Return to the Seed Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yes Virginia, There IS a Plant-a-claus...

Posted by kms4me z4 MN (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 9, 09 at 2:02

I've been offline for a while now... My computer finally died. Completely. Totally. She's been on her last legs for a long time, a few years. Though I knew she would go some time, she was such a trooper, I kind of thought she and I would limp along indefinitely, burning brightly, then shutting down without warning, only to rally the next hour, if not then the next day. But Lulu the Emachine finally booted for the last time.

Another computer was not in the budget. Underemployment, a soft spot in the roof, then the water pump took a lightening strike and was a whopping $900 to replace... You know, LIFE.

I had my annual plant sale which went well, but I had several plants left over, which I always try to give to charity. I called a friend and asked if her church would like a donation of free plants. She said no, but called me back that same night to say her son, a computer geek for Target corporation, had recently bought a house on five acres and would trade me a computer for my leftover plants. He came with a small trailer and got them, and loaned me a laptop until he has my computer ready. We talked about what my needs are, and he will have it early next week.

I was going to compost the plants... I cannot believe it.

This feels like a July Christmas to me, so Thank you, Great Plant-a-claus.

I just had to share this... I am so happy!

Kate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yes Virginia, There IS a Plant-a-claus...

WOW! That it amazing! What great story with a happyending!!

o

Kate...YAY! Welcome back. I went without a computer for sevearl months a couple of years ago so I feel your pain.

Peggy

o

Oh Kate, that is so wonderful. Isn't it strange yet wonderful how so many things work themselves out? That is so great that you connected with a computer geek needing plants. May you have a long and wonderful friendship meeting one another's needs.

Now...to find that variegated aralia. Then you would have 2 Christmases in July.

Sue...chemocurl

o

Thanks everyone!

Sue, if I found the variegated aralia I think I would be afraid I'd died and gone to heaven.

More good news... Husband is back to work full time plus will have overtime next month. So to celebrate, we are off for a quick, cheap camping vacation in the Michigan Upper Penninsula, one of my favorite places on earth.

Take care everyone!

Kate

o

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 9, 09 at 19:55

Kate,
That's great! You just never know about the crazy turns life takes. It is great that your husband is back to work too!
Enjoy that vacation,
Remy

o

as my brother always says God is good!! mine is, sometimes, it just takes him some time to find me!! **onery grin** LOL i'm just soooooo short in this huge world!!! LOL
i'm so happy for you!! it's great that everything worked out! i hope that you have a great time on your vacation!! :')

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Seed Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here