Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quiltingfox

Name those favorite gardening catalogs

quiltingfox
15 years ago

My garden is new, and I would like to get some gardening catalogs. Please recommend names of catalogs that you have received quality seeds, bulbs, plants, and tools from that also have good customer service.

Feedback welcomed,

Quiltingfox

Comments (9)

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Hi Sandy,
    I like Spring Hill and Michigan Bulb. I haven't had a problem with either.
    Linda

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

A few years back, I got a Totally Tomatoes Catalog. I ordered a few seeds, sending in my order with payment, as opposed to ordering on line. By that fall, they had passed my name on to others, and I got a total of 24 different gardening catalogs in the mail. That was all it took.

Most have since stopped mailing to me though, since I didn't order from any of them, but I still get them from several places.

I don't buy any plants via mail, but instead search all nurseries in passing for new stuff, and discounted plants.
    Last Sun I found 1 gal shrubs that were already moderately priced, on sale at 40% off. Needless to say I found 11 new (to me) items I just could not live without at those prices.
    I got them at a Rural King...a Farm and Home store.

Sue...always on 'the lookout' for bargains everywhere

• booberry85
    15 years ago

I love:

Bakers Creek Heirloom Seeds
    Territorial Seeds
    Johnny's Select Seeds
    Pinetree Seeds
    Sandhill Preservation

I would check out places here before ordering.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dave's Garden -Garden Watchdog

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

It's Burpee, Parkseeds, and Gurneys for me!

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

Stokes Seed and HPS Seeds are my favorites. I also really like J.L. Hudson, Johnny's Selected Seeds and Pinetree Gardens Seeds.

• chrizty
    15 years ago

i love michigan bulb n spring hill too:)
    michigans potted plants are realy small, i killed alot off planting them out, i learned somewere in GW to pot them up till they are bigger so ill try that next time:) their tea roses bear roots are awsome!! alot bigger than i thought they would be:)

• bakemom_gw
    15 years ago

Select Seed.

• medontdo
    15 years ago

pinetree is not bad, but summer hill seeds is the best for me, they let me know every step of the way what they're doing, PLUS they send me bonus's!! WOO HOO!! can't beat that!! LOL they are great people!! LOL

• tkhooper
    15 years ago

Brecks premium bulbs wonderful guarentee that you never have to use. And some decent coupons that make it almost affordable.

I have not had any really good experiences with any of the seed catalogs. And I've tried alot of them. I would make the following suggestion. That they tell you how many seeds are in their packages. Because Whatnot.com and others only send a very few seeds so their good deal ends up being a rip off. Also check the shipping costs. What some of the companies do is make the seeds very cheap and then sock you on the shipping and handling charges. Grrrrrrh.

I now always check E-Bay before I buy. Some great deals there.

Good luck and let me know which ones work really well for you.

Sponsored