Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kms4me

Yes Virginia, There IS a Plant-a-claus...

kms4me
14 years ago

I've been offline for a while now... My computer finally died. Completely. Totally. She's been on her last legs for a long time, a few years. Though I knew she would go some time, she was such a trooper, I kind of thought she and I would limp along indefinitely, burning brightly, then shutting down without warning, only to rally the next hour, if not then the next day. But Lulu the Emachine finally booted for the last time.

Another computer was not in the budget. Underemployment, a soft spot in the roof, then the water pump took a lightening strike and was a whopping $900 to replace... You know, LIFE.

I had my annual plant sale which went well, but I had several plants left over, which I always try to give to charity. I called a friend and asked if her church would like a donation of free plants. She said no, but called me back that same night to say her son, a computer geek for Target corporation, had recently bought a house on five acres and would trade me a computer for my leftover plants. He came with a small trailer and got them, and loaned me a laptop until he has my computer ready. We talked about what my needs are, and he will have it early next week.

I was going to compost the plants... I cannot believe it.

This feels like a July Christmas to me, so Thank you, Great Plant-a-claus.

I just had to share this... I am so happy!

Kate

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus