Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sudzy_gw

It was my lucky day Week

sudzy
15 years ago

So, last week I had absolutely no seeds for trade, just an empty handed newbie. Then I received free seeds from wintersown.org, last FRI. Then an offer was made here to free seeds for a newbie for a SASME, which I responded to and the seeds are NOW in my mail. yipee!.

And Yesterday, I'm in Family Dollar and find that they still had seed packets 5/1.00 veggies. I walked over to Ace Hardware and see the sign "All seed packets 10 cents". They were all packaged for 2008. Of course, I had to buy a dozen and a half. (really wanted them all, but folks were watching. Looks like I'm officially in the Seed Exchange business!. Smile

Comments (8)

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Isn't that a wonderful feeling?..You're hooked now!..."L"

Linda

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

really wanted them all, but folks were watching.
    MAN I certainly know that feeling...wanting them all, and just all excited. I know one year I came across a 10 cent dispaly, and they were for that year, and many were $2-$3 packs. Whoo-Hoo. BF was with me, and he must have been embarrassed or impatient, or maybe both. He left me, and went to the vehicle.

Yes...GF...you certainly are now in The Seed Exchange Business!

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Oh I have been away for to long,so now we are calling it "business" instead of addiction?....lol...

• chrizty
    15 years ago

well now that your in the seed addiction business ya need to fill out your page! LOL i just peeked :)
    sounds like ya had a good week:)

LOL sue my hubs dose the same thing!!! ill pick a pack up n say oooo babe look ive been wanting these! only to look up at a stranger cause my dang hubs walked away! LOL

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

ill pick a pack up n say oooo babe look I've been wanting these! ...yeah, or there is no one there to share the excitement of the moment with. That doesn't bother me much...I just tell DBF all about them, and try and show them to him as we are driving away. I think he usually does that 'glazed over' thing.

• sudzy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

well now that your in the seed addiction business ya need to fill out your page!

Yes, I do! I have a plan for that sorta. lol. I'm researching all the great seeds that I've acquired and I'm trying to figure out where to put them all. (OH DANG! lol. Guess I 'll have to start a new bed.haha) And, I've summer sown a few. I want to see what I end up with after winter sowing too. And then, you all are welcomed to the leftovers. I'm sure there will be many. Smile

• sudzy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oops. Which I could edit that last reply. I meant to add that, today I received more seeds (unexpectly) in the mail from a garden club. And, tonight I was admiring my neighbors hummingbird vine, when she said out of the blue, "I'll save you some seeds". Seem like I'm a seed attracting magnet now. lol Promise to share soon. Sill smiling.

• chrizty
    15 years ago

wow you got good luck lol
    i got alot of seeds back from a round robin group seeds swap!:) going through them all is a blast!

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022