an issue. Actually it's just the opposite. Paypal is one of the easiest companies to deal with when there's a dispute regarding a purchase. It's even easier and more customer friendly then some CC companies. Besides using it to send money and for Ebay auctions there's quite a few online vendors that accept Paypal payments.

When using it to send money for postage you should go under personal, not purchase. Say it's a gift. This way the person you are sending funds to won't be charged a fee.

o

I agree with karyn pay pal is great!! I have had it for many years and I have never had a problem with it. I feel safer using pay pal than I do a cc online making purchases. I wish more online services used pay pal.

o

Sue,
I use it, although I boycotted it for a while because it's monopoly on EBAY rankles my "big brother" sensibilities. I am eternally suspicious of "the man", lol.
Alana

o

Well, that's 3 for 3 that have it.

I know and understand what you are saying Alana. Ebay sellers are pretty well at paypal's mercy with all their charges...sigh.

I guess I will proceed here in a couple of days with various iris and daylily offers for postage paid upfront with paypal. The sooner I can get some of these things shovel pruned and shared, the better, as I can get some out of control areas back under control.

This way the person you are sending funds to won't be charged a fee.
I know, but explaining that and getting someone to do it is often hard...so I'll just charge a little for the paypal fees and then maybe refund them (in the box) if there don't happen to be any charges.

Sue

o

i have it, but haven't used it in a while, LONG while, LOL but hubs does, he says that if anything happens, say someone doesn't fullfil their end of the deal and messes you over, then paypal reimburses you up to a certain amount. But there are some places they don't work with?? i don't remember who it is. LOL My son uses it all the time. He likes it too. LOL @ Alana, i hear you about "the man"!! Geezh!!! **grin** ~Medo
Hmmm....daylilies and iris's you say?? **big smile**

o

I have used Paypal for years as well and love it! I'd be happy to use it for postage, etc.

o

I don't have a paypal account, always used a check or cash myself. Haha! I've only recently joined GW though too. So maybe sooner or later I will have to start a paypal myself :)

~Tina Marie

o

I don't have and I don't want it! Just one more thing for hackers to get into!! where there's a will there's a way! it just a matter of time. Demanding pay pal for plants or postage puts a lot of us at a disadvantage. All of this has really put some of us off and puts a damper on our trading/postage deals. Guess changes will happen here! not much one can do about that. I know it has stopped some of us from trading at all. Will wait and see what happens next.
This is a trend I don't care for and will avoid, I offer plants for postage and have many people jump on the offer!! then never send the postage, I just cross them off after 2 weeks and move on.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here